25

quote of the chapter ^^

ahn yejin
back to school

       "that winter break was way too short," dasom groaned as she faked a smile and waved at a few girls, "ew, more fake people."

chanmi eyes went wide as she held in her laugh, watching as hyerin stumbled over a student, "shit sorry."

i shook my head, hyerin rolled her eyes, "first day back and i already tripped over someone and bumped into the wall."

chanmi snorted, "welcome back to school hyerin."

dasom looked focus as she rolled her eyes at the couple far away from us. i looked over as all of us stopped. rina looked like she was struggling to follow taehyung, who looked annoyed by her presence.

"are we going to continue to ignore her?" i asked, nudging dasom's arm.

dasom shrugged her shoulder, gripping onto her backpack, "i guess, no more seeing her hot brother for a while," she exaggerated as she held onto minjoo.

minjoo grabbed dasom's hand and took it off her shoulder. i sighed, spotting the familiar black headed boy walking through the crowd of students. chanmi smirked as she nudged me.

"park jimin sunbae!" chanmi yelled as i grimaced, remembering what happened last time. that kiss and rejection.

jimin turned around and lifted his arm to wave hi but stopped. his eyes went wide when he and i made eye contact. his hair was covering his forehead while he was dressed in a loose fitting shirt and black slacks.

he looked away as soon as soomin popped next to him. she was saying something as jimin laughed, his eyes crinkling. he walked away with her next to him, probably to the dance studio.

"woah what was that?" minjoo frowned, gripping onto my shoulder.

i sighed, "stuff."

minjoo raised her eyebrow, pushing her hair back. hyerin's eyes widened at the sight of the very visible mark on minjoo's neck. chanmi watched amused as hyerin struggled to hide minjoo's neck.

"stuff as in bad or good, you need to elaborate here," dasom motioned with her hands.

i stopped in front of one of the classrooms, looking at them, "stuff as in good and bad."

here i was with soomin again at the photo studio. her hair was tied into a small bun while her side bangs curled perfectly at the side. i looked at the small mirror next to me.

       i sighed in jealousy, what was so different from her and i? jimin was sitting in the corner, looking down at his phone. he suddenly looked up, making eye contact with me again.

       his face looked slightly blushed for some odd reason. i looked away, fixing my position next to the the table. soomin walked over to the lights, her fingers pressing buttons, making the lights dimmer.

       "okay, ready?" i nodded, placing my hands near my face, "two shots, just look a little in love."

       my heart started to beat a little faster as i could make out jimin staring. he was probably looking at soomin, who looked more like she should be in front of the camera.

       "perfect, hmm," soomin looked up from her camera, turning around to look at the shots on her computer screen."

       she looked a little unsatisfied, looking at me again, "jimin come over here, i need your help."

       please no, jimin begrudgingly walked over, placing his phone in his pocket again. he walked over to me in front of the camera, "what do you want me to do?"

       "just place your arms around yejin and smile a little," jimin shook his head, still refusing to look at me.

       his arms slowly wrapped around me. a dedicated fangirls dream. the old me would have freaked out but the new me feels awkward and weird.

       the light went off and went on again as the camera made a loud sound. jimin let go of me as he walked over to soomin's side to see the photo.

"let's take the photo again, jimin you need to at least smile," soomin rolled her eyes, showing jimin the photos as she laughed.

jimin sighed, still looking uncomfortable. I could feel him breathing from behind me as he placed his arms around me again. this time the only difference was his chin on my shoulder.

"now smile brightly," soomin smiled as she looked through her camera.

i tiled my head to the side gently, closing my eyes and acting as if i was happy. the shutter went off and a loud sound went off as jimin tilted his head.

"what happened days ago meant nothing," jimin whispered, i felt the warmth of his arms go away.

his back was facing me as he walked over to soomin's side. he looked back at me once, making the awkward eye contact again. he shook his head and placed his left arm behind soomin's back and held onto the table.

"park jimin, what are you doing? you've been weird lately," soomin whispered, i gave a confused look. not hearing what she said.

he shrugged his shoulder, taking his phone out again, "send it."

i sat down on the table far away from the two. i couldn't make out what they were saying clearly but still tried my best to eavesdrop a little bit.

the light shined on jimin's face, making it glow. gosh, how could someone look that good? i shook my head, those were thoughts i shouldn't be thinking. i need to get over this.

"what do you mean?" soomin asked, taking her camera off the tripod.

jimin groaned, "send the photos to me, from our date."

"what date?"

i internally groaned, not hearing any of their conversation. i could only make out a few words like pictures and date. they went on a date together? when?

"oh, i get what you mean, wow jimin," soomin rolled her eyes, i made eye contact with her as she smiled.

soomin placed her camera to the side while i still struggled to listen. i watched as she leaned closer to jimin. she had a small smile on her face as she tapped his shoulder.

"stop making it so obvious," soomin said while stepping back.

jimin rolled his eyes and shook his hand at her, "it's nothing, i swear."

"it'll never be anything."