19

kwon rina
questionable party

       "seriously?" i crinkled my nose and closed the bathroom. i shuddered at the image of the random pair getting it on. at least minjoo and jeonghan aren't that public, well hopefully. holding onto the railing of the stairs, i made my way back downstairs to the living room.

       music blasted loudly as i tried to find yejin, "where could that small girl go?" i muttered under my breathe as i looked around.

       i jumped a little as i felt a tap behind my shoulder. turning around, my eyes made contact with a surprisingly sober jungkook. his hair was styled differently, not like his usual coconut styled hair.

       "what happened to your coconut hair?" the words spilled out of my mouth without thinking.

       jungkook grabbed my wrist and pulled us to the table to avoid getting smacked by others. he smirked, "well hello to you too, where's your boyfriend?"

       i sighed, "i don't know where he's at right now."

       jungkook's had an unknown expression on his face as he was staring at something. he tapped my shoulder and pointed to the kitchen, "well that sucks but i'm going to get drinks."

       "okay, but no alcohol for me," i shouted, my voice was flooded under the loud music. i watched as jungkook disappeared into the crowd of people.

       i tapped my fingers on the counter, following the beat of the music. i spotted hoseok dancing with hyerin, chanmi, and yoongi. while dasom was chatting with a guy who had his face hidden by his hat.

       they must still be mad at me. i continued to  let my eyes roam around. my heart dropped as i noticed an awfully familiar person. there he was sitting next to his group of friends, a can of beer in his hand. a familiar looking girl sat next to him as his arm was around her waist.

       shiro and taehyung. i continued to watch as taehyung pulled shiro closer. she looked beautiful with her mini black dress and choker. her eyes looked dazed and intoxicated as she pulled taehyung into a kiss.

       "hey i bought you some water, i was going to get—," jungkook trailed off as he tried to find what i was looking at, "told you he's a jerk."

       i snapped my eyes back to jungkook and sneered, "no he isn't, he might just be super drunk, everyone makes mistakes."

        "i give up trying to speak to you," jungkook shook his head. i rolled my eyes from his tone of voice and took a sip of the water.

       i yelped from the sudden arm that was wrapped around my waist. a strong scent of alcohol flooded me as taehyung placed his head on my shoulder. his hair was messy and all over the front of his face.

       he looked up at jungkook and pointed, "i don't remember inviting you here."

       jungkook rolled his eyes, "that's funny cause i don't remember inviting you into this conversation hyung."

       taehyung laughed, "i'm going to be taking my girlfriend back," he slurred his words a little and placed my cup down, dragging me along with him.

        even though he was drunk i could still sense the anger radiating off of him. he pulled us over to the side where it was quiet and didn't have many people. his eyebrows were furrowed as he placed his hand on his head.

       his hand still held a can of beer as he opened his mouth to speak, "what are you doing with him? why are you always around him rina."

       i was scared to look up at taehyung. so i decided to keep my eyes on the ground, "well he came up to me so that's why i spoke with him, i'm sorry, i wasn't doing anything."

       he let out a deep sigh, "my trust in you is so low, you won't have me around you anymore if i ever see you with him again."

       i nodded and looked at the beer still in his hand. taehyung noticed my stare and pointed the drink towards me, "drink some, you need to loosen up, your such a kill buzz, just look at the way you're dressed tonight, can you ever think right?"

       "sorry, yejin dragged me over here tonight, i can't drink," i shook my head and tried to push the drink back towards him.

       it only seemed to make taehyung even more mad, "take the drink rina, you are so fucking boring, anyway i'm taking you over to see my friends, don't make a fool of yourself although you already do that everyday."

       "okay, i got it," i hesitated as i grabbed the can and brought it to my lips. taehyung had a hard stare and flicked his hand upwards, motioning me to drink.

       an odd feeling erupted in my body as i felt the drink slowly go down my throat. i finished the can and handed it back to taehyung, who finally had a small smile on his face.

       taehyung nudged me to follow him as we entered the loud living room again. shiro had a cigarette in her mouth as she blew the toxic air out. she laughed a little as the guys next to her were speaking.

       taehyung sat down next to shiro as he patted the seat next to him. i sat down and felt tense at the people staring at me. taehyung chuckled deeply as he noticed my discomfort.

        "these are my friends, bogum, sehun, jaebum, seungjun, and shiro," the boys looked disinterested as they continued to sip out of their bottles.

       "this is rina," taehyung mentioned, I felt a little disappointed by him not introducing me as his girlfriend. it's fine.

       i looked over at shiro as the boys resumed talking again. shiro noticed my stare and held a small smirk, "do you want one?" she handed me the cigarette and placed it in my hand.

       i looked at her then back at taehyung who wasn't even paying attention. shiro noticed my hesitation and laughed, "taehyung, your current girlfriend is such a fucking bore."

        i felt myself shrink a little as the boys and shiro laughed. taehyung shrugged, "i know, it's no fun being around her, just take the cigarette rina, stop being a whimp at everything."

       i nodded and placed it in between my lips. never in my life did i ever think i was going to do something like this. shiro placed the lighter close to the cigarette and lit it up.

       taehyung still had his arm around shiro and he motioned me to breathe out. i took the cigarette out of my mouth slowly and watched as the smoke came out of my mouth. i coughed as the boys and shiro laughed.

       taehyung smirked, "first time for everything, right?"

        i never noticed the hard glare that jungkook was giving across the room. i never noticed how he crumpled up the solo cup that had no alcohol onto the counter. i never noticed how mad he was.