42

i am almost done with the trailer for eighteen's sequel!! i can promise that it's more angst and better looking than eighteen's

— —

min hyerinrunaway

min hyerin
runaway

       where did everything go wrong? random thoughts and questions buzzed in my head with alarm. where was i? i swiftly searched for any hint on the street that would tell me where i was at. a tall boy, lanky but he has exemplary proportions. his hair which is silver, made him look eccentric, his hair gleamed under the city street lights which were now coming on for the upcoming night sky. his eyes held concealed emotions as he made contact with my teary ones.

       the boy seemed to be coming closer, was i the one walking towards him or was it him? Whoever it was, his shoes stopped just a few feet away. namjoon. his hands held onto my shoulders as the flashing lights of cars passed. the city lights casted our shadows on the hard concrete. my heart pulsed fast, making loud noises or so it felt.

       "hyerin, do you know how worried everyone is right now?" his voice held a sense of sternness, it held a nice feeling of calm after a storm. it had me taken aback and astonished at how easily just a sentence leaving his mouth had me less afraid.

       "i'm sorry," were the only words that could come out from my mouth.

       "let's go back," he took a strong grip on my wrist. i held my ground, my head shaking rapidly, "hy-."

       "i can't face them again, did you know?" a sense of dread filled in me, "did you know?"

       he gazed at me with sorrowness. his once calm demeanor disappeared quickly. namjoon's face looked downcast, quickly darting his eyes to somewhere else other than my eyes. but he hastily gazed into my eyes again, his grip still tight but not painful on my wrist, "yes, i knew."

       "i knew it, you guys are all so sick," i began feeling bitterness rising in me. i stared at his downcast face, i knew i couldn't be feeling  irate towards him but my mind was boggled with emotions and it started to take a toll on me, "how could you guys not tell me? was he planning not to tell me and just let me die without that surgery?"

       my words started to come out mismatched. i threw out any thought that was held in my mind. he remained inaudible, his eyes still were concealed heavily. making me feel thrown off by not knowing what he was ruminating at this second. he probably thinks i'm some doltish girl that was rotten to every single part of my body.

       my mind drifted off as i watched the cars pass by on the street. my eyes looked off into the distance. a large dazzling building stood in the middle of small neighboring ones. it's beaming white on the outside made it look like a building that would be a part of the  world fair of 1893.

       "i change my mind, take me back, i need to talk to them."

       the car ride back to that dreadful place was suffocating. namjoon stayed silent but his knuckles were nearly white from gripping onto the wheel so hard. it looked as if he had a lot of things he wanted to ask and answer, but he didn't say anything.

       maybe him being quiet was a therapeutic method for the pounding in my mind to subside. the scenery from outside changed quickly as he sped down the highway. my hands were warm from the soft heating coming from his car.

       his car was a sleek black that was still pretty shiny. the smell of cinnamon was strong in his car from the small yellow smiley face hanging on his mirror. i left my thoughts as i felt his car come to a stop. what? it seemed as if he brought us to han river. the night wind nipped at my skin, i wrapped my arms around myself tightly as i followed him down to the large pier where you can look out at the river. thankfully, there weren't that many people outside today.

       seoul was dazzling, the river was gleaming and reflecting off the lights from the large buildings. the bridge was nearby, cars rushing down their lanes. i could see the hospital close by, large words saying 'seoul hospital.' the sounds of people ringing their bells on the bikes, the laughter of families feeling rather jocular, and the bright city view was beautiful. my eyes drifted down to two names and a heart carved into the railing. i let my fingers rub the harsh lettering, "do you think they are still a couple?"

       "probably not," the sound of a lollipop unwrapping brought me out of my romantic thoughts. his mouth was wrapped around the white stick that was poking out. he placed the white wrapper in his pea coat, making eye contact with me but soon broke away from his gaze.

       i wonder how many other girls hoseok etched his name with. a painful throb from my heart felt as if it was echoing out throughout my body. i held onto the bottom of my cardigan, making sure that he didn't notice. after thinking of hoseok and the many other girls he could possibly be with made the night view look dull. it felt strange thinking about hoseok. he had done so many things for me the past few weeks, helping me complete my bucket list. but, i still have one more thing left on my list, traveling out of the country.

       i never received the chance to fly out anywhere. especially due to the fact that my doctor didn't think it was a good idea ever since i was younger. my parents. i wondered if yoongi called our parents, were they there at the hospital anxiously waiting for me? it felt abnormal thinking that i might actually see my parents after long months and sometimes years being apart from each other. would they be the first two people i would see when i wake up from a long operation?

       i shook my head, i have to resolve the problem between hoseok, yoongi, and i first before anything happens. i stared down at my figure reflecting in the water in front of me, "why did we come here and not the hospital?"

       he removed the lollipop out of his mouth, "to take a breather, especially since it seemed like you needed one," he turned back to face the city view.

       "a breather, huh?" i repeated with a little smile on my face; feeling a bit interested in what he had just said. the only sound that could be heard was the loud laughter coming from people behind us. i looked towards the city, almost acting as if it would give me an answer to all my problems and feelings. a breather from the hustle and bustle of life in the city, the huge pressure back in school, and the complicated relationships surrounding us.

       for some odd reason, i could imagine hoseok here with me. it seemed like a place he would love to visit and spend hours getting dance inspiration. the throb i felt earlier came back but this time even stronger. my knees gave out on me as i fell onto my butt on the ground. namjoon placed his hand on my forehead, looking deathly afraid of what was happening right now.

       "you're burning up, this isn't good," he panicked, hastily saying a bunch of things, "i should have taken you back to the hospital right away when i found you, i'm so stupid."

       the laughter that once was loud now started to sound like my head placed under water. what was this? i felt tired so i leaned my head against the railing ever so slowly. my eyes drooped lowly, i felt a hand touch my cheek. what was going on? this was a new feeling i never felt before, this wasn't what usually happens. i blinked as i felt my body being lifted up from the ground. namjoon looked down at me, fear was apparent in his eyes and he tried his best to run to his car. my eyes closed slowly, feeling way too tired.