39

cypher part 2: UGHLZZANG one word. omelettes. yoongitunes can't keep track of a theme. KitKat_Omnom so where's that secrets update?

all love in this family // not edited

kwon rina
scars

silence between the two of us filled the courtyard. the wind still softly blowing while students casually walked past us, chattering and laughing. i could tell that jungkook was going to talk about something difficult, his mood was heavy while his mind seemed lost in a daze.

       "what were you going to say about shiro?" i asked, hugging my arms around my body.

he looked at me with an unreadable expression. he seemed as if he was trying to choose his words carefully. he looked at me, almost as if he wanted to me to confirm that i understood what he was getting at. i nodded my head, slowly urging him to move along with the story. curiosity was just digging inside of me.

       jungkook sighed, and for the first time ever. i noticed every single part of his face. every small bump, the scar, the lashes on his eyes. i pulled my jacket around me even tighter, feeling a little self conscious inside. i never stopped to realize his features and how much he really radiated. i shook my head, now was not the time to think of something like that.

       he coughed and looked at me, "what i tell you right now is something you can't talk about with anyone, even the people involved in this story."

       i placed my hand against my heart, "i promise i won't."

       "a few years back, taehyung, shiro, and i were all pretty close friends. especially since our parents were friends with each other, we saw each other a lot. even when we would hang out, i could see how taehyung and shiro were interested in each other. it was cute and taehyung worked up the nerve to ask shiro out."

       he paused, "seokjin hyung started to date yongsun at that time. taehyung started to get to know her since seokjin hyung was one of our close friends. without really realizing it fully, taehyung started to develop a crush on her. shiro noticed and she was mad, like really mad."

i nodded my head, "shiro did something really messed up. her emotions were so messed up. in an argument about yongsun, she hit taehyung. it just continued from then on, whenever something annoying or something managed to pissed her off, she would lash her anger out on taehyung. but taehyung just silently took it. to this day, i cannot understand why, but he broke up with her eventually, after a few of our close friends found out."

"and this helps me how?" i asked, understanding the story but still couldn't understand why he was telling me this.

jungkook looked at me, he slightly tilted his head to the side, "i just felt the need to tell you but this story doesn't justify anything he did."

"taehyung's messed up and you don't deserve to be stuck around someone like him," he paused, looking at me as if he was trying to get a reaction out of me, "i know it may be hard for you, but i think you should break up with him, for good, then get some counseling afterwards too."

i shook my head, it wasn't what i wanted. my fingers gripped onto my sleeves, causing small sweater paws. i felt his gaze as i looked up at him again, "i can't, what if i can help him hangs and stop abusing others, he just needs to forget shiro and needs to have a reality check on yongsun."

"i think for taehyung, it's better for him to be alone and figure things out and make himself better," jungkook muttered.

there was a brief awkward moment of silence. the sun shining down into the courtyard as the wind picked up slightly. the smell of the flowers nearby were faint, "jungkook, why do you keep helping me?" i asked.

jungkook remained silent. he had an expression that was indecipherable. his hair fell in front of his eyes, casting a dark shadow on his face. i watched with curiosity and anxiousness for his answer.

i sighed, tapping his shoulder to tell him to look up at me. jungkook had a slight frown on his face as he stared at me, "if it's anything more than friends, i don't think i can do it. so i want you to just stay like this, like friends through mutual friends."

he looked slightly disappointed but nodded to confirm that he understood what i said, "friends through mutual friends, okay, i respect your decision."

a soft smile appeared on my face again, i patted his back. muttering a quick thanks for the talk, but inside i knew i couldn't just break up with taehyung. i wanted to do something to at least make this relationship comeback to life. but a huge part of my mind was signaling me to stop, but i ignored it.

the corridors were empty while music and the squeaking of shoes echoed down. loud laughter came from one room that was dimly lit. i peaked through the window, trying to make sure that i wasn't going to be seen at the same time. i could make out four girls laughing as they showed each other photos.

i could make out that laughter anywhere. it was chanmi, dasom, minjoo, and yejin. i wanted to be with them but i knew they were still mad at me after what happened at the party and for the constant ditching of hang outs. a firm hand gripped onto my wrist, dragging me down the hallway. i looked up, meeting eyes with an obviously annoyed taehyung.

"what are you doing here?" he asked, i grimaced from his tight grip. it was probably going to leave a bruise.

he opened the door to a secluded room down a dimly lit hallway. i couldn't even recognize the classroom, something nagged me from the inside, "i asked you, what were you doing there? i told you to come meet me."

i lied, "sorry i was just wandering and i got lost."

he smiled for a brief second before that smile turned into a frown. he started to walk towards me as i backed up. my back hit the wall while taehyung stared down at me, "i know you met jungkook, and, you were thinking of talking to your old friends right? thanks for lying rina," he sarcastically muttered.

"your mouth lies too much."