24

kwon rina
somewhere unknown

i furrowed my eyebrows, a nice warmth feeling wrapped around me. i moved towards the left of me, trying to get closer to the warm source.

i sighed in content, my eyes opened slowly. taking in the light slowly, but a white thing blocked my view. i looked up, finding jungkook's chin resting on top of my head. his arms were loosely wrapped around me, so that's where the warmth was coming.

"wait, what the hell," i groaned, pushing jungkook with my legs. i watched as he fell off the bed, smacking the ground hard.

a loud groan came out from underneath, jungkook stood up. ruffling his hair as he yawned, "what the hell kwon rina, most girls would like to be in that place your at right now."

"i have a boyfriend jeon jungkook," i rolled my eyes.

"hardly," jungkook softly muttered under his breathe. i shook my head, trying not to talk back at him.

a sudden bell went off inside my mind as i pulled back the blankets. my eyes widened from the unfamiliar set of clothes. i looked up at jungkook, who still looked annoyed from what happened a few minutes ago.

he walked over to the curtain, pulling it back, "don't worry i only helped with the shirt, i didn't look, i have no interest in taking control over a drunk person."

       the opened curtain showed light streaks of the sun into the room. i groaned at my pounding head. i stood up slowly, walking towards one of the open rooms to the bathroom.

       "that's what you get for drinking too much, you can open the cabinet at the side and grab unused essentials," jungkook's voice called out, "i'm using the downstairs bathroom, just shout if you need something."

       after getting ready, i made my way down the stairs. i looked around the empty living room, noticing the cute baby photos around the room, "wow what happened to that coconut head, he used to be a fetus."

        my eye caught the attention of a picture frame that was placed down. my curiosity beat me as i looked around, making sure no one would see me. i grabbed the frame, lifting it up slowly. what is it?

       "help me out with the waffles kwon rina," jungkook called out, i sighed. it wasn't my place to even peek at the stuff in his house. i internally slapped myself as i walked into the large kitchen.

       jungkook's hair shined under the kitchen light. the marble in the kitchen made it look extravagant, you could tell that it was barely used.

       "aren't your parents home? are they fine with me here?" i asked him.

       he looked up from the instructions on the waffle maker, shrugging his shoulders, "they live back in busan."

       "oh," feeling a little speechless. it reminded me of taehyung. a small part of me felt worried, wondering what he was eating right now for breakfast, "pancakes?"

       "you just proved yourself that you seriously never listen, can you pour the flour," jungkook instructed as i rolled my eyes again.

       i grabbed the flour, pouring it into the large silver bowl, "shit kwon rina, let's try not to make a mess on the kitchen island."

       i giggled, not being able to control myself, "whoops, didn't mean too."

       jungkook shook his head, pouring the milk by himself, "i'll do it since we won't get anything done if you just mess around."

       i grabbed the baking soda and randomly poured it in. jungkook's eyes went wide as he poked my hand away, "that wasn't even the right measurement kwon rina."

       "you sound like my brother jinyoung when you say kwon rina, plus we don't need measurements," i nudged him at the side.

       "then that'll just end up with us eating abnormal waffles, are you usually like this?"

       i sat on the cleaner part of the counter as i watched jungkook mix the batter up, "no, i just don't feel like trying at the moment."

       minutes passed as jungkook and i placed our share of waffles down onto our plates. i sat down in one of the seats, muttering a quick thank you before digging in. i let out a satisfying hum from the warm waffles and syrup.

       "you have something on the side of your mouth," i looked up at jungkook. his hand was pointing to the left of his mouth as i tried to wipe away whatever it was on my mouth.

       i wiped at the side, "did i get it?"

       "no, come here."

       he came closer, grabbing my chin and forcing me to look straight at him. he wiped gently with the napkin near the side of my mouth. moving back after finishing wiping away at the mess on my mouth.

       "oh, you know what i just noticed?"

       jungkook continued to cut through his waffle. i cleared my throat lightly, "you still haven't talked about your ideal type."

       i panicked as jungkook coughed hard on the waffle. he took a quick gulp of his drink, looking wide eyed as he shook his head. he looked frantic as he looked around.

       "it's no big deal," he shook his head and hand out forward.

       i rolled my eyes, placing another bite in my mouth,"but i'm curious, you left me on a cliff hanger."

       before he could answer, the doorbell rang out in the current silent house. jungkook walked over to the screen, pressing it open as I watched two figures walk in. jeonghan and minjoo.

       "so what did you need again jungkook?" minjoo had a sense of harshness in her voice.

       jungkook pulled jeonghan to the side, leaving her alone. i froze as minjoo and i made eye contact. i was glad that the boys made it back on time before it could even become more awkward.

       "what are you doing here?" minjoo asked with a slight sneer, still mad at her friend.

       i crossed my arms across my chest, "i'm cause i want to be here."

        minjoo rolled her eyes and called out for her boyfriend. she looked straight at me again, "what you did was crappy, you left yejin by herself at the party yesterday."

       i gasped, just remembering what happened. i had totally forgotten about yejin after getting super drunk and getting dropped off at jungkook's house.

       "let's go," minjoo lowkey annoyed. jeonghan kissed her forehead lightly, trying to make her feel less stressed and mad at the same time.

       jungkook sat back down as the couple went outside, "still fighting?"

       "it's just over something really stupid, ignore them," i bluntly stated.

       jungkook opened his mouth, picking at the fresh strawberries on his plate, "my ideal type anyway is actually a little,"

        i quickly said sorry before silencing jungkook. i looked down at my phone as one word brightened up on the screen in front of me.

kim taehyung