34

min hyerin
my partner in crime

i sighed, looking up at the random dots on the white ceiling. the sound of beeping coming from the machine on the left side of my bed. another week passed by with me at the hospital with barely any new visitors except for yoongi.

my fingers tapped on the cellphone next to me. feeling a sense of guilt slowly gnawing me up for lying to my friends that i was out of town. i sighed, closing my eyes until the door quietly opened and closed again.

"how are you feeling?" my eyes snapped open from the sudden visit. hoseok placed his bucket hat to the side of the bed, placing a huge binder down, "your teacher said to give this homework to you."

my fingers gripped onto the side of the binder, almost acting as if it was a infectious disease. hoseok laughed, shaking his head at the disgust present on my face. my face heated up from his laughter ringing throughout the room.

he sat down, wiping the tears of joy from his eyes. i placed the binder on the counter next to me, "thanks for that."

awkward silence filled the room that was only filled with him and i. he cleared his voice, where's your list?"

"oh!"

i hastily turned to my right, opening up a small drawer. i frowned, feeling the needle placed in my arm, i shook off the feeling. grabbing the crumpled up paper, i handed it to him, which he quickly skimmed through.

       "well the others we need to either travel by plane or go somewhere far, let's do the carnival one," hoseok hummed in satisfaction, "i can't believe you never went to a carnival."

       i shrugged, "i never found the time to go, plus yoongi is always locked up in his supposed studio," i rolled my eyes, remembering the time i got smacked in the face with a pillow for bothering him.

       "we just have to make sure not to run into your brother, shall we?"

        "let's go," i paused, "my partner in crime."

if anybody saw us they would have most likely thought we were crazy. hiding behind walls, doing weird stunts, and hiding behind people. i shook my head remembering the odd behavior at the hospital from a few minutes ago. i hopped out of the car, sliding my beanie down.

i froze, no words coming out of my mouth. the sky was fairly light due to it still being that awkward transition time between the afternoon to night. people were scrambled around, holding huge bears, and eating snacks that screamed unhealthy.

the ferries wheel was slowly rotating in the sky. rows and rows of booths filled with different games were lined up on the park. lights were hanging all over the park as laughter was ringing all over the place. a small ding was heard, signaling that someone had hit the maximum power for the strength game.

i frowned as a couple walked past with mcdonald's. hoseok noticed my expression and looked offended, "how can you not like the king of fast food?"

"heart disease, did you ever watch the documentary super sized me?" i asked, he looked confused, shaking his head at the sudden question.

a sudden shiver ran through my body as i could feel goosebumps rise, "hold on," hoseok jogged back to the car, hastily grabbing a sweater.

he handed me the sweater, smiling sheepishly. i looked up, silently thanking him. he nodded, clearing his throat and headed to the entrance of the carnival. a small smile appeared on my face as i placed the sweater over my head. i hummed in happiness, loving the warmth that now protected me from the cold.

       "what should we do first?" hoseok asked, once i finally caught up to him. he looked down at me, his cheeks flushed with excitement.

i placed a finger on my chin, looking around us. a small pop the balloon game caught my eye, i tugged on hoseok's sleeve. he looked down at my finger as i pointed it to the booth. nodding slowly, he held his fingers gently on the sleeve, to avoid holding my wrist as he made our way through the crowd.

he dropped the sleeve of the grey sweater once we reached the booth. i watched as the couple in front of us were yelling in happiness. the girl's backpack was dangling a small violin keychain. i gasped after seeing a small glimpse at her face as she suddenly turned around.

i hastily turned around, hiding behind hoseok. closing my eyes, i could only hear the sound of the two chattering as they walked away, "hey come on," hoseok tapped my shoulder, making me open my eyes again.

"what was that about?"

"dasom was here with jinyoung, i'm pretty sure he's rina's older brother, i remember seeing his photo," i stepped up next to him in front of the table.

       the old man handed us five darts, smiling fondly, "are you two a couple as well? you guys match each other very well."

       i glanced at hoseok from the side. his face was flushed from embarrassment. my body felt even heater from the old mans sudden comment. i fanned myself, nervously laughing,

       "anyway, you got this," my voice shook slightly.

       hoseok rolled his hands around, acting as if he was getting ready for a huge game. i laughed at his extraness as he jumped up and down, making weird noises. i shook my head, nudging at him to start. it was strange thinking that just weeks ago i would have died from just being near him like this. but there was a small comforting aura around him that helped me relax.

       i watched with amusement, the dart made a loud noise as it popped the first balloon. a small yell slipped out of my mouth, i jumped up and down in excitement. latching myself onto him, he took his time popping the rest, giving me a high five. the old man looked impressed, handing the huge tweety bird to hoseok.

       "here this is yours," he handed the tweety bird into my arms, i struggled to wrap my arms around the huge stuff animal. hoseok laughed, clapping his hands from the hilarious scene in front of him.

       "shall we play another game my partner in crime?" hoseok asked, once he recollected himself from his laughing fit.

       i looked at my phone, seeing the floods of messages. i let out a deep breathe, turning my phone off from the potential calls and messages, "let's do it mr.jung."

       "then off to the next booth ms.min!"