Chapter 9

I stood there silent. I couldn't tell what hurt more, the feeling of betrayal or the fact Blake used his Alpha tone on me causing me physical pain from me trying to fight it.

"I'm sorry," Sabrina says. "We didn't want to tell you so we wouldn't hurt you." I slowly looked at both of them. They're hands clenched together in hope of comforting each other. What even happened? What happened to wait for our mates and everything we ever talked about?!

"Hayley please...." my stare hard. "Say something..."

I prayed before speaking. I took a moment hoping that I say the right thing, but my feeling got in the way. "And say what?..." I start. "Might as well use your 'Alpha Command' and tell me what to say." I fake laughed. "Or maybe I should just backstab you and just say 'oh it's great to see my two BEST friends banging each other and leaving me in the dark on my friend's lives when they're so nosy in mine'." I snap.

Sabrina's face expression changed darkly. "I don't know why you're so hurt it's not like it's your life." I felt as if my heart shattered into pieces. So this is how it's going to be.

"Fine. Do what you want." I say walking passed them both not caring if I broke their hand-holding session.

I roaring growl caused me to stopped my in mid-track as we all turned around slowly to the sound of the source. I looked at Blake and he looked as clueless as me. When wolves emerged from the pack line.

I knew then and there that the one who growled was the one who wanted me dead. His stare caused chills to run up my spine as they looked for blood. My blood.

I gulped.

"Hayley. Go. Get. Help..." Blake says silently and slowly. I nodded taking a step back. The wolf's growl got louder. Blake's eyes looked faded and I knew he must have contacted someone. "Go now." He snapped.

I quickly bolted toward the pack with Blake and Sabrina hot on my heels. Right as we entered the pack grounds alarms went off and people scattered everywhere. Women, Mothers, injured, and children were being put to safely.

As for other women we were trained for this, but the sense of uneasiness filled my stomach. I don't think we were prepared. Something didn't smell right. Something seemed off. How did they get over without getting caught?!

Being deep in thought during battle has to be one of my most foolish decisions. Before I knew it I was pinned to the floor by a huge wolf with the kill in his eyes. They were dark and dull like the roaring waves during a storm.

His piercing glare sent shivers up my spine. I was petrified. My body froze, I could feel my eyes scream and beg for me to blink for the satisfaction of it, but I couldn't.

I began shaking. He snout nears my neck. His teeth grazing across my skin, teasing me. I shuttered closing my eyes awaiting my death, but it never came for as the unbearable weight sitting on top of me was gone.

Opening one eye I saw nothing but war around me and the black wolf on the floor a few feet away from me. A grey wolf stood above me and I realized it was Blake's wolf smirking at me. I've never been so happy to see a friend... or if he still was.

'Go! Get to safety!' Blake yelled through the link. I nodded my head shifting not caring if his shirt ripped to shreds. But going home was not an option for my scent will lead my family to death for my blood was wanted.

A strong aroma hit my nose and I followed it. I recognized it for it was Sabrina's. I ran not caring for the burning sensation in my lung begging me to stop and breath. I couldn't care how I had to do something.

When I found the source of that fragrance Sabrina stood there in Blake's shirt staring at nothing.

She stood there hurt, frightened, and worried with regret. I stopped shifting not caring that I'm naked. "Sabrina..." I paused. "We need to get help... but I need your help, BLAKE needs your help," I say. "I don't care what happened a moment ago. We need to help our pack." She never turned to me.

Slowly her shoulders shook and she slowly turned around. Huge claw marks slicing down her neck and chest. He laughed blood pouring from her mouth. "Just go, Hayley. I hurt you and I'm probably not going to make it. You're the one who they really want to kill." The tears ran down her face and mine was trying to fight the tears.

I was about to speak when a war piercing howl echoed in the woods. "Oh god... they're here." Sabrina's voice barely in an audible whisper.