Chapter 14

After countless of hours of cruising around, I grew more and more helpless. I was so homesick. And to be frankly honest I would be considered homeless. I never thought my life would be this way. I actually missed my life. I didn't care that my brothers messed with me and our silly fights. I can care less about any of that.

All I'm hoping for is if my family is okay and will we be together again? My mind trailed back to their faces before I 'died' they were so worried. I broke their hearts. They probably think I'm dead. That was so selfish and yet not selfish.

It was about 8:40 or so. I was tired from the lack of sleep and I am nowhere close to where I need to go. I groaned taking off my helmet and viciously rubbing my eyes with my fingers. I leaned forward letting the engine die down. I let out a long sigh taking deep breaths.

Taking in my surrounding I realized these buildings are much larger than the ones on the other side of town. They were so high. When I took a look at the lively one down the street the logo stood out bigger than the fireworks on the fourth of July.

I nearly smirked at my progress. Only two days and I already found headquarters. I nearly jumped up and started dancing, but that'd be a waste of time. And time was not on my side.

I parked my bike between the two cars hiding my bike pretty well. I put my helmet on top and made sure to put my hair in a low ponytail making sure to leave out the long bang that covers the sides of my face. I slipped on a black hoodie and ran over to the side on the sidewalk leaving my backpack behind on my bike.

Right now was the time to be slick and smooth. I walked to the corner of the building so they're left and kept my place. I checked cameras to avoid any high security. I noticed a latter on the left building I was hiding behind and quickly climbed to the top. I crouched down trying to keep in the dark.

I tugged the hoodie over my head to blend. Now at this moment has to be one of the stupidest things I ever have done besides everything else that was also stupid. I decided to jump from this building to the one I need to get to.

Now, this one is a little smaller so jumping here to there would be more difficult than it sounds and looks. I backed up as far as I can and hopped around getting ready. I stretched and turned around a couple of times.

I started fast and when I jumped the feeling of nothing filled me again and I gripped onto the latter that my nose hit. Shooting pain struck my face and I pushed back stinging tears that wanted to spill out. I could feel the blood trickle down my face and I ignored it and began climbing.

When I reached the top I looked for some kind of air conditioning vent or door. A door would be stupid and feeling like a ninja would be cool. I finally found it behind the bench that sat up here.

My only problem was how I was going to open it. This building would be werewolf proof I'm assuming. I kicked my foot in the door on the metal box thing. And it stared denting. Wait a sec... I thought this would be werewolf proof.

Gripping my hands on the cover I yanked off the small cover. The opening sat in front of me and what a drop it would be.

The cold and quiet outside sent shivers up my spine and I grew cold. Not in a chilling way. I tightened the hoodie around my small frame and jumped the drop. I tried not to make a sound but the landing made me go through the metal bottom of the air vent.

I landed with an 'oomph' on my stomach a groaned into the pain. That hurt so bad. The stinging pain waved through the front of my body especially my bleeding nose. I sat up on the hard smooth surface trying to see through the dust I created and I waved my hand around.

I regret all decisions I've made to get here. The man who 'killed' me sat mere inches from me.

Shock etched across my face and my heartbeat quickened. "Awe I knew we meet again." He leaned back smirking.