Chapter 20

Since Marley saw my very small wardrobe she begged her brother to take me shopping. He doesn't like me out of the pack house since he's still figuring out "something". He won't tell me what is this "something". But these "something's" seem serious.

Why? I don't know. He made us a deal though. We take Mason and some other guy as body guards. Now only hard part is now confessing to Mason I kind of told Marley about everything. Well technically she already knew, but I still had to tell him. She can be helpful in means of covering for us and such.

I don't want to make it appear as if I'm using her, but not a day goes by where I grow more and more homesick. I'm missing my family every second we're apart causing my wolf to whimper at the thought that we might not ever get them back.

"Hello? Hayley?!" Marley hand waved close to my face. I shook my head from the thoughts and focused on her. "I was asking which skirt do you like best." She held a pale pink long skirt and a pencil black skirt. I pointed at the black one and she frowned. "Nope pink one for me." She huffed walking away giggling.

Then what was the point in my opinion? "I know you miss them." Mason appeared beside me. I almost jumped. Almost. I stayed quiet. "You're going to, but I need you to stay strong and not blow our plan." Too late. I wanted to say, but I bit my tongue so hard the taste of metal developed into my mouth.

"Well... Marley kind of knows...." I scratched the back of my head nervously. "I know what?" Mason and I jumped back. Where did she come from? "Oh wait I remember. Yeah I know. You little secret keepers." She laughed. Okayyy then.

"You... ?" He composed himself to not yell. "You told her?" His voice now a whisper. "Well she barged into my room and just saw everything. So I explained to her. I thought I had to go close to at least someone if I'm going to be apart of this pack."

Mason ran a hand through his hair. "Fine. Just keep it on the low. We can't have anyone know." We both nodded our heads in agreement.

The other body guard came along with a soda in hand. Where did he go? "Oh Hayley this is Peter." Mason introduced. "Hi." I squeak back. He just smiled and sipped his soda shyly. "He's very shy." Marley whispered to me. "No I'm not." He almost yells blushing madly. I laughing a little while he kind of pouted.

And that's how the trip was shopping and Eaton and shopping. Mason is a lot like me. We have a lot of the same interest. So it's really nice to have someone there you can relate to.

It's really nice to have a girlfriend. Marley isn't anything like Sabrina, but she made me realize how much I missed her and Blake.

"Stay strong." Mason's voice rang in my head. That's right I can't let myself feel sorry. That'd only slow me down. I have to stop with the tears and train and plan.

But I have to be careful.

Getting Xander's pack involved could end up like mine. Although my pack was small and Xander's is really big... like really big. I still can't risk more innocent lives to become in danger or even worse die.

A million more stores later we finally finished. Or what the boys said. On the way back to the car Peter insisted on caring ALL of the bags.

Marley made me use Xander's credit card like there was no tomorrow. I probably spent ruffly about two-thousand.

That consisted of pants, shirts, pjs, lingerie, hats, makeup, socks, shoes, shampoo and conditioner, hair brushes, hair ties, new toothbrush, and face washes. Trust me she ever used her brothers card. I feel so bad using it at all.

The ride back to the Xander's territory was long and quiet accept for Marley's come direction lyric singing. I lip synced it while the guys tried they're best to ignore the girly toons.

They parked the car and I got out to help with the bags, but immediately stopped by Peter smiling widely at me assuring me he got it.

I walked to the house right behind Marley leaving the boys to the bags. Xander's scent overwhelmed my nose and I looked around myself to find him. Sparks erupted across my skin as his arms enveloped me up bridle style. His nose breathing in my scent calming him down.

"You didn't call." He immediately says. I looked down a little shamelessly. "Sorry." I muttered slightly blushing. "You're lucky you're cute or if actually be mad." He pokes my nose. I giggled like a mad girl, but quickly composed myself.

The sound of things crashing and stuff falling made both our heads shoot toward the direction of Peter and Mason on the floor with all all the bags. "Never. Send. Us. Shopping. With. The. Girls. Again." Peter says between breaths. At least he's talking he barley said a word beside 'no I'm not.'

I started laughing as they began picking stuff up. "Just place them all in my room Hayley can help me sort them later." Marley says and I nod in agreement the boys sighed in relief and began they're journey up the stairs.

Xander set me down on my feet and held me steady. "So I was thinking tonight we can watch a movie and tomorrow I'd like to take you on a date."

My heart nearly ripped through my chest. I stared at him examining his face inch by inch. I've probably have gotten on like one or two dates, but a date with my mate.

"Hayley? You're making me nervous..." his voice now a little shaky. "Oh I mean yes I'd love that." I smiled widely.

Now I'd probably have a stupid grin on my face.