Chapter 22

I awoke feeling happy. Happy from to moments of last night. I could practically still feel the kiss on my lips leaving an imprint on me. It was just flooding right into my head. I smashed my face into the pillow and let out a very soft scream. Werewolves have good hearing I have to be careful and not scream loud.

I layed there for a couple more minutes before heading to the bathroom. I looked around and I guess Marley threw my stuff in here. That little.... anyways I picked out my new shampoo and conditioner.

I eagerly wanted to dress up today. I wanted to wow Xander. After my nice shower and washing myself squeaky clean. I choose to wear matching bra and underwear, Black, light blue skinny jeans, a black t-shirt that hugged my body, and my red converse. I dried and put my hair in a pony tail and applied light makeup.

I made my way out of my room practically skipping down the hallway, but ran into Marley. "Oops sorry." I says covering my snails with my hands. "It's okay. What's got you all giddy?" She asked. I twirled my hair in my fingers smiling like a maniac. "Your brother and I might have kissed last night."

Marley broke out into a high pitch scream while crushing me into a bone crushing hug. "Omg omg omg omg I knew you guys would. You guys are so cute together!" She exclaimed.

Mason can running up the stairs half wolfie. "What's going on?" He's on alert. "Whoops sorry it was a scream of happiness." Marley exclaimed. Mason slowly shifted back to himself and composed himself. "Ugh you scared me." He whined.

Marley and I just laughed as we made our way downstairs with Mason behind us. When I got down with them I saw Peter on the couch playing video games with a little boy. It made me miss my little nephew. No stay strong. "Hey Peter." I say walking to the kitchen. I tug on my leg hauled me to a stop.

I looked down at the little one who I saw on the couch. "Are you our new Luna?" He asked. I held my arms out for me to hold him and he gladly jumped up smiling. I placed him on my hip sticking it out a bit to hold him there. "Why yes I will so don't be scared to say hi to me every once in a while." I pinch his cheek.

"What's your name?" He asked. "Hayley." I smile. "And yours?"

"Junior. Peter Junior." He laughed. "Okay so it's either you're his son or you're his little brother." I pointed at Peter who is now standing and facing us leaning on the couch. "Little brother." He confirmed.

Junior began playing with my hair while Peter came to claim him back. I handed him over smiling before saying a quick goodbye. I strolled into the kitchen and saw Xander at the counter with a newspaper. How could I not smell him?

I leaned over so I was across from him. "Hey." I smile widely. He set the newspaper down finally facing me. "Hey. Sleep good?" He asked. His smile seemed forced though. "Yeah pretty good. How bout you?" I smiled once more. "Pretty okay." He nodded his head. "Okay?"

He started stretching his arms out. "Yeah well I had some paper work and that took a while ya know?"

"Oh no did I keep you up with the movie I'm so sorry." I quickly apologized. "No it's fine. That reminds me before our date I should go a finish more work." He got up without a goodbye in hand. When he was out the door I whispered a small bye.

Marley walked in confused and quickly walked up to me. She curved her head into my ear to whisper. "He looked mad. He walked out and glared at Mason and quickly put him on border patrol." I turned my head to face her. "Why would be do that?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders says she was as clueless as me.

Should I talk to him right now? "Look let's eat some food let him cook off and then you should talk to him." Did she read my mind?

<><><><><><><><><><>

I can never get over Marley's cooking. She let me make some food too, but I'm only a beginner. "Hey since you are doing to become Luna soon and stuff. Want me to teach you to cook?" I could kiss her. Not really I'm with her brother. "Omg you would?"

"Of course anything for my favorite sister and law."

"Yes I would love that." I say throwing an arm around her shoulder. "Oh hey before you scavenge for my brother I want you to meet someone." She said. I nodded my head following her out the pack house. I stopped at the entrance. "I don't know. I saw my first tour of the pack with... well Xander." I say looking back inside. "We can do it another time if you want." She offered.

Well he is on his man period. "No it's okay I want to meet her." I saw walking out to walk at her side.

As we walked throughout the pack I got looks from people. Good ones and bad ones. Bad ones from girls that is. "Don't mind them. They're jealous that you got my brother." She laughed.

We reached a cute little house. It was white with a beautiful garden. Vines snaked up the walls as we walked to the house. Marley knocked a few times pretty hard.

A girl opened the door her eyes glued to her phone. She looked worn out and tired. Restless is more the word here. Her hair was messy and her makeup looked smeared.

She finally was able to look away from her phone to us. "Oh hey Marley." She smiled she turned to me. "Hi I'm Rachel. You are?" She asked. "Oh I'm Hayley." She moves aside letting us in.

Her house was gorgeous. So clean and pearly. I could practically eat off the floor. "I'm sorry for seeming rude. My mate has not been answering his phone for quite some time. I'm worried and running so many scenarios in my head." Her eyes watering up.

Maybe I can help. "Tell me about him." I say. "Excuse me?"

"Talk about him. My mother once told me when your going through stuff with a mate it helps to talk about them. So tell me about him. Don't leave any juicy details." I wiggles my eye brow teasing her. She laughed and this made Marley smile.

She leaned to my side. "Thanks she hasn't smiled for a while let alone laugh. "Okay I lll take you up on that. Please have a seat." She gestured to the cushiony couch.