Chapter 30

Days went by quicker than I can blink and the orphanage was finally done. Lizzy agreed to working there. I'm glad to have made a friend here besides Marley and Mason. Mason doesn't know where Serge is, but sooner or later I would have to tell Xander everything.

Almost all of the women here wanted to train. They were very dedicated and have been going everyday. The girls I promoted to lead them have been working hard. Or as Penelope says "you're the best dang Luna a pack can have." I blushed at her comment. I'm not even an official Luna.

I stood at the gate of the new orphanage. A red ribbon tied at the gate. Mr and Mrs Reynolds stood next to me and the kids behind them. I guess they hired a camera crew to capture this moment. We stood huddled together. Kids all around me.

Lucy, the little girl who wanted me to carry her when I first came to the orphanage, sat on my hip as I held her close. All the other kids stood around us, smiles everywhere. Some of the pack stood behind the cameramen and we all huddled together.

We took a lot of pictures. Ones of me and the kids. Young. Old. And Lizzy and I doing funny faces and I even got a kiss from of of the young boys on the cheek. He ran after that. After yelling "I kissed my girlfriend!"

Mr and Mrs Reynolds held a barbecue for the pack at they're new home. They already started moving in and everyone was happy to come. Lizzy and I dressed up and we were just greeting people who walked into the gate.

During the last few days I was doing more complaints. Trees needed trim, couldn't open this jar of pickles once, or more major things. I loved helping other people, but I'd have to say this was my biggest accomplishment.

"Luna, Luna!" Lucy's voice rang out. I looked around till I saw a small girl running to me with some other orphans behind them. She had a big book in her hand. When they all reached me they handed it over.

I looked over the front and it said 'Luna Hayley'. Tears swirled in my eyes but I choked them back. I flipped into the book seeing the picture of today. They managed to put them all in 4 pages. The rest of the book was blank. "That's so you can put more pictures." One of the older ones say as they lifted one of the younger ones. I smiled giving them all a hug.

Today has really been a great day.

I was drained by the time the party ended. Lizzy ended up getting her own room there. I'd say the builders really outdone themselves. I walked into the building station and left a pile of money on the desk walking out. I will not take no for an answer. And no I didn't use pack money. I used the rest of my money I grabbed from home.

I walked alone to the pack house. Walking through the forest. It was a long quiet walk and I felt happy. I have never felt this happy in a long time. It made me miss my brothers even more.

I rammed into a wall falling flat on my bum. I looked up seeing a tall figure that I knew too well. I shot up straight backing up glaring at the person.

"How are you getting on the pack grounds?" I held the book closer to myself. He turned around ever so slowly. His face bloody as were his cloths and his eyes were an unusual color of purple. I gasped has he lunged for me.

"NO!" I screamed. Suddenly a source of energy from my chest shot out into Serge. Causing him to cripple into ashes. I screamed loud. I backed up taking long deep breaths.

What. Did I. Do?

Slow sarcastic laughs echoed behind me. I shot around seeing Serge?

"Well my dear. I can see what makes you so special." He laughed circling me.
"The moon goddess chose you. You're like her little savior." He laughed. I glanced down at the ashes and back to him.

"Oh that?... looks like witches can be friends with wolves." My mouth dropped open. Witches have been after wolves forever now. They need our blood and teeth and everything for special potions. Some wolves sell parts just to get things from them.

"You've done a wonderful job as Luna. I must say." He began getting closer to me, causing me to back up. "One I would want for myself."

And that's when I bolted. Faster than I ever have before. He was hot on my tail, but I didn't dare to look back. I kept running. I wanted to get away.

I no longer heard running behind me. I glanced to see if he was the and I saw nothing.

Coming to a complete stop I looked and there was nothing. Am I going crazy?

Sharp canines locked into my shoulder. A spot where my mate should have marked me. Instead of pleasure, a burning pain stuck into me. Because I'm declining his mark I'll be in pain until someone else marks me or until I accept it.

And no way in hell was I doing that. My body felt limp. His arms sneaking around me hold me in place. His teeth sunk deeper causing me to whimper. My wolf did not like this at all.

He pulled out causing more pain to ripple through my body. His tongue he licked off the blood and he let my body drop onto the floor.

"Leave that for a message." He said beginning to walk away. I sat on all fours wanting Xander back. No I needed him.

"Oh and by the way..." he dropped some sort of shoe box on the floor. "You can have your brothers back." He laughed disappearing.

Tears stung in my eyes from the pain I felt. My wolf and I were determined to fight this mark for as long as we can. We would not be mates to some psychopath. I picked up the book feeling limp and weak dragging myself to the shoebox.

Flipping off the top there was a map. Marks all over. Eight marks all over. I don't know who was where, but I will find them.

Black dots covered my vision. I took deep breaths to keep me awake, but the more I fought the harder it became to stay awake.

I welcomed the darkness.