Chapter 25

Once I stepped foot into the forest I slipped behind a tree and stripped my cloths off along with my heels. I then let my wolf form take over.

I loved how the dirt felt on my paws. The wind blowing in my fur. It calmed me, but not enough. I gripped my cloths into my mouth and bolted into a sprint. I jumped off trees, over logs, until I reached a river. Last time I took a drink Serge attacked me.

Carefully and cautiously I put t stuff down and took a drink. I became tense when I felt as if someone was watching me. I drank ever so slowly listening.

Snap. I leaped across the small river spinning around and right were I was standing another wolf stood. He was going to pounce me. I laughed.

Stupid Mason.

I jumped back grabbing my cloths changing behind a tree. "You scared me." I say laughing. "Sorry thought it would be funny." He scratched the back of his head laughing. "We should probably go now." He said. "Where?" Confusion growing in me.

"I got a lead and we should go now." He repeated. "Xander mind linked us to keep an eye out for you. That you ran off. Wouldn't be the first time." He laughed I playfully shove him.

"What about my cloths?" I asked. This won't involve running it's fine and if you want we can just be in wolf form and when you need to go human you can just wear that." It was quicker.

"Okay. Where too?"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

We were running for a good fifty minutes when Mason came to an abrupt stop. I hit his side and fell to the floor. He stood there like nothing happened until his wolf smirk got to me. I jumped on his back trying to bring him down, but it was no use. I stood next to his wolf and huffed.

When he shifted in front of me I looked the other way. 'Way to give a warning'

"Sorry but it's easier if we could actually communicate." I nodded my head still not facing him. "I put on short now." I turned back to him and sure enough he did. "Okay see that small abandon warehouse?" I nodded my head. It was right below us. From on top of this hill it jut looks like something people would go to for a good prank. But some this has something to do with my family, then it must be more.

"They recently shut down they're last one. The one you snuck into." My eyes grew a little bit. Why would they do that? "Hey did it because they feel you're a threat now. Serge's pal wants you dead, but he doesn't for some reason." That's strange.

"This is where they've been dumping the bodies, but my father told me there is a secret passage inside. It should lead us to the new building where they're hiding." E explained. I walked tarting to walk towards it. "But before we do we need to investigate the old building."

If we go to the old building my family won't be there. But this is for my family. I need to stop and be confident. I need input my big girl pants and suck it up. I nodded my head. He stripped down again, which I turned my head, and he shifted.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The run was a lot longer than I remember. It took another hour to get there. I was kind of exhausted and wanted to sleep, but I brushed the feeling aside. We shifted and changed and went the back-way. My heels clacked a little so I tried to be as quiet as I could.

Mason handed me a flashlight he found as he held his phone for a light. We walked through the empty halls ways. The doors seemed to be destroyed like if there was a fight.

We decided to investigate bottom to top. Starting with the cells. It was quiet accept for a soft crying. We slowly and carefully made our way down. I hunted my light to where I heard the source when I saw it.

My mother crying over Mason's father's body.

We quickly ran over to them. Mason to his father and me into my mother's arms. "Mom!" I cried. "Hayley?!" Her arms tightened around me. "You're okay!" I nodded pulling away slowly. Her yes stared at Mason in shock as confusion spread across both our faces.

I'll ask later. I put my finger against Mason's dad's neck. I didn't feel anything until I felt one pulse. "He's alive, but not for long. We need to get him somewhere warmer and he need medical attention."

They nodded. Mason athletes all his strength and picked his father up. We ran outside to the parking lot. "How are we going to get back?" Mason frantically thought.

I ran to the closest car I saw and broke the window. I was glad the alarm didn't go off. Mason slid his father in the back and my mother out his dad into her lap. As she stroked his hair. Weird....

I got into the passenger seat as Mason in the driver seat. His hands fiddled around below the wheel and I realized he was hot wiring the car. What? Sick.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

After the long debate on where to go we decided on his hotel place that he ran. It took an hour and a half to get here and his father is right on edge.

After getting his on the bed mason to to work. My mother kept an eye on him happy and sad. Why?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Today's been to long and stressful. I got my mother back, but not my brothers, my sister in laws. My heart pained to see them.

I was currently sitting in a rolling chair with my elbows on my knees. I was exhausted and could really use a shower. I wouldn't surprised if I had dirt on me. My mother was creasing his face as he slept in the bed. Mason was handling things downstairs. I got up.

"Mom. Please explain?" I crossed my arms. "Okay. But bring Mason." As if I'm que Mason walked in. "Good he's here now spill."

"Hayley meet your father, Maxwell."