Chapter 10

Nothing. Rien. Nada. Niente. 'A'ohe mea.

That's. Exactly. My only option. Why? Because I followed my 'best friend's' scent and it leads me to our cliff hangout and now... we're cornered. I'm cornered.

Lately, I've made some crappy decisions, but this... this is the crappiest thing I've ever done in my. Entire. Life.

Now? Now, this is where I'm going to die. My final moment will be here.

Right here. Right now. And now, this chapter of my life will end it all.

They're pounding steps to the floor thunderous as they ran. The howls getting louder than the thumping in my chest.

I turned around facing the direction they're coming from. I glance at Sabrina behind me. She stands there accepting it. No embracing it all. But I'm not.

Goosebumps crawled up my arms in the most unwelcoming way possible. I made my move toward Sabrina pulling her closer to the cliff-side analyzing if we would make the fall.

The cliff was as high as forty feet and knowing my size I defiantly would never make that fall. So that's it? I never found my mate... I'll never see my niece and nephew again? My sisters-in-law? My brothers?....

My... mom? The only woman in my life who really mattered. The one I always looked up too. She was there for my first crush, my first period, makeup, EVERYTHING.

I love you, mom. Never forget it. I spoke the link hoping she would get it. But I never got anything in return. Tears threatened to spill, but I won't let them fall while they're here.

As if a million years the moment went slow. Very slow. They stopped and stared. The thumping sound of my heart beating against my chest started to hurt.

As it felt like forever they arrived snarling and growling. I managed to keep my body from shaking, but my lip trembled in fear. When that large black bloody wolf shifted, he stood up glaring at me. He was naked, but I could care less.

But realizing my own fault I was also naked. Even tho he wanted me dead he started like a pervert with a hungry and lustful expression. I attempted to cover only failing to my embarrassment. More wolfs appeared to my right. But it was our pack's Alpha and warriors.

And... my brothers.

Never have I felt so relieved to see such familiar faces. My brother sifted taking his shirt out of his mouth throwing it at me. I quickly slipped on the thin black t-shirt over my nude body.

It went to my knees and the black fabric sent warmth to my body. My brothers came to my side as Blake went to Sabrina's. I would have frowned or anything, but now was no appropriate time to do so.

The man who wants me dead. The man who's staring at me. The one who wants my blood pours on the floor in front of him stepped up.

"Alpha Author..." he starts still glaring at me. "I will not harm ANYone if, and only if you surrender and surrender... her." The wolf says.

Alpha sighed loudly as my brother growled. This pack should not fight for one person.

"What's your name?" I squeaked. He peeked his head to me. A smirk spread across his face sending unwelcoming shivers up my bare legs and back. "Oh, how rude of me, I'm merely a simple alpha rouge who goes by the name of, Serge." He bowed. It'd be highly charming if he wasn't nude.

"Yours?" He interrogated. I stepped forward away from my brother. "I, Hayley, surrender myself to you, Serge, if and only if you do no harm to my pack," I say. Conner was about to jump in and stop me but was held back by some warriors. My other brothers the same.

I gulped and pushed back all my tears. I stood straight up and stared at his shocked expression. He turned to my alpha for his word.

"Why must you say this Hayley?" He says.

"Alpha Author, I do not wish to bring harm toward the pack for one measly life as myself. If I do this the pack will be safe." I say. "You shouldn't put the pack at risk." I say in a 'not-trying-to-tell-you-how-to-do-your-job-manor'

Alpha Author leaned his head thinking. "Father no!!" Blake's yelled. My brothers, Sabrina, Blake, and... my mother called out to me, but I did not turn to them.

Alpha put his hand up to shush us. A long lingering pause hung in the air. The anticipation was killing me slowly. "I've made my decision." He turned to me. "I'm sorry Hayley..." Serge's smile grew wider and his hand quickly found its way to my neck. I grunt and a whimper found its way out of my mouth and he dragged me more toward the cliff. Growls and barks sounded in the crowd. I made eye contact with my mom as tears and sobs came from her.

Everything was quiet. The only thing I heard was muffles. I let some tears fall down my face. He lifted me up and hung me over the cliff. The feeling of nothing scares me.

I looked at the man holding me in a death grip. He tightened his grip around my small neck. My feet dangled and my hand gripped around his hand in hoping I could breathe again. "Such a shame." His voice spoke over the muffled screaming of people.

"You were quite the pretty thing weren't you?" He whispered. His mouth neared my ear. "Until we meet again..."

Everything went black and everyone got smaller. The drop was long and my body was limp. Water entered my vision and my body became cold. This was it... I'm dead. My eyes grew heavier and heavier within the seconds that passed by my time.

The only things on my mind were my family and how I could have done differently.

I'll never, ever, forget you!