Chapter 31

I felt a warm body cover my cold one. He ran, shouting.

Who? I couldn't tell.

"Alpha I found her." Was all I heard. I opened my eyes slowly raising my head. Everything was spinning. My head pounded as the tips of my fingers ached, and cold.

I was being passed to someone else. Sparks shot through my body and I knew who it was. His contact with my own causing the mark to shoot pain, fighting the bond.

But I was also fighting the mark.

"Hayley! Hayley! What happened? You okay?" Xander voice frantic and ragged. I wrapped my arms around his neck holding him tight. "I'm sorry." I sobbed.

After this. He won't want me.

He rushed back to the pack house with me in his arms. In his hands he had the book and the box. When he reached his room he laid me down on his bed, examining my body.

I don't know how long I can fight it off.

I sat up, crying. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." My tears seeming endless as they stained the sheets below me. I grabbed a fist full of the sheets, the only therapy to release the urge to hit something.

But soon enough Xander was right at my side. "What for, love?" I stared back into his kind brown eyes. His hand wiping my tears away and I leaned into his hand.

That's when it hit me. "Xander..." I rasped out. He was right by my side gripping my cold hand in his large warm ones. "Yes baby?"

"Mark me." I say. He seemed taken back by what I said. He seemed as confused as a puppy I removed my hand and pulled down my shirt revealing the mark.

He chest vibrated from his growl. He gripped the sheets tight that his knuckles turned white. Next thing I know he's towered over me. "Who. Did. This. To. You?" He growled out.

I whimpered from the pain, needing him to mark me now. His head lowered down to my neck. He sniffed long, remembering the smell of the other wolf who tried to take me from him.

He growled lowly once again scratching his teeth against my skin. My body shivered, needing his teeth to just sink into me.

A sharp pain sparked through my body. I bit my lip to keep me from screaming.

But I accept him.

The pain slowly turned into pleasure and I let out a traitorous moan. I blushed madly. He suck his teeth sunk in deeper making sure his mark was deep. My claws stabbed into his back as they dragged down leaving deep red scratches.

He pulled out licking the blood off. I looked into his eyes silently thanking him for releasing my pain.

Once again I fell into a darkness.

A peaceful darkness.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Waking up next to your mate was the best. Or so I heard from mom. But from her words I can now say they're true. I cuddled myself into his body. I felt we could never get close enough. I felt we needed to be closer. His hands stroked my hair softly as my face dove deeper into his neck.

"I know you're awake." His voice husky. I kissed his throat. "No I'm not." I rasped out. He pulled away getting eye level to me. "How you feeling?" He asked kissing my nose. I giggled a little.

"Better, thank you."

"Now today I don't want you doing anything. I want you to rest but I need you to tell me everything." He spoke sternly. I nodded my head agreeing to his words while biting my lip nervously. He smiled pulling me back to his body.

Our moment was cut off from a knock to the door. Xander groaned as he got up. I curled up in the blankets sitting up in the process. Right when the door opened Marley and Lizzy ran in followed by Mason. I was being crushed into a hug.

"What. Happened?" I groaned pulling the pillow over my head.

"Hayley where do you get this?" Masons voice rang out. I peaked out sitting up once again looking at what he held.

It was the box. The box with a map in it. He lifted the box to his nose. When he got a good long smell he began growling. "He was the one to do this?" He snapped.

Xander growled at his tone, but Mason needed his answers. I nodded my head looking down at my hands that sat in my lap. "Tell us everything."

They sat around me.

I started at the beginning to my life in my last pack and how I got into some trouble. I began telling them about my adventure and how masons dad, well my dad, helped me and I ended up here. How Xander was my mate and how I didn't want to drag this amazing pack down. I told them about what happened when he attacked me in the hotel and all the way until now.

Xander was standing looking out the window. It seemed everyone was speechless besides Marley and Mason. They already knew. They were only speechless about last night and that power that coursed through me.

"So.... chooser warrior of the goddess?" Marley broke the silence.

"This doesn't make sense. Why does he want to take our packs?" Xander was thinking hard. I touched my mark while looking at the blankets blushing slightly.

Xander growled lowly for everyone to slip out. They got the picture and left. The bed dipped next to me and he engulfed my hand in his.

"You should have told me."

"I know." My voice barley a whispered.

"Why didn't you?"

"I didn't want to be a burden." I took my hand out of his hands covering my face.

He uncovered my face looking at me in the eyes. "You are never a burden on me."

I stared at him. He still wanted me after everything. "Now tell me how did my mate get the entire pack talking about how great she is."

I smiled up at him as he smiled at me.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

"Wow... you're amazing you know that?" I laughed slightly as I laid against him. My stomach growled and he looked at my blushing face. "I got to feed my mate huh." I nodded poking him on the nose.

I got up to take a shower in my room. I tried not to take too long but the steamy water called me to stay. I stepped out of the steamy shower and wrapped a fluffy white towel around me. I used the other one to wrap my hair. I stared into my reflection looking at the deep red mark that indented into my skin.

I smiled. It's rare for a female to get a mark this deep. It's always something to be proud of.

My smile faded. I've always dreamed that my brothers would be here. They would lecture my mate and give him the 'brother talk' on how to treat me. I would get to see my boys get a long. Meaning my brothers and mate.

But I guess the marking came first.

After drying myself I slipping on cloths after moisturizing myself. I settled for Black Sabbath t shirt and light blue jeans. I left my hair to air dry and made my way down stairs.

Xander was giving out orders to Mason who then ran off.

What was that about?

Well doesn't hurt to ask.