Chapter 19

I woke up once again, but with light streaming through my window. The events that occurred from yesterday flooded into my mind. All over whelming, I shivered as it wandered to last night.

Those books. Why did they make me so nervous? Why am I having so much trouble with this? Better yet that one question that wanders my mind. Why me?

I sat up ever so slowly and made my way over to the bathroom taking a nice long warm shower. After I got dressed into jeans, a black AC/DC t-shirt, and my converse. I flipped my messy hair into a high ponytail to keep it away from my face and made my way downstairs.

Food sounded like a big fat yes in my mind but the deep growling up stairs said otherwise. Hard footsteps grew louder towards me and turn around facing upstairs to a angry Xander. He stomped his way down towering me against the wall.

Both his hands glued beside my head. It took a lot of strength to not show fear. My heart beat rapidly against my chest. "Would you mind explaining why Mason's scent was lingering around your room." He voice deeper than a growl. I shivered as he sneered Mason's name like poison. He said it with so much hate and pain.

Wait can I say they're best friends. Beta and Alphas tend to be. I gulped trying to come up with the Beta answer ever. Before I got to answer his nose went straight to the curve of my neck as he took in my smell. I could feel his wolfs pain of betrayal. I didn't like that feeling. I opened my mouth to speak when Mason's voice called out.

Xander's head snapped to him as he glared sending a light growl his way. "Nothing happened she forgotten some stuff down here and I tripped over them. I was going to just leave them at her door but she walked out for some strange reason and I put them in for her." He explained. Good liar. I even bought it.

Xander's expression softened slightly as he turned to me. "What were you doing out your room?" I gulped. I could feel my cheeks heating up. I didn't want to say it.

"You see... what ha-happened was... my wolf she... um you... I..." I whimpered in embarrassment as his laughter filled the room. Something I couldn't get over. I mentally sighed, but was actually holding my breath.

"Quit teasing the girl and get her some food I'm almost done making breakfast." Marley snapped playfully.

I giggled slightly. I liked that girl. At times like these makes me miss Sabrina. She's been one of my only friends and we lost each other on good terms. Of how I missed her. How I missed Blake. How I missed my brothers. All seven of them. And my mother. My role model. My home.

But I won't feel sorry. I will find them. And I will get them back safely. I can't slack the faster I get this done the more I can't hold off my love that grows ferociously for Xander.

<><><><><><>

Breakfast was great as usual. I told them I was going to head upstairs to sort my cloths so I excused myself. Marley said she'd come back up to help. I agreed.

Not like I had much tho.

I ran upstairs and threw everything in the dressers and hung my brother's sweaters in the closets. Pulling he books out I scanned through the second book they mentioned. Who to look out for...

I know the leader Serge. Met those two guys that were looking at my bike. Are they in here. I don't have time for a thorough search, but a scan.

I scanned through each page filled with pictures and information. Everything was well described it kind of scared me. Serge was directly in the middle.

Name: Serge Christian Fisher
Birthdate: Feb 22, 1988 (so he's 29)
Family: unknown
Wolf info: unknown
Status: Stay Away At All Costs. Do Not Piss Off (oops) blah blah blah.

Okay so I messed up. I moved to the next book. They're plans.

Oh my god.

<><><><><>

"Hayley where did you get those books?" Marley's voice called out nervous. I yelped startled. She looked terrified as if she's seen a ghost. I ran other and pulled her into the room slamming the door shut, locking it.

"You didn't see anything." I say cold sweat forming on my neck. "Hayley where did you get those?" Those were supposed to be hidden. "What are you talking about?" I question shoving the books back into my backpack. "You should get involved with those people." She spoke sternly.

I sighed wishing I wasn't. "I don't have a choice." I whispered. "What?..."

"Marley I don't have a choice you can't tell anyone. And how do you know this?" I question. She gulped having a big metal debate on telling me. Her eyes glosses over as her face heated up.

"I'll tell my story if you tell yours." Her expression hard. Her bubbly self I met was completely gone and replaced with a hard core woman.

It might be good to have more people covering for me. "Deal." I say. I stuck out my hand. "And don't tell anyone." My voice sour as I spoke. She took it shaking one never breaking eye contact.

She let out a long sigh beginning her story. "After my parents died and my brother was stressed taking over the pack I might or might have not.... had a fling... with Mason." She bit her lip so hard I was afraid it would pour blood.

She was nervous. You can smell it. Not really, but I think you get the point. "So after the second night we were both regretting it and we started to decide we just be good friends, but the second night I found them and.... I read through them. I know that's an invasion of privacy, but they're so suspicious I couldn't help myself."

"He caught me and I forced him to explain. I decided to help, but the deal was Xander couldn't know."

Her eyes had a hint of betrayal and I couldn't blame her because we were on the same boat. "I feel." I start. "U feel as if I'm betraying Xander, but not tell him."

"You do?"

"Yep. I have seven older brothers, And my mom, Two best friends... if they still are. Anyways to make a long story short I pissed off the alpha to that pack and he attacked. He wanted me dead. I thought he wanted my blood under his feel, but instead he threw me off a cliff into the ocean. Boy did I think I thought I was a goner." I put my head into my hands. "I woke up... ran back home thankful I'm alive... my pack was destroyed. Bodies everywhere. They took my family, my friends! I'm alone."

"So I ran and ran until I found answers. I saw them once after I got beat by Serge, but it didn't matter. A man helped me. He said to leave and find Mason. That he would help. Ended up finding him and my mate. Don't get my wrong he's wonderful. So wonderful I wouldn't want to bring him or his back down." By now tears are threatening to spill and the harder I try to fight them off the more falls.

Marley was fraying silent waterfalls. "You're so dedicated. I have to commend you for that for being so strong. If I were you I'd be lost and probably dead by now." She joked. We both cracked a few laughs, but they quickly died down.

"It's your pack to now. You'll be a strong Luna. One we've been needing for a long time." She got up heading to the dressers. "And a sister I've always wanted."

She opened to where my cloths were. "Oh dear heavens no. We need to buy you more cloths."