Chapter 33

I led the way up the stairs, slowly, giving him time to mentally prepare himself. But would that be enough? He looked like nervous wreck. I stopped and he bumped right into me. I almost fell from impact. When our eyes locked, concern was all I was hit with. "If you don't want to do this today we can do it some other time." He shook his head frantically. "No it's fine let's go." This time he led the way.

Now here we are. Standing here like we're having a staring contest with the door. The door was wining. Why am I nervous? Maybe because I never talked about Xander to her? I mean I dropped the bomb and walked away.

My stubbornness and moody attitude is going to be the death of me.

I knocked.

And they're they were. My parents. It feels weird saying that. Considering I've never had a dad till now, but its time I started acting like the luna the moon goddess wanted me to be. If not for myself, for the pack and my mate. Who would have thought my mate would be an alpha. So rare, unexpected, but totally not the point. I need to help Xander out. He's a nervous wreck.

I could feel my neck simmered with a sheet of sweat as I spoke, "Mom... er... Dad... This is my mate Alpha Xander..." My mom's mouth practically hit the floor. "I.. we decided its time you met him and him you, since he already... you know marked me." Her smile immediately faded.

Here it comes.

Xander wasn't next to me anymore. No, he wasn't! Instead my mom was bone crushing him on the floor. Speaking in Spanish to him. "Mi amor, ¡es tan guapo! Tuviste suerte. Oh! Pero tus hermanos van a enloquecer. ¡Bienvenido a la familia!" (My sweetheart, he's so handsome! You got lucky. Oh! But your brothers are going to freak. Welcome to the family!). She still didn't let go. She almost died when he spoke spanish. I would be lying if I said I did't either. "Gracias, Sra. López ... um ¿puedes dejarlo ir, por favor?" (Thank you, Mrs. Lopez... um can you let go, please?) A nervous smile plastered on his face. Why is he so hot?!

I know she's my mother, but I was a little jealous that she was still hugging him. My father didn't seem to happy either. So he walked over plain face picking her up so she could stand next to him, and possessively hold her waist. I wrapped my arms around my mate's waist like a candy. My candy!

Damn when did i get so possessive. "Part of the mate bond slash mark hun." Xander whispered in my ear. How did he kn.... oh wait. I can practically hear the smirk forming on his face and I didn't even have to look. Cocky bastard. 'Watch what you say, mi amor.' his voice sounded even great in my head. Meaning i have to keep my thought in check.

My father spoke up. "Alpha Xander, I wanted to formally apologize for trespassing on you land without permission," Xander opened his mouth to reply, but dad kept going, "Before you say it's alright we both know how highly disrespectful and inappropriate this is. In return i shall give you information on the threat that is to come."

I could help, but to feel nervous and my parents don't even know the half of it. Especially since I don't fully trust my dad yet. As wrong as it is for me to say, but who abandons all nine kids and works for a psychopath? He doesn't seem bad and seems very noble. Plus Mason trusts him and I trust Mason with my life, but we can't fully put everything into this guy. Which is why I'm going to test him. And no one is going to stop me.

Awkward.

That's what it was. Plain awkward. Well for me. My mother and "Love of my Life" seemed to be hitting it off more than Xander and I been. My father sat there, quiet, just listening. Staring into the coffee cup, the way he would glance at me ever so often, with regret. I couldn't help, but to show sympathy. So i decided it also wouldn't hurt to get to know him. He is my father after all.