Chapter 23

"Where do I start?"

"Start from the beginning." I smile.

"Well we met at a coffee shop. Say it's cheesy but I walked out of the coffee shop and his smell just intoxicated me. I was so distracted trying to look around and find him when I ran right into him. We were both drenched in my coffee. I felt so bad and kept apologizing, but he insisted it was okay. And from there he texts me and takes me on dates. And he's always there for me." She smiled.

"What's his name?" I asked so intrigued in her love life.

"Logan. Logan Lopez." She says dreamily. The color from my face nearly drained. I kept a smile on my face as she began to clean herself up. "Oh I have a picture of us together at the beach." She exclaimed smiling even wider. And sure enough when she gave her phone to me to look at.

It was a brother.

Logan you sly dog. I stared at the picture trying to remember every detail. They were at the one one near our pack. The once I washed up on. Secluded.

"He took my virginity there." She sighs so dreamily. I wanted to bathe in bleach. I was on that beach. Why Logan why? That's disgusting!

I smiled at her handing her phone back. I kept my smile and cold sweat ran down the back of my neck. "You know this did help. I'm going to take a shower dress up for today and I'll come hang out with you guys later." She pumped herself up.

"Yeah come on. we'll be waiting at the pack house okay?" Rachel nodded running upstairs. We made our way back to the pack house and I was walking rather fast. "Hey you okay?" Marley placed her hand on my shoulder.

"That was a brother."

" I can assure you Rachel is not your brother."

I gave her a look to rethink what I said. Her mouth shaped an 'o'once realization stuck her. "Are you sure?" She asked. "The name and picture summed it up for me." I say as we reached the pack house door.

"Look we already talked about this. We are going to get your family back. Okay?
Look I got a text from Mason a tiny bit ago. He has a lead and wants you and him to investigate tonight. You have the date so relax and you can go after." She planned. I nodded my head. "Now come on we got to get you ready and girls take forever to get ready.

<><><><><><><><><><>

And sure enough it did take us long to get me ready. Well just for hair and makeup so far.

Marley are currently making me try on dresses. It's either. "No that'd dress doesn't scream dayyyyuuuummn girl.' Or 'nope not a kind of date dress'

I decided to choose one myself. Those were what she wanted me to try.

I went for my go to color. Black. It was skin tight lace dress. It was long lace sleeves, and it went to mid thigh. It covered to my neck but it was see through down to the top of my breast.

I walked out from the closet and Marley's face dropped to the floor. "Is it that bad?" I asked.

"What no! Look out Xander you're going to need something to hold his boner down." I threw the nearest thing at her. Which happened to be a lamp. She caught it. "Nice try, but damn you look hot." She exclaimed.

A knock came to my door. That's weird it's only 5:00. He shouldn't be here yet. He should be here at 5:30. I bolted into my closet grabbing the first pair of heels to match. When I came back Rachel and Marley were sitting on my bed.

So it wasn't Xander. A pang of sadness spread across my chest in disappointment. It's okay I still have a half an hour.

"Wow Hayley you look gorgeous." Rachel said bringing from my thoughts. "Wow thanks." I could feel the blush sprout across my face. Marley got up and grabbed me by the arm pulling out of ear range from Rachel. "I think you should tell her." She whispered.

"WHAT?!" I almost screamed. "Shhh.." She shushed me. "It's her mate. She has a right to know. The more she feels neglected the closer her wolf can go into depression. You're saving a life here. I care about Rachel and you should too. She is going to be your sister-in-law after all." I thought for a moment. "But what if she tells Xander. Or i don't know." I stood there contemplating.

"If you dont I will. At least it'll be coming from her mates sister." She says.

I sighed walking toward Rachel. "Rachel can I speak with you." I ask. I looked at Marley signaling to go outside. "You know what I left something downstairs I'll be right back." Her feet fast and quick out of my room.

"Is everything okay?" She asked still staring where Marley once was. "No. But you should know what it is." I sigh tears threatening to spill. "Do you still feel my b-.. I mean your mate?" I ask.

"Yes he's fine I think we haven't gone through the entire mating process so everything is still a little fuzzy making my wolf go crazy." She sighs sadly. "Logan is okay last time I saw." I slowly say.

"What? You know him? How? When? Where?" I held my hand up saying,

"Logan is my brother. Which is why I got a little weird earlier. My pack was attacked and the ones who survived were either killed or they took them. They're prisoners and I'm trying to save them. Xander doesn't know. I don't want to drag my future pack down into this mess I'm in."

I take a long shaky-breath before continuing. "I'm his little sister, Hayley Lopez, I have seven older brothers. A wonderful role model also known as my mom. Im going to get Logan back for you and I want to get closer to you as family." Tears spilled from her eyes. I got up and walked over to my backpack pulling out Logan's sweater. When I got back to her her head was buried into her hands.

When Logan's smell caught on She I surely took it from my hands smelling it. She eventually fell asleep with 'Logan' in her arms.

Oh Logan you will have to make it up to her. Big time.