Chapter 34

Hey guys! Its been a while and been getting a lot of notifications. So honestly I'm super surprised. Thank you all and I've been reading your comments and like wow haha...

So anyways hope you enjoy! Been writing my chapters longer than usual.

"Good, Better, Best. Never let it rest. 'TIll your good is better and your better is best."

~ St. Jerome

>_< 0_0 =.= =^.^= #*# .-. ._. ;P :D

A week has gone by and everything seemed black and white. Dull, empty, and quiet. Everyone grieved differently. It physically hurt to hear my brother's kids cry, but i was the one who took care of them now. Sarah was acting weird. She not only cried in pain, but she didn't seem shattered.

I laid Tommy and Lisa down in my king bed, their faces red and dry. When I knew for sure that they were fast asleep, I knew coffee was my go too. I needed it, I can't go back to sleep and have another nightmare. It was the same, the cliff, Serge, everyone was dead around me, and it was my fault. It all felt real. And at the end I could hear a voice, she would call to me, but I would always wake up. Almost every time I would fall asleep and there the dream would be to haunt me.

How strange how even a death could kill you. Yet I'm awake...

The burning liquid lurked down my throat. The blistering moisture appeasing my dehydration. It seems Xander hasn't been around much often. My heart wanting him to hold us, to tell me everything is okay when its not. Its despicable, yes it was, but stupid, no.

"What are you doing up?" Jermey's voice discoursed behind me. "Trying not to sleep." I plainly said. "Cool." He said in a suspicious nonchalantly voice. I narrowed my eyes at him, spotting sweat bullets trickle down his forehead. "What are you hiding mutt." I hissed. "N-nothing." His Adams apple bobbled. I set my coffee on the table and in speed and strength I never knew I had he was lifted from the ground, neck in my hand.

The fear developed across his face. His mouth trying to catch the air around him. I felt myself loosen so slightly for him to barley speak. "H-Hayals... your e-eyes." I growled looking to my reflection in the window. But I did't see myself. I could only see glowing green eyes with red spots staring at me. I didn't recognize the girl holding her brother, hurting him. I lost one brother, would I be the cause of losing another?

I quickly let go of his neck staring at my hands. "I'm sorry." I cried running out. I've learned my lesson running to the woods. So I changed and got onto my bike and left. I needed a quick get away. A place to clear my head and have one hell of a good cry.

So I drove and didn't stop.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Xander's POV

"This looks great. Thank you." I nodded my head at the builders. They just nodded their head back at me and left home to their families. With Marley staying at the orphanage, until I give her the 'okay' signal things are not depressing back at the pack house, I have been dealing with the Lopez family. I've been gone most of the day because Hayley's brothers don't seem to approve of our relationship. The only reason being I marked her without their permission. The only blessings I have is Denise, Hayley's mother, and partially Mason. He's been getting closer with his blood brothers. I've been feeling quite alone so I hope my gift to the Lopez family, pushes them to be more fond of me.

Don't worry mi amor, I will earn you.

My gift was to have the workers build them a large house. To fit them all together. The rooms and bathrooms plain so they can do what they please to feel more at home. I hope this works and SOMEHOW doesn't backfire.