Chapter 11

Waves crashing together entered my hearing. The soft crunchy sand warmed my cold body. My eyes heavier than lead.

With sloth like energy, I slowly opened each eye and squinted them together from the harsh light of the sun.

Am I dead? I looked around and saw seaweed and sand below me. A little ahead was the forest. Across the water was the cliff, my pack's cliff.

I'm not dead!!

I sprung to my feet immediately regretting it. I crippled to the ground with a grunt as pain shot through my left leg and right wrist. I took deep breaths pushing myself up despite the shooting pains in my body.

I took off my damp shirt. I shifted into my silver wolf and gripped the shirt in my mouth. The pack had seemed about a couple miles away, but I won't stop till I see my family safe.

It'd take about twenty minutes, but in my condition, it'd probably take me fifty. I ran and limped as fast as I can caper toward my pack grounds. Shooting pains in my body didn't help, but my family, I need them. Not because I'm in pain, but because I love them. Because they're my blood. Because they're all I have.

Reaching the familiar part of the forest I slowed my pace and glanced around. No patrol? Odd.

I ran up the sloping hill and when I reached the top my eyes blurred.

Smoke lingered in the air. The buildings were broken, some burnt. Burnt flesh entered my nose as I held a gag that wanted to escape. It was quiet. The only thing standing was a flag.

It was a black flag with a white circle, four claw marks going through the center. The words Bloody Claw in big red bold letters. I shifted carefully. I slipped on the still damp shirt over my head limping to my house.

My house was not even that much destroyed. The windows were broken. Black burnt wood was in some parts. I walked in careful. "Hello?" No answer. "H-hello?!" I called louder. Still no answer. Quiet as the dead. I gulped. They're not dead... right?

I climbed up the stairs to my room and looked around. It seemed untouched. I quickly cleaned myself up as best as I could and got dressed. I put my high waisted black skinny jeans with a white t-shirt that hugged my body.

The black hoodie I slipped over myself helped with the cold. I went to my bathroom grabbing as many wraps I needed and shoved them into a bag of clothes and essentials. Shirts, undergarments, pants, PJs, first aid, toothbrush, socks. And that's it. I then put some shampoo and a bar of soap in my bag and tied it together. I put two wraps on my wrist and ankle and slipped my combat boots on.

With the wraps, it became easier to walk. The backpack hung loosely on my shoulder and I walked into the trashed kitchen. 'Not much' my wolf whimpers. I just nodded not answering. Memories of my brothers and I sitting here baking, drawing, all of my best memories happened in this house. And most of it was destroyed.

I went back upstairs to my mom office with my bags in hand. I went to the frame with our family together that hung on the wall.

I studied it as if I didn't want to forget their faces. I needed to know if they are okay. I through down the picture carefully and behind was a safe. I put in the five number code and inside was some money. Savings.

Lots of it. I've never realized how much there was. I don't need much tho. I grabbed two thousand. And locked it. I picked up the heavy backpack and slipped it back over.

When I turned around I noticed the black envelope sitting on the desk. My name sat on top in bold gold letters.

I snatched it and ran outside. My car was trashed and most of the cars here were as well. I walked around trying to find the best suitable vehicle to travel in. I noticed Sabrina's motorcycle.

Would it be okay? The keys were still inside and threw my leg over. I secured my backpack around my shoulder and zipped up my sweater so I could buckle the backpack on myself. My money secured in my bag I made sure I was set to go.

The letter hung in my mind and I opened it.

Soon

All it said. One word. Four letters. Soon! What is soon? When?

I pushed all thoughts aside and started the bike. Slipping on the helmet I locked my feet to the floor with tippy toes and kicked up the leg stand. 'Let's go get some answers' my wolf growls. I growl as well. Nobody... AND and mean nobody messes with, My Pack, My Friends, and My Family, and gets away with it.

I've only driven Sabrina's bike a little more than a few times before and she's taught me so let's see how her lessons help me now. I twisted the handle my hand barely wraps around and sped off towards the main road. The wind brushed against my body and I was glad for myself wearing a sweater.

I passed cars and other motorcyclists but paid no attention. I only have one mission and that's to get my pack back. Most were dead. There wouldn't be much, but they're still innocent and they don't deserve this.

I'm alone.

And that's strange because I'm NEVER alone. My family or pack is always around me.

It's time to suck it up and do this even if I am alone. Time to get my life back.

<><><><><><><><><>

I'm sooooo sorry for the late update just been sick and I have tons of school work to do. So I hope this chapter is good enough.