04

★ Marissa ★

Unbelievable! Just my luck, the committee members turned up way past late. I could have been alone at home far away from these people but no, an annoying teacher had to ask me to help with this god damn party. Just when exactly have I ever shown any remote interest in socialising? Never, that's when.

To make matters worse, not only did I have to come to every meeting – which my parents were so overjoyed to hear about their unsociable daughter taking part in – but I had to meet up with Ashley at her house and sometimes at mine. Yes, I found out that cheerleader's name. First, she acted weird and made me uncomfortable and now I had to meet up with her for the planning of the stupid party that I wasn't even going to.

It would have at least been slightly better if it was just meeting at her place, but she was busy with other things so she would need to come over to mine instead. Besides, my parents had things from their past stored away in the attic that we could use hence meeting at mine. Leave it to the parents to ruin our lives. It was hard to believe I was even loved at all. When was the last time I've heard 'I love you' from anyone? Well, it would be too strange to hear that from a stepmother but still. And they wonder why I kept to myself.

The only living being I have ever loved is my little kitten, Rêve. I got her from an old lady, my parents used to work with but she soon retired. Rêve was so cute, tiny with black fur, always purring and following me around everywhere in the house. Surprisingly she was never lazy, but I think kittens are never lazy. But, I wouldn't know since I didn't talk to people. I really liked Rêve's company, though. It was always better than people.

I had 5 more minutes before Ashley would get here. I didn't like inviting anyone over, too much of a hassle and I liked my personal space. Yet, now that personal space was gone. Oh, but maybe Rêve could bite her? She could attack Ashley and scare her away. It may sound silly but even though my tiny Rêve was the cutest being ever, she was also a feline. It's in her blood, she could do it.

I started to look forward to this now. Honestly, where was Ashley? She was taking too long. My Rêve didn't have all day.

"Ding~!"

That was the bell and I pretty much ran with Rêve in my hands and placed her down on the floor when I reached the door. I had to catch my breath.

Rêve was purring at my feet and I couldn't help but smile. Yes, I can smile, I told you Rêve is the only one I show any love to, damn anyone else. Taking a deep breath I opened the door with my icy look back on.

Ashley was smiling widely and stepped forward. I stepped to the side to let her in and then she does the most alarming thing I never expected.

She hugged me!

What the hell? I kept up my walls on people to stay away, yet she just hugs me? Was there something wrong with this girl?

She stepped back and giggled when she saw the shocked and confused expression on my face.

"So let's get started then. I bought a memory stick with most of the plans on it so it'll be easier to bring, 21st century, great huh? Oh-my-god! Who's this little cutey?"

She picked up Rêve and started rubbing behind her ear and then kissing it. Now was the time. Go Rêve! Attack her!

Expecting Rêve to bite her but instead hearing her purr and going back to cute baby mode, I was pretty much shocked. Betrayed by my own kitten... What happened to our plan? Oh, wait I never actually told Rêve the plan. Change of plans.

"Okay that's enough, you're suffocating Rêve."

I took Rêve from her hands and frowned at her. I didn't want Rêve to become attached to Ashley, that would ruin all my plans. Ashley grinned and tilted her head slightly.

"You named her Rêve? Awe."

I sighed deeply and started walking towards the attic with Ashley following behind.

The attic was always kept clean. It even had a king-sized bed inside. It looked nice and I would have thought about moving in there, but I wanted to make it into my personal safe place. When we got into the attic I directed Ashley to the computer and desk on the far side of the room.

"Wow, the attic looks great. I'm surprised you haven't made it your room yet. There's even a bed here."

"Hmm, yeah... I want to make it into my private area instead of a bedroom."Ashley looked like she was in thought then started to grin while looking my way.

"Yeah, I guess that's better. A king-sized bed in a room isolated away from everything else with a great view. No one would even be able to hear. Yup, I'd go for that too. Very useful for screamers..." She whispered the last part.

Okay, that was weird and confusing, but why was she looking at me with a weird look in her eyes? It was putting me off my game.

I sat down in the computer chair and gave Ashley a stern look.

"Can we just start now?"

Her grin spread even wider and she leant towards me.

"Whatever you want, princess."

*

Don't forget to Vote and Comment. Thank you :)

 Thank you :)