08

★ Ashley ★

I can't believe this the girls planned this and left me out. How much does that suck? I thought I was their leader here? What happened to trust now? Jeez, last time I ever rely on them. I was still pouting in the car as the girls were gossiping away.

"Ash Hun, you gotta stop with that face. The only reason we didn't tell you is that it was a surprise. It would've ruined the whole thing if we told you. That's why it's called a surprise you know."

Alice was grinning in front of the steering wheel. She was the one driving us all. I get I'm not really mad but I'm not telling them that.

"Whatever."

I rolled my eyes at her and looked outside the window. We were coming round to the entrance gate.

"Hey does Marissa know we're coming? I don't want to inconvenience her."

"Seriously? You never worried about that before. Doesn't matter, we're having a sleepover and the girl needs at least one sleepover in her life. Think about it. She's never had a boyfriend so you know the comment Tim made about her still keeping her V card, well she's always pushing people away so we're going to help you out a bit by giving her, her first sleepover."

You know what, she's right. I didn't think of that. I'm going to be part of her first sleepover ever.

"Now that's what I'm talking about. Smile."

I rolled my eyes but grinned broadly when the car stopped. We were here.

"Okay let's go, girls, time for the fun to start."

We all got out and I was at the front. Alice rang the bell and we waited as Marissa's Dad answered the door.

"Oh hi there, Mr Kyles. Shouldn't you be at work today?"

"Ashley, it's good to see you. Yeah, I should be. Those damned workers forced me to take a day off. I could be doing some valuable work but nope they want me on my back at home."

He chuckled at himself and I let out a small giggle. Mr Kyles was always nice.

"So what are you girls doing here? Oh and come in, come in."

I stepped inside as the girls came inside too.

"Oh well, I was kind of sad that Marissa couldn't come to my party since she has to help with decorating a common room or something like that. So the girls and I decided to have our own part here. A sleepover, that's okay right?"

Mr Kyles was frowning deeply. Oh no, I don't want him telling us we can't. Please don't let him say that.

"Oh, I wasn't aware... of the party."