25

★ Marissa ★

The door was shut closed and locked.

I could still hear them outside the door. Their voices disappearing in a distance. All I could do was groan in pain.

I sighed heavily panting for a while trying to get rid of the pain.

"Life sucks."

No electricity, it's been more than 24 hours now so I guess tomorrow I'll still have the remaining food. It's just after that, I'm worried about. But now added to that I got punched in the stomach.

I hate to say it but I miss Ashley. I miss the way she annoyed me. I miss the way she bugged me all the time. I miss how I had trouble pushing her out the door every time she came over. I miss not being alone.

Everything Ashley's done actually made me happy even if I didn't admit it. The girl had her ways and to be honest I liked that she went after me when no one else did. I didn't really know what a real friend was before her and now I don't even have her. I guess I never had her.

"Ugh, I can't believe I miss Ashley." I groaned.

"Awe you missed me. I knew it!" Ashley half yelled half-whispered.

I stumbled up completely shocked by her presence. Well okay, I was more shocked by her voice. Where on earth was she? I could hear her but I couldn't see her. That's kind of freaky, but I'm not going to say I hate it. It's better than knowing I'm trapped and I have no way out.

"Window." I heard her whisper again.

I looked to the window by the bed but nothing. I then rushed over to the other window and looked out to find Ashley barely hanging on from what I can see. She really climbed up here?

Looking closer I noticed she actually had ropes with metal things on them or something like that. I'm not much into ropes or the how-to, on climbing anything. Remember I only learnt the useless things like ballet class, art, you know the useless things that won't help me in situations like this.

I smiled at her and she had a bright smile on her face too. I tried wedging the window open but it was no use.

I tried to find a way to open the damn thing then noticing the little metal area that looked like a padlock or something of that kind. Turning it I heard a little click and I ever so slowly opened the window not wanting to cause much noise.

I finally got to breathe the fresh air from outside and see Ashley was actually safely hanging onto the roof also by the help of the ropes. I even noticed the girls on the ground waving at me with smiles on their faces.

I knew I must have had a huge smile because I could feel it on my face from where it was hurting.

Ashley's smile faltered when she had a good look at me.

"Your face... did that bitch hit you?!" Ashley half yelled again with anger clearly on her face.

I shook my head quickly.

"Ashley we don't have time for this. Is there a way for me to get out? She's locked me up and she has guards. They don't work for Dad. I need to get out of here." I rushed out all the words having to quickly catch my breath after.

She nodded still looking upset but out her hand to me. I gratefully took it minding my step as I lifted myself onto the window ledge ignoring my fear of falling from this height.

Ashley held me tight and I tried my best to hold onto her as best as I could.

"Thanks for coming, Ashley. You don't know how much this really means to me."

She looked at me with a soft expression sighing lightly.

"I told you, you're my number one girl. No getting rid of me now so you're stuck with me for good."

The only thing I could do smile as I ignored the pain from my coming back making me light-headed. I rested my head on Ashley's shoulder before slowly darkness overtook me.

*

Don't forget to Vote and Comment. Thank you :)

 Thank you :)