37

★ Marissa ★

I can honestly say my life has definitely changed. I'm not going to be going back to that old life any time soon that's for sure.

My god, what I saw at the town hall. I have never witnessed two people making out in public, let alone going further than that and today I just witnessed two girls in public, probably going further than I should witness.

Honestly, I have no problem with any kind of relationships so yes I'm perfectly fine with same-sex relationships, however, growing up I've always covered my eyes when watching TV only when the inappropriate scenes came up. Yes, the scenes that children should not see.

Let's just say I still do the same thing now. No one's noticed because most of what I watch, I watch on my own. Even with Ashley always over, luckily I've only watched PG-rated videos and shows so I'm not caught yet.

Personally, I think I'll get over it in a few years. This was just me being me, growing up in my own time, so I'll be fine. I just did not expect to see something like this while walking the streets.

Everyone else seemed fine with it. Good thing no one brought it up. I know for a fact my face would turn beet red. A person can tell when their face turns red because we can feel our faces warm up. Not a good feeling may I add. It just adds to the embarrassment.

Sucks to be me at 17. You'd expect me looking like I do, I'd be mature and used to make out scenes or kissing but sadly no I'm still a child at that. Of course, there's no way I'd let anyone else know that. If it means putting up a charade then hell with it, that's exactly what I'll do.

"Oh Mr Kyles, is it okay if we have a pool party? You could be our sleeping supervisor. We'd only call and wake you if it's important." Chuckled Ashley.

We were still in the back of my dad's car, coming back from the scene of the town hall. Hearing dad say all those things back there really meant a lot to me. It showed me that he really did care for me and that's all I ever wanted.

"Sure, I don't see why not. Who's going to be on the guestlist?" He asked, with a smile on his face which I saw from the rearview mirror.

"Just a few close friends. Boys and girls. Nothing too big though." Ashley had an innocent grin on her face.

"Well if I started you so far till now guess I'll see how far this can go. Just make sure it's not too loud. Pool parties don't need to be that loud anyway. It's more of an outside laid back gathering than an actual party." He chuckled.

"Awesome. This is going to be big when everyone at school hears about this." Ashley held my hand with a huge grin on her face as she sent out texts rapidly on her phone.

After an hour, we were already back at home with dad fast asleep upstairs and the outside pool surrounded by teenagers from school.

I was unfortunately forced into a bikini set which may I just say, where did this even come from?

Everyone at the party was in either bikini and mini swim skirts or for the boys in their trunks. Mine was black with navy designs on it. Ashley had on a red bikini with white designs making her body look very much like models, possibly even better. Sarah had on a light green bikini set with the skirt while Alice had on a bikini top with short shorts designed for a swim. Rachel had a baby blue bikini set and Cindy had a white bikini set though wore a light fabric wrapped around her waist with a slit at the side.

Everyone looked relaxed. Most of them were in the pool while others were talking amongst themselves outside the pool on dry land.

"Come on let's go into the pool." Ashley just came out of nowhere and started pulling me over to the pool before I could do anything.

Next thing I know I'm underwater and Ashley is laughing as I resurface to see her a further away from me. She had pushed me into the pool! The nerve of her.

Feeling angry I swam over to her started splashing water at her only making her laughter louder. Sighing, I gave up seeing as this was having a useless effect.

After Ashley finally calmed herself which may I just say is very immature, her eyes suddenly looked started. She had the look of shock on her face and her mouth was opened leaving her unmoving in that state as she stared at me.

*

Don't forget to Vote and Comment. Thank you :)

 Thank you :)