21

★ Marissa ★

This is going way too far even for her. I never expected this, I mean how could I have? I didn't even realize everything was great until now. You know when they, say you never know what you truly have until it's gone. Well, they're right and I was too late to even realize it.

I don't even know how she's getting away with this. I would think that my Dad wouldn't let her do this to me, but where is he? I finally thought he actually cared for me, that he just didn't know how to show it, but I guess I was wrong. I always end up wrong. I was wrong with my mother. I thought I'd always have her by my side but I lost her and I always knew deep down I would never have anything again.

I guess that's the only thing I was right about. Too bad I couldn't get anything else right.

I was sitting in the cold attic where she locked me up. She turned off the power so there's no electricity going in here so it was cold. The great thing about the attic is that I always come up here so it isn't that bad. It's like my own fortress but the bad thing about it is that it's pretty isolated. If I screamed at the top of my lungs no one would hear me.

The walls were thick and the attic was high up so I couldn't call for help or even jump out the window.

I was supposed to go to school today. I'd never missed a day of school. Isn't someone going to call to see why I'm not there? Of course not, she'd just lie to them and say I'm sick. Worst case scenario she could transfer me out from there. That was the last thing I wanted.

I always knew she had an ulterior motive with staying with my Dad but I never thought she'd lock me up. I didn't even expect her to hit me. Yes, that's right she hit me.

Last night when I came back from home, Dad wasn't there. She let out all her pent up anger and told me how I was a nuisance to her. How I was in the way. How things would be better if I was gone. I didn't say anything back to her, that's how I always reacted to her. I just let her go on until she's done.

I should have thought twice. Her face was red and her eyes held anger. Any beauty she had before was completely gone. She raised her hand and slapped me hard. After that, she dragged me into the attic and locked me up here.

I had a look at my face in the small mirror my mother stored up here and the side of my cheek was red. I wonder if it would bruise? I doubt that. It'd just stay red for a while.

I'll be honest, I've never been hit before let alone slapped so I really didn't know how to react to that. I was locked up in the attic no way out and the crazy step mum wants me out of the way. I don't know about you but me watching all the horror movies that I have to know that that's not a good combination.

Seriously if I was out of the way all she had to do was give my Dad a child and everything she wanted from him would be hers in a snap of a finger.

Ugh, I can't even think straight from hunger. Not only has she locked me up but she hasn't given me anything to eat. I would be surprised if she's forgotten about me.

I've been sitting in the same spot since she threw me in here, in front of the window opposite of where the bed was. There were two windows in here. One next to the bed and the other opposite of it. I liked this window because it had a nice view. Too bad I couldn't use it to climb down.

I don't even know how long it had been and I'm already bored, tired and hungry. Not being able to stand it I went over to the bed planning to go to sleep when I noticed the crisp packets and popcorn leftover from when Ashley was up here with me. I smiled. Leave it to Ashley to solve my problems. It may not be store brought food but it was food and I was starving.

I grabbed the unopened packets that were meant for Ashley and opened up one crisp packet letting myself snack on it. I put the rest of the packets in my film cabinet. I still didn't know whether the step mum would try and starve me to death so better to keep the goods hidden.

I put the unfinished opened crisp packet down looking around for anything else. Ashley coming up here with me meant me getting more than I usually did and because she started staying over late we always came here. It was the most comfortable so I know I must have stacked away some drinks and more goodies just for her. I finally opened a lower cabinet and found the bottles drinks and biscuits.

Seriously if I ever get out of here I'm going to thank Ashley for always coming over. Who would have guessed her annoying ass could be so useful for once.

I wonder if she would come over when she finds out I'm not at school? Would she know that I'm locked up? Maybe she'll just think that I went back to my old life. I can't believe I'm actually missing Ashley. I think the hunger is really getting to me.

Okay looking at all the food I have so far, I can honestly say I'd probably last for about maybe 3 days maximum.

I was starting to relax for a moment now that I have food in my stomach but that soon disappeared when the door to the attic rattled and then opened to reveal my step mum glaring at me with an evil look on her face.

I didn't like how she was looking at me and I knew I wouldn't like whatever she had planned.

*

Don't forget to Vote and Comment. Thank you :)

 Thank you :)