23

★ Ashley ★

After school let out Alice, Sarah and Rachel went off to get their camping equipment. Mostly just the ropes and essentials perfect for breaking in holly wood style. Surprising isn't it? As cheerleaders, we surprisingly went camping but I'm sure you already caught on with me having my Dad, of course, I'd be like this.

Cindy and I had waited in the living room until either my Dad or the girls came. Dad had beaten them to it. He came in about 10 minutes before them even though they speeded. Knowing Alice, I knew she must have sped all the way back.

"Dad I was wondering now that you're part of the big pawn and all you know the gossip and all that right?" I asked him also actually wanting to know for future needs.

"Sweetheart, In this family the male population do not gossip. We are evolved beings that are too mature for that."

I gave him a look smirking, eager to see how he'd end this.

"You know I liked you better when you were short and still thought Santa was real."

I gasped and feigned hurt.

"Santa is real." I couldn't help laughing after that.

"So I'm assuming you wanted to know something in particular since you never really asked about these things unless your mother is the source to go to. If that's the case I think I have competition. Betrayed by my own wife. Who would've thought."

Dad started laughing after he finished and I laughed too.

Dad and I always messed around like that. It was one of our things we'd never let go of.

"Yeah, um you know Mr Kyles right?"

He nodded urging me to continue so I did.

"Well, I hear he's not home right now. Is like away or something?"

"Well now that you mention it, I do remember hearing from him about a business trip for 'round about now. It's funny how I've gotten closer to the guy after I joined this type of world. Good to know I'm not alone up there."

"Do you think you could get a hold of him you know to just chat?"

Dad chuckled smiling at me.

"Well, not for this time no. The trip he took was pretty important. They're from a different company and they don't usually deal with his area of work so he won't be free to talk to. Was there something you needed from him? I'm surprised you haven't gone to Marissa for this. You seem to be getting closer to her." He winked.

I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head.

"No, I can't get in touch with her. The step b- uh yeah step mum wouldn't let see her any more so I wanted to talk to him cause he likes me."

He frowned and nodded then came up to me and pulled me in for a hug.

"Well don't worry sweetheart, a woman like that isn't really going to stop my daughter or is she?" He half grinned.

"No way. I just wanted to check in with you. But, now that you mention it, you could kind of bitch her out for doing that to me right?"

He raised his eyebrow and I chuckled lightly scratching the back of my neck.

"Whoops, slipped there. I'll keep the language in check."

"That's what I like to see."

"Okay well, I'm going to go with my girls to you know, do my thing." I grinned.

"Good luck with that. Remember no one stops my daughter from getting what she wants, okay?"

I nodded giving him a hug before leaving out and going inside Alice's car.

"So we're ready?" I asked.

The nodded and Alice started the car leading us to where Marissa was. No matter what, this time I would see her. Not only that but I'm taking her with me too. I'm not going to leave her with that bitch. No way. No matter what I'm going to make sure Marissa's okay and right now I know for a fact that she isn't.

I guess now its just a matter of time.

*

Don't forget to Vote and Comment. Thank you :)

 Thank you :)