28

★ Marissa ★

I awoke to the feeling of pain on the side of my body. I would have ignored it but the pain was soaring loud throughout my body, I would have screamed if I could. I didn't dare reach out and touch that area, instead I forced myself to pry my eyes open.

The pain had made it so I had trouble even opening my eyes. I felt dizzy and buzzed like I wasn't sober but on a high role.

I breathed out heavily trying to find myself. I felt weak and sick like I could throw up at any second but I held that back. I couldn't move and I didn't want to throw up on myself.

After a few several tries on opening my eyes, I gave up and just left myself to listen to my surroundings. I noticed that I wasn't alone. In the background, I could hear faint voices of many, not just one. I could even hear the occasional beeping.

It was then that I got a whiff of my surroundings. The smell was that of a hospital. I knew because it was the same smell of when I came to see my mother. I may have avoided the hospital for years but I could never forget this smell.

As blind as I may be with my eyes closed I knew where I was, what I didn't understand was why I was here in the first place. The last I remember was when I climbed out of the window and went into Ashley's warm embrace. It was the only thing that relieved me of the pain I went through. The physical pain of being hit.

Wait did I fall off from the building? Is that why I'm here? I would have thought Ashley wouldn't let me fall, she is pretty strong after all.

My breathing was evened out after what felt like hours of mindless thoughts. The pain was still excruciating but evening out my breaths seemed to somewhat help.

It was tiny but I could hear it. Arguing. It wasn't in the room because the voices were muffled but I knew I could hear it. It was being in a dream where everything just seemed to blend in and out of the scene. I knew what was happening but at the same time, I didn't.

It was hard to tell if I was really in the hospital or if I was having one of my childhood dreams again from when my mother had been in the hospital.

Even though the voices were muffled I could tell it was a man and a woman. It took me a while but I seemed to have willed myself to listen with intent. The muffled voices seemed to clear up and I was able to pick up words.

"... you have no business... my responsibility..." Came a female's harsh tone.

It was somewhat familiar and sent shivers down my spine.

"like hell... call him... I told him I'd be here..." Came a man's rough tone.

It didn't send shivers down my spine. Surprisingly I felt better hearing his voice which seemed strange to me.

"Sir, miss... causing a disturbance... Mr Kyles will arrive soon... for the time being..." Came an unfamiliar voice.

I didn't recognize it. The voice seemed uncertain and troubled. After that, the voices died down. I couldn't tell if my dream was changing or if they'd just stopped arguing. What surprised me was that it was then that I heard a door open and click closed after footsteps entered.

I knew it wasn't one person that entered because the footsteps continued. I was out of it but the words spoken could still be heard.

*

Don't forget to Vote and Comment. Thank you :)

 Thank you :)