48

★ Ashley ★

"She seems nice; I'm surprised you're so close to her. You don't usually like close body contact if you get my drift." I chuckled out. I hoped I sounded real right there, because boy, oh boy, was I not okay seeing Marissa so close to a complete stranger, all over her.

"Well, Cindy introduced me to her. She said she was a friend of hers from when she was younger and since coincidentally she's here for a break too she wanted me to meet her, you know make more friends. She's actually really nice so I guess that's why it doesn't bother me that much." The light smile on her face proved that it was true but Cindy's name being mentioned called for alarms.

"So this has absolutely nothing to do with me moving you to Rachel's bed?" I raised my brow and couldn't help chuckling softly as Marissa made a small scowl in return.

"Well, there was that too. I never knew you were the jealous type; it's really childish but kind of funny too. Who knew me making friends with someone on my own would be the best way to get back at you?" She giggled.

"So Cindy really did set this whole thing up?" To think one of my best friends would use my weakness against me like this, the horror.

"Don't worry I'm a big girl, I can make friends on my own. Cindy may have introduced us but I did all the taking on my own. Rachel's been with Cindy all this time so I didn't take any help from anyone, I made a friend all on my own and~ I learned how to play pool... well kind of."

"You don't really think I'd be against you making friends on your own now, do you? I'm surprised you'd even think that." I tried out my best pout face I could make.

Honestly, I'm not against it, but I guess Cindy must have told her that to avoid the 'me being jealous part of only if other people flirt with her', that I would definitely be jealous of.

Marissa tilted her head slightly and stared at the ground before looking back at me.

"I guess you're right. I just wanted to get back at you. I still have the whole day to think of something, but why did Cindy say that I wonder..."

"Huh well isn't it obvious, she was just kidding but you did kind of get back at me. You thought of me being so bad that I'm sad now, her plan worked out in the end." I waved my arms in the air for the dramatic effect.

Honestly, it worked, the girl getting close to her like that was definitely enough to get back at me, but I wouldn't tell Marissa that.

"So I'm guessing Cindy and Rachel are coming too, you know the party?" That was just an excuse I was using to go over there and get some face to face with a bestie who just betrayed me just now.

"Yeah, we should call them over now."

Before she could get up from leaning I already raised my arm and stopped her.

"It's fine I'll call them, I have been away since morning I feel like I'm missing out." With that, I took off in Cindy's direction with a playful glare directed at Cindy.