09

★ Marissa ★

I was surprised.

Ashley was here and not at the party. Actually, the whole girls are here.

Why?

Now that we all finally reached my room after I caught the pissed off look of Dad's wife. I really can't bring myself to even call her the 'm' word, that's saved for my real mum who she will never replace.

I wonder if she's going to get back at me? I mean Ashley did kind of ruin her plans and this is the first time Dad ever said no to her or gave her a look like that. I'm honestly shining inside right now. It feels like I have my Dad back. Best moment ever.

But as I was saying, now that we're in my room I turned towards Ashley who was sitting on my bed getting herself comfortable.

You know that time when I would say how I didn't like my privacy ruined with someone being in it, yeah I till feel that way. Come on just Ashley being here, okay that's fine, I can deal. But now my room is packed with girls. What's next? A party here? God, I hope not.

"Um, guy. Why are you here? I'm pretty sure there's a party that'll be needing their host."

"Actually we got someone to cover for that, so we're here to give you your first sleepover."

I groaned audibly and the girls giggled.

"Great, so much to look forward to."

"Oh god, even your insults are great."

That was Alice I think her name was. I can't tell whether that was sarcasm or not.

"Is that sarcasm cause honestly I can't tell?" I said in a monotone, then sat down on my bed grabbing a book from the shelf to read.

"Nope pure honesty. Hey, no reading. This is a sleepover and we're doing sleepover things. It's time we officially welcomed you to our group."

I froze and looked at all their faces, then landing on Ashley's next.

"Please tell me she's joking. Seriously."

Ashley rolled her eyes at me before she spoke.

"You know you make it sound like we're forcing you to commit murder."

"Yeah, you are, to my soul- hey keep your hands off my cat."

I took Rêve out of a red head's hand as she giggled and sat back on my bed. Damn, they're all sitting on my bed. How did so much change after a few weeks?

"Okay first of all your Dad said he's setting up the spare room with a massive bed for us to sleep in so bed arrangements, sorted."