Chapter Sixteen

Long chapter coming your way my babies!! Enjoy xoxo

I wake up surprisingly late on Saturday morning, I roll over on my bed checking the time on my cell phone and realize just how late it is. It'll be noon in about twenty minutes. This is the latest I've slept-in in a long while. I'm actually a little surprised that my dad didn't walk into my bedroom waking me up like he usually does.

I'm a little sad when I see that my phone doesn't have any new notifications, I don't have a good morning text or any messages from Isaac this morning. He ended up staying out pretty late with his friends last night, or should I say this morning. I woke up around five in the morning to use the restroom and had a couple of text messages from Isaac, talking about how he'd just gotten home not too long ago. I think he might've had one too many drinks because he was being extremely flirty last night, up until I fell asleep on him.

I rolled off of my bed and marched straight out into the hallway and into the bathroom. I tinkled and took a quick shower to help me wake up. I hated sleeping in so much, it only made me feel more tired and lazier than usual. After my quick little shower I felt a little more alive and ready for my day. I headed down stairs to grab something small to eat to hold me off until Isaac and I went out.

My dad was sprawled out on the big couch with the remote in his hand, laughing at whatever he was watching on tv.

"Hey, dad." I greeted him as I made my way into the kitchen, opening the fridge door.

"Morning kiddo, i left you a plate of food in the microwave."

I shut the fridge and turn back to look at my dad, "you made breakfast? Why didn't you wake me, daddy? I would've ate with you."

He shakes his head, "I popped my head into your room and you were dead asleep so I left you."

I smile and turn to open the microwave door that's hanging over the stove. Inside waiting on a plate for me is two pieces of French toast, a hash brown patty, and three strips of crispy bacon. My dad hands down made the best bacon on this planet, it was the perfect amount of crispy, but it also had a good chew to it. I heated the food up and grabbed a cup of some OJ and sat next to my dad on his recliner. I stared down at my delicious food before digging into it. So much for having a small breakfast, I mentally thought to myself. I hadn't anticipated how hungry I woke up, next thing I knew my plate was clean empty. I placed my now empty plate and glass on the coffee table in front of me and watched some tv with my dad for awhile.

He was currently watching impractical jokers, laughing his butt off. This was one of his and Caleb's favorite shows, my brother's actually the one that got my dad hooked on this show. It was the only time they could be in the same room together without biting their heads off one another.

"God, I forgot how good it felt to be home on the weekend," my dad speaks up as his show goes to commercial. "What time is your friend picking you up?" He asks.

I stare him down for a second, "you're gonna have to stop referring to him as my friend, dad."

"Fine. What time is Isaac picking you up?"

I shake my head at him and pick my phone up from the coffee table checking the time. It's 12:38. "He said he'll be here around two o'clock."

"Shouldn't you be getting ready then?" My dad says after checking the time himself.

"Yeah, I guess." I say a little uncertain.

My dad pauses the tv and sits up from his laying position. "Hailey listen to me." I glance over at him. "You're gonna have a good time. Don't over think it, sweetheart. Whatever you do, do not let it get in the way today. You deserve to have a little fun, kid. If you really have to take half of one of your pills, just breathe if you start getting anxious. Take a second to gather yourself. I'm not really good with this stuff, but he's gonna enjoy himself regardless, baby. He's gonna like you for you, because if not.. then I'm gonna have to kill him." He smiles.