Chapter 3: Attack Plans

Carter

I stood next to my desk and looked out the grand window in my office. There were children running around playing tag, a couple teenagers playing volleyball, and quite a few pack members doing their daily training routines. All the adults in the pack were required to do some kind of training during the week. I never wanted a member of my pack to be defenseless against an enemy. I wanted them to have at least some knowledge of how to fight.

Our pack was attacked on a regular basis, it was expected from one of the biggest packs in the world. Mostly it was groups of rogues who attacked and it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. My warriors were known for their ferocity and how they killed with no mercy. I had trained them to be the best of the best and now they tried their best to train the rest of the pack the same way.

I stared down at the field below me and studied those who were practicing on the field. I made a list of the people who needed the most help and made a mental note to tell Mort later this evening. He would be sure to assign a few warriors to work one-on-one with them. They were always eager to help the members of their pack and prove themselves to Mort and to me.

I was drawn from my thoughts by a knock at my door. I stepped away from the window and told whoever it was to come in. As the door opened I went to sit down, but stopped when I saw who it was. I smiled and walked over to hug them.

"Hey man it's good to see you. Mom's gonna be glad your back she's missed you while you were away." I told my little brother, Nathan. He hugged me back and then took a seat in one of the chairs in front of my desk.

"I'm happy to be home, I was ready to get out of that hell house. I understand why you sent me there, Carter that pack is something else." Nathan's face grew darker as he talked about the pack.

"I had heard rumors things were bad there, that's why I sent you. I need you to tell me every detail of your visit. If we are going to attack the Shadow Mountain pack we need a good reason. The look on your face tells me it was pretty bad." I tell him pulling out some paper so that I could take notes if needed.

"Carter I've never seen a pack act in such a violent manner. There's fighting and bickering everywhere you turn and no one seems to care. None of the pack members seem to care for each other and it's all just a mess. I saw at least fourteen different fights break out in the day I was there observing. No one treated me with respect even though I am the Delta of this pack and they were all common wolves." I couldn't believe what Nate was telling me.

Respect is a big deal in werewolf culture and to have anyone so blatantly just toss that out the window was horrid. When you had an entire pack, who didn't respect the positions of those above them it showed there was a problem. To have their alpha just let that kind of behavior slide was an even worse breach of etiquette.

"The way the women in the pack are treated is cruel, as well. They're all treated as Omega's and given no respect. They are forced to do all the cleaning and cooking in the house. The men walk all over them and they don't even try to fight back. I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but it's a problem. The children are much the same and it pains me to see it." Nathan said shaking his head at the memory at what he must have seen.

I could see on Nate's face that he wasn't telling me everything. He was holding something back, something big. I wasn't sure if he was trying to hide it or figuring out what to say. I could see the sorrow and pain in his eyes and it told me whatever it was had to be really bad.

"There was one more thing Cart, I'm not even sure I can adequately describe what I saw. It was one of the vilest and cruelest things I've ever seen in my life." I could see a darkness filling Nathan's eyes, he was mad. I could tell his wolf was enraged at whatever he had seen and wanted justice.