Chapter 49: Kitchen

Elinn

I was sitting on my couch waiting for Carter to come get me. We were supposed to be leaving for Anneslise's house any minute now and Carter promised he would come get me when it was time to go. I was so excited that I was going to have the opportunity to talk to other people. I wasn't one to really talk to people, but something had pulled me toward Annelise and Corbin. I hadn't really talked to their father yet, but Carter seemed to trust him which was a good sign.

"Elinn, are you ready to leave?" There was a knock at my door and I ran to get it. Carter stood in the hall waiting for me, I grabbed his hand and he leads me down the hall.

"I told Chad that we were going to bring some drinks, so we need to make a stop in the kitchen before we do anything else. Does that sound okay to you?" Carter asked. I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked. Carter's face lit up at my actions and my heart fluttered in my chest.

The more time I spent with Carter the more I realized I liked him. He was kind to me when no one else was and he never made me do anything I didn't want to. I understood why we were mates, he gave me confidence and didn't get mad at me when I stood up for myself. Master never approved of those things, I was beginning to understand just how bad Master had been.

"What are you thinking about?"Carter's question pulled me out of my thoughts.

"I was thinking about how good it was that you found me that day. If you hadn't I don't know where I would be, but I can guarantee I would be miserable. Without you, I wouldn't have remembered what happiness was and would have spent my entire life living without it and never even knowing." I say staring at our interlocked fingers.

"You aren't ever going to feel like you did when you were in your old pack. You're here now and that is what is important, I will make sure you always have a place to call home. Where you can feel safe and protected." Carter's sincere warmed my soul as we walked into the kitchen.

"We should definitely keep him, he obviously cares about us. Our mate really is a handsome little bugger." My wolf praised inside my head

I leaned up pressed my forehead against my mates. A split second later both Carter and I were kissing. My hands ran up his arms and rested on his shoulders while his made their way to my hips. He lifted me onto the counter causing me to squeal against his lips. He used the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth.

It was a strange thing to have someone else's tongue in your mouth. Our tongues clashed finding their way around each other and allowing us to explore one another. My hands flew to Carter's hair and tugged at it lightly, the moan that followed it was very reassuring. Carter's and squeezed my hips tighter as the kiss grew.

Carter tilted his head changing the angle of the kiss, somehow making it more passionate. I continued to gently pull at his hair while his hands slid so the rested on my thighs. I moaned as he massaged my legs and I could feel a smirk crossing his face. Just then we heard the kitchen door slam startling both of us.

"Hi Maddie, it's good to see you. It's been a while hasn't it?" Carter asks out of breath from our heated make-out session. It's the girl who jumped all over my mate when we went to meet his parents, she had been kissing him.

"What is she doing here!" My wolf growled to me.

"I was just coming to see you....I wasn't expecting you to have company." The girl said still seemingly shocked about the whole ordeal.

"Oh, you haven't met my mate yet have you? Elinn this is my high school best friend Madeline, she just got back from a trip to Paris." Carter said introducing us.

"She is your mate?" Madeline asked questioningly, almost haughtily.

"What is she trying to imply?" My wolf was growing more and more agitated by the moment.

"The most important thing in my whole world. She is my everything." Carter said helping me off the counter while I stared down his 'best friend'.

"But look at her Carter! She is so skinny it's disgusting, she probably has some mental issues. There are scars all over her arms, what kind of person has those? She isn't good enough for you, you deserve better than her!" Madeline snorted as she looked me up and down. That's when suddenly I was in the back seat and my wolf took control of our body.

"Oh and who exactly do you think deserves him? Is it you little human? Are you worthy to be with MY mate? Because I'd be willing to fight you for him and I would win. I've been waiting for this a long time pup and you aren't going to take him from us.

Do you want to know how my human acquired these particular scars? Aren't you even the least bit curious, or are you just interested in making sure you can take my place?

These were made by a malicious man who decided that he could break the human to his will. These were all made when he took his knives and used them to pin her arms to the wall. Sometimes he would do it to remind her of the number of times she screamed in one of his sessions. He would burn her and whip her until she was nearly unconscious then make her work all day doing chores for men who would do what they wanted with her.

So I don't think you want to mess with me, you dumb whore. You see you will never be able to understand exactly what we went through. We are stronger than you ever will be and you are no match for us. So do you want to try again? Because I don't think I like you very much." My wolf had our hands around the stupid girl's neck.

"Carter, help, please! Don't you see what it is doing to me?" Madeline called out. Carter made no move to help her staring at us in shock.

"I think it's time for you to leave pup. Don't bother coming around anytime soon, I don't think I could see you and not break that ugly face of yours. Now GET OUT!" I spat at her and she stumbled back looking between me and my mate and I growled at her. She ran out of the room and I snarled at the slamming door.

"What just happened?" Carter asked still staring in surprise at where Madeline had just been standing.

"We took care of a problem. Now let's go Elinn wants to see that little girl." My wolf grabbed a bottle of soda out of the fridge as she talked and stalked out of the room. Carter ran to catch up with us and took our face in his hands.

"After this is over, we are going to talk about what just happened. But for now, let's just go and enjoy ourselves." Carter says giving me a hard look and my wolf slowly relinquished control back to me.

"Let's go have a tea party!" I suggested nervously and followed Carter to Anneslise's house. I knocked on the door and about five seconds later it was flung open.

"LUNA!! Come on let's go get dressed," and I was being pulled into the house Carter laughing behind me.

AN: We just hit TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY-THREE THOUSAND VIEWS!! Thank you all so much for that. I am so glad that you all seem to be enjoying this books so much. I was curious the other day and figured I should ask, what's your favorite book? Let me know what you thought and your answers in the comments. Until next time, bye bye!