Chapter 10: Time

Dedicated to all of you for getting the story to over a hundred views!

Elinn

"See that wasn't so hard was it? Elinn, that is such a pretty name." Carter smiled at the fact I had finally given him what he wanted. I waited anxiously for the blow that was to come for speaking it out loud, but it never came. I looked up at Carter confused as to what was going on in this hospital.

"Now I have a couple more questions to ask you before I'll leave you alone for a while. How old are you Elinn?" I wanted to tell him, I really did. If I told him how old I was he would leave me alone which was all I had wanted since I got here. Only I had no answer to his question, I honestly had no idea how long it had been since I was taken.

"I don't know how old I am, they never let me know how long I'd been there. I didn't need to know, I am to serve Master until I die." I had never thought about how old I was I just knew that I was younger than anyone else I ever saw.

"Do you know how old you were when you were taken and what year it was," Carter asked his voice slightly wavering. I saw pain in his eyes and couldn't understand why it was there.

"I was eight years old at the time. I don't remember exactly but I think it was 2006 at the time. Why what year is it now?" I had assumed it had been a couple years since I was taken. Maybe by now, I was finally sixteen, Mom had always said it was the best age to be. I never knew why she said it though.

Suddenly Carter's face was very pale and he looked like he might fall over. He looked me up and down as if it was the first time he was seeing me. I could see in his eyes though that he wasn't really focused on me he was thinking about something. Some part of my answer seemed to come as a shock to him.

"Elinn you can't really be serious about that. They took you from your house, from your family...when you were eight?" He looked so hurt and confused that I just nodded. Why were the people here so strange?

"You have been kept a prisoner in that house since you were eight. They forced you to be their servant for twelve years! What kind of a person does something like that?" I could barely hear what he was saying. Had he said twelve years? I had been stuck in that hell house for twelve years?

I had thought that I had been there for maybe eight years, and that was a maybe. For twelve years I had slept in a cardboard box. For twelve years I had been forced to wear pretty much the same clothes. For twelve years I had lived every day of my life in immense pain. How was I even alive after all I had been through.

I had gotten a beating every day I was there. I had never once met a man who wasn't trying to hurt me in some way or another. I had never been shown mercy or love, so much so that I forgot what they felt like. That place had taken everything from me and I was just a shell.

All that had mattered was keeping Master and his men happy. I was beaten so they could have entertainment. They yelled at me and laughed at me to make themselves feel good. They used me so they could feel pleasure, it was what I was meant for. But doing that for twelve years, I wished I could forget it all.

"I wish that house had killed me rather than let me live. Then maybe I could finally get some rest," I murmured to myself. I believed it with all my heart, they were the most honest words I had ever uttered.

"Don't you EVER say that! I never want to hear those words leave your mouth again, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" Carter's voice wasn't soft like it normally was. His eyes were red, the look on his face reminded me of Master's when he was mad.

I scurried back off the bed and away from Carter. He was going to hurt me I knew I couldn't trust him when he said he wouldn't hurt me. As I crawled backward trying to get away he quickly grabbed my leg and I was pulled into a memory.

One of Masters men had called me up to his room so I could help him. When I knocked on the door a man I recognized opened it. He smiled down at me and stepped aside so that I could enter the room. I didn't look at him, Master had needed to remind me of that rule today and I was still sore from the lesson.

"Come pet, I want you to sit here with me," the man said as he climbed onto the bed. I eyed it and wanted so badly to jump right up so I didn't think twice about it.

"There we go sweet cheeks, I know you haven't been on one of these in a long time. Lay a little closer to me so I can get more comfortable. I knew better than to refuse him so I scooted closer. I felt his fingertips trace my back, but I refused to react to him. I was too busy enjoying the comfort of the bed anyway.

"I think that this shirt is going to get in the way of what I have planned for you little girl," I felt his hands slip under my shirt as he attempted to pull it off my body. I scooted away from him hoping he would just leave me alone to relax on the bed.

"Oh no, you are going to do as I say pet. I want you, I have for a long time and I am going to have you one way or another. Alpha isn't going to stop me this time." His words sent me scrambling to get out of the room. I didn't want him to touch me, I wanted to get out.

Before I could get all the way off the bed he grabbed my ankle and pulled me back into him. He pinned my arms to the bed and straddled my waist. He pressed his body closer to mine and I struggled to escape his grasp.

"Stop making this difficult for me! We both know this is what you want so let me help you!" He yelled at me as he worked harder to keep me pinned. I thrashed as hard as I could, but I was growing tired and he knew it. He held both my hands in one of his and used the other to pull my shirt up.

"GET OFF OF HER!" The door shattered and Master ran into the room. The man didn't have time to move before he was thrown against a wall.

"You know the rules, Jonas, no one touches the girl like that until I've had her. You just couldn't wait, could you? You had to have a piece of her first right? Wrong, you made a mistake boy and it's gonna cost you!" Master screamed at the man then snapped his neck.

I wasn't sure exactly what Master was talking about, but I was glad he stopped the guy. I hadn't liked the way he was touching me, what was he trying to do? I wished that I could just walk out of the room like nothing happened, but Master wouldn't let that happen.

"Did I excuse you pet?" Master seethed in my ear. I shook my head knowing talking was a bad idea. His arms wrapped around my waist and threw me back onto the bed. He stood in front of me and slowly took off his shirt. A smirk grew on his face and I could tell I wasn't going to stay conscious after what he was going to do.

"I am going to enjoy this more than you know pet. I've been waiting for so long and you just pushed me over the edge."

I refused to let the rest of the memory play out in my mind. I didn't want to remember that pain. It was the worst day of my life. It had nothing to do with the pain or the mean words he had spoken to me later. No, that day my hope that someone cared about me, that I mattered to someone had died. With that, the rest of my dreams and wants were gone too. My will to live was no longer there, with no hope came no heartache and I was willing to let that happen.

"Let go of me, let me go! I don't want to be hurt anymore let me go! It hurts so bad, I just want it all to stop! Let me go!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, no longer caring about the consequences. I just needed to get away from him. He reminded me too much of the man that had kept me locked up for the past twelve years.

The door was pushed open and a man I recognized came running in. He had been at the dinner with Garrett and Master. I screamed louder when I saw him and knew Master had sent him to get me. I fell off the bed and onto the unforgiving floor never stopping yelling about how I wanted to be let go and left alone. Nathan grabbed me and held onto my head as I thrashed about trying to get away from him. Then I felt a prick in my neck and the world began to spin. Then my whole world went black.

AN: YOU GUYS ROCK!! When I posted the last chapter the book was at about ninety views. Now there are over one hundred and eighty! Thank you all so much for reading, you guys have no idea how much this means to me. So let me know what you guys are thinking in the comments. I am so thankful to have all of you here. Until next time, bye bye!