Chapter 7: Information

Carter

I had wondered what color her eyes were, and now I knew. Her eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue. If I was going to get specific they were cobalt blue. Her eyes were mesmerizing they drew me in and I never wanted to look away. Though I hadn't been able to see much of them.

I was sitting in my office waiting for Luke to come in and explain what had just happened. My wolf wouldn't stop pacing around in my head. He wanted to be with his mate, and he was worried for her since he couldn't hear her wolf at all. I wasn't even sure she still had one at this point.

My door opened slowly and Luke stuck his head in. I gestured for him to come in and sit down as I tried to collect my thoughts. He sat down and didn't say anything for a few moments, probably still trying to process what had just happened.

"Alpha, first I would like to thank you for staying calm after what just occurred. I know that it couldn't have been easy for you and I wanted you to know that I am doing everything I can for your mate." Luke said and I knew he meant every word he said.

"Luke, I get the feeling we are going to be talking for a while and you are one of my brother's closest friends, call me Carter. I always feel weird when people call me alpha. Now, what can you tell me about her?" I asked him not wanting to wait any longer for information.

"Look, Carter, I know you aren't going to like what I am about to tell you so I asked Nate to come in here too." As he said it Nathan entered the room and smiled at me. He sat in the seat across from me and I nodded at Luke to continue.

"Carter your mates back is going to take quite a while to heal. I can smell faint hints of wolf in here, but it is apparent that it has never been able to come out of her. So she doesn't heal quickly like the rest of us, you have to remember that. It will take about a month before we can take out the stitches out.

Her leg should be pretty much healed in four to six weeks then she can begin nonstrenuous activities. Her hand is a bit more complicated than her leg was. It was fractured in several places and I wasn't sure what we were gonna be able to do. We were able to get a cast on her and her hand should heal in three to four weeks." I could see that Luke was telling me the easiest information first.

"Luke tell me what the real problems are, I need to know if my mate will be okay." My wolf took over for a second and demeaned. Luke looked a bit taken aback for a second then seemed to relax back in his chair.

"Your mate's body is in very bad shape, I've never seen anything like it before. She is extremely underweight, she only weighs about seventy pounds. I can tell you that She hasn't been outside in a very long time if ever. She hasn't slept well ever if I were to guess. We have had to give her serious medication to get here to really sleep, otherwise she sort of just closes her eyes and relaxes.

Carter these next couple things are what really concern me. About fifty percent of your mate's body is covered in scars. They range in shape and size but none of them look like they were accidental. We did a full body CT on her and I can see at least twenty seven different healed fractures. Some of which have obviously been fractured more than once." His words were beginning to make me and my wolf very angry and very territorial. I didn't want to listen anymore but I knew I had too.

"We took some blood to run some tests on and I believe I know why your mate's wolf is so faint. From what I can tell your mate has been given wolfs bane for a long time. I also found that she had trace amounts of silver in her blood to weaken her wolf further. I think that her wolf is still in there, but I have no way of knowing when or if she will surface." With this last bit of information, I couldn't sit down anymore.

I stood up so quickly my chair fell over, I didn't look at the two men on the other side of my desk as I made my way to the door. Before I could leave Nate stood in front of the door not allowing me to leave.

"Carter I know you are upset, but I can't let you leave this room until I know you are in control of yourself." Nate's words barely registered in my head and I knew I wasn't in charge anymore.

"Nathan you are Carter's brother, so for his sake move out of my way. I am going to see my mate. I have to see her to know she is okay. I promise not to hurt anyone as long as they stay out of my way. Now...MOVE!" My wolf's command was not one to be ignored and Nate knew it. He was my brother, but my wolf wasn't.

We stalked down the hallways and growled at anyone who tried to talk to us. All we wanted was our mate, after all, we had heard we had to see her. We could tell that Luke wasn't quite finished telling us all that was wrong with our mate, but he knew where to find us.

Finally, we made it to the room our mate was in and we quietly entered. We didn't want to wake her if she was asleep knowing how much she needed the rest. As we had expected she was asleep on the bed and we slowly made our way to stand beside her. Someone had reattached the IVs she had pulled out earlier, we hoped she would keep them in her arm this time around.

As we began to relax seeing our mate was fine my wolf relaxed giving me back control of my body. I sat back down in the chair I had been in when she awoke and mind linked Luke to come finish telling me about her. She looked so peaceful as she rested. You couldn't see the hurt and torture in her eyes, she was so beautiful and unafraid in sleep. I stared at her for the few minutes until Luke walked into the room.

"Are you all calmed down now Alpha Carter?" Luke asked me hesitantly. I just looked up and smiled at him. My eyes were no longer the red that signified my alpha status. Luke visibly relaxed and sat in the only other chair in the room.

"I only have one thing left to tell you and it pertains to her mental health. From what I can gather she has been abused for years. How many I don't know and how severely I also don't know, but I can tell you it was extensive. She seems to have haphephobia, which is the fear of being touched. All medical staff who have worked with her noticed she pulls away from any contact and avoids it if at all possible. She also appears to have has androphobia, which is the fear of men. I think this stems from the abuse and means that her abuser or abusers were probably male.

She also seems to suffer from nightmares and is constantly fighting against the sleeping drugs we give her. The people who were with her before may have taken advantage of the vulnerability of sleep and used it to hurt her. I don't know this for sure but I would guess that she also has some PTSD from her time in the Shadow Mountain pack." These revelations made me sink into my chair.

"How am I going to help her? How am I supposed to show her I love and care for her without being able to touch her? Maybe the fact she knows we're mates will help," I started to contemplate.

"That's the other thing Carter, she doesn't know about our kind. She doesn't know we exist and I would bet even if we told her we were werewolves she wouldn't know what those are." Luke informed me his voice full of sorrow. I let his words sink in and I wanted to scream.

Then a bloodcurdling scream ripped through the room. I looked around trying to figure out where it had come from. Then I realized it had come from my mate.

AN: I know that this chapter may not be as exciting as the others, but it has a lot of information in it. The next chapter will be more exciting. I hope that you enjoyed reading, let me know what you guys are thinking. Until next time, bye bye!