Chapter 6: Hospital

Elinn

As soon as I opened my eyes they were instantly shut again. There were large lights above me blinding me. Why would you put lights right above someone who was sleeping, it was like a cruel practical joke or something. Again pulling on my strength I opened my eyes the slightest bit allowing them to adjust to the light slowly.

After my eyes could finally stand the lights above me I began to look around at my surroundings. I was in a largish room that definitely belonged in a hospital. There were pieces of medical equipment scattered around the room along with various medicine bottles and bandages. The bathroom was on the wall to my far right and to my left were...

I stared at the chairs next to me and held in a scream. On the chair closest to me was a man, only he looked to be asleep. If I were to guess I would say he was probably around six foot five, his hair was brown and cut so it was shorter along the sides of his head and longer on top. I couldn't see his eyes so I had no idea what color they were and I honestly couldn't care less at the moment.

There was a strange man sitting in my room. A strange man that I couldn't remember ever seeing inside the house. I didn't recognize his face among those who had taken pleasure in hurting me, but that didn't mean he wouldn't. That's what men enjoyed, using women in whatever ways they wanted for fun. I had never met a man who thought differently so obviously they didn't exist.

I did another double take of the room, I realized that I was most definitely in the hospital. How would I have gotten here though? Master would never take me here nor would any of his men. I began to grow anxious knowing that when Master found me I would get a far worse punishment than the last one.

I didn't even notice I had a heart monitor on until it started to beep faster following my thoughts. That's when I finally looked down to examine myself, for the first time since waking up. I was lying on my side and the only thing covering me was a thick blanket. I noticed that my left hand was covered securely in layers of gauze and my right leg had some kind of brace on it. It could only mean that they were broken, again.

That was when I realized I couldn't feel anything. If my hand and leg were really broken I should have felt the pain by now. Not to mention that my back had been shredded when I left Masters whipping room. I should have been in immense pain, but instead, all I could feel was nothing at all.

My heart rate began to increase as I looked for the reason for my nothingness. I found several IV's coming out of my arm. Without even thinking about it I pulled them out of my arm. I had no doubt there was pain medication in one of them and it was the fastest way for me to fix the problem. That's when the louder beeping started, it sounded like an alarm. I realized that pulling the tubes out of my arm must have set it off.

As soon as the loud beeping sounded the man in the chair next to my bed awoke. He was on his feet in two seconds scanning the room for the source of the noise. Then he turned to me and his eyes met mine. His dark blue eyes connected with mine and he seemed to do a double take, realizing that I was awake. He began to walk toward me but I quickly scooted back as far as I could in the bed.

"No please don't move. You are going to hurt your back if you do that." His words were filled with concern, but I didn't believe him. He couldn't care about me no one could, garbage was something you tossed aside when you were finished with it. That's what I was and he was going to use me just like everyone else. I knew he could see the fear in my eyes and I tried to hide it the best I could.

Suddenly the door burst open and a two more men entered the room. Both of them were dressed in scrubs telling me they were medical staff here. My heart beat even faster now that there were three unknown men in this room. I was sure to be beaten severely for not doing as the first one said.