Chapter 13: Leaving

Elinn

I had been chained to the wall for a long time, but it had been at least a few days. The room I was being kept in was dark, so dark that I couldn't see a thing. Master had often punished me by making me stay in a dark room before, but this time it was different. I wasn't sure why I thought so, but I could just tell Master was going to make this time worse.

"I'm not happy with you Pet." His voice startled me and I held in a yelp. I had never seen a door open to indicate that someone had entered the room. I hadn't heard Master's footsteps when he approached me. Yes, this was going to be very different from all the other times.

"I have been a kind man so far. I have given you everything you could possibly need. I let you have your own room, and I allowed for you to have a place to sleep. I even gave you a place to relieve yourself, and how have you repaid my kindness?" His words were sharp and filled with a lethal calm. I could feel myself beginning to shake.

"You have been a bad little girl, haven't you. Disobeying orders when you think no one will notice. Trying to sneak food out of the kitchen, even though you have been told you can have it. You are disrespectful to those above you, and you aren't making Master happy. Now Pet tell me what is your goal in life?" Master had only recently started giving me 'lessons' on how I was supposed to behave. That question was one that Master had made a powerful point of teaching me.

"My d-d-duty sir is to p-please you," I stuttered and I knew what came next. One of Master's hands connected with the back of my head pushing my face into the wall. A whimper escaped me as he pushed harder causing part of my cheek to start bleeding.

"You know how I hate it when you stutter. You've also broken two of the rules just now darling. Care to take a guess at what they might be?" I kept my mouth shut, knowing that he didn't actually want me to answer.

"Very well then let me tell you while you get your punishment for disobeying me. I guarantee this will be one of the last times I have to teach you a lesson girl. I expect you to do what I say the first time." His words made me begin to cry though I made no noise. Master detested when I made noise, especially the sound of people crying. He said it was a sign that they were weak and meant nothing.

A flash of white hot pain shot through my shoulder when a knife was jammed into it, hard. I bit my tongue to keep from calling out, knowing no one would come to rescue me. The knife was twisted so that is scraped against my bone. Again I held in my pleas for him to stop. I tried to picture myself somewhere else, a place where this pain wouldn't exist.

"This my darling is for talking as though you are a person and not a piece of trash. Disgusting garbage like you doesn't get to use words like 'me' or 'I'. You will refer to yourself as 'Master's girl' or just plain 'girl'. We take care of you out of the goodness of our hearts and if you stop being useful we will get rid of you." He jabbed the knife into my other shoulder to make sure I got the message.

"Your second mistake was calling me sir. You know my name pet and you know it isn't Sir. You will call me Master at all times," As he spoke something extremely hot met my upper thigh. I couldn't hold it in any more a scream escaped my throat.

"That's what I wanted to hear, aww that sound. It's like music to my ears, I wish I could make you do that all day." His lips brushed along my neck as I continued to gasp and cry out as he shoved the object further into my skin. I knew that it would leave a nice new scar for me to remember this by.

"Now for your real punishment, I'm sending you down to the cells. I know the men down there have been itching for you to go visit them again. Maybe this time I will leave you down there for more than just one night. That way you will more fully be able to appreciate the luxury of the things I grant to you." It was then that I broke. That prison cell was one of the worst places I had ever been.

"Please Master, anywhere but there. Your girl couldn't stand going back down there again. She doesn't think she would survive it, please! Master's girl will be better, she promises! Just please do not make her go back to that realm of nightmare," I sobbed as I begged him to let me stay here.

"No, I think this is just what you need to be reminded of your place."

I could hear someone calling out to me from what seemed like a long ways away. Maybe someone had finally come to save me from Masters clutches. I tried to reach whoever was calling me, but I couldn't quite get there.

"Come on Elinn wake up! It's not real, you need to wake up," The voice was commanding and yet also gentle. I wanted to know who it was, but at the same time, I didn't. What if this person was here to take me back to Master. Surely by now, Master knew where I was and trying to get to me. My mind became clearer and I remembered where I was.

I shot up in the hospital bed, getting quite tired of being in it. People kept coming in and out of my room trying to talk to me. Some of them would take my blood or check my ankle and wrist to see how they were healing. I was very unsettled by all the attention I was getting. This bed was keeping me confined and I wanted out.

"Whoa, looks like you finally woke up. I'm glad that you were able to pull yourself out of that." I whipped around to see who was talking. Why was it that strange men always seemed to be sitting next to me while I was sleeping? I scrambled across the bed to stay as far away from him as I could.

"Hey now, there is no need to be afraid. You must have had a pretty crazy nightmare, but you're okay now. Whatever was hurting you in there isn't here now." The man was tall with short gray hair and for some reason, I felt like I should trust him. I ignored the impulse knowing it was just my head making up fairy tales.

"I'm going to call Luke in to check on you again. You're back doesn't look like it's healing the way it should be. After that, I want to examine some of your scars, and I want you to tell me how you got them. I'll be right back," The man told me and walked out the door. I was right I couldn't trust that man, no one could know about the scars.

I had to get out of here as fast as I could. I knew that someone would be here in a few minutes so I took my chance. I found a little paper dress that I could wear and slipped it on. I slowly crawled off the bed letting myself get used to the sensation of standing upright again. My leg still had a brace on it and I knew I shouldn't run on a broken leg, but I didn't have much to lose.

I crept slowly towards the door and peeked out. The hallway was clear and without hesitation I bolted down the hall. My footsteps were light, so much so that you could hardly hear them. I followed the winding corridor until I reached an intersection. To my right was a set of stairs and to my left were more doors and an elevator. The elevator would be too slow for me I had to get back to Master so he wouldn't punish me.

I scurried down the stairs as quickly as I could. The action sent my leg a flame with pain, but it wasn't that bad. Compared to some of the things that had been done this was a walk in the park! I kept going until I reached a door that said it was an exist and I figured it would lead me outside. I slowly pushed it open and peeked outside, knowing that this was my one chance to escape this crazy place.

It was dark outside and from what I remembered that meant people should be asleep.Sometimes it was hard to remember how normal people did things when you hadn't been exposed to it for so long. Across from me were a lot of trees that seemed to go on forever. To either side of me were rows of buildings and I knew the trees were my best bet. Sliding through the doorway I looked around once more, no one was there. I took a deep breath and ran for the tree line opposite me.

Goodbye, weird hospital! Now I just had to figure out where I was and how to get back to Master.

AN: WOW! What have you guys been up to while I was gone? This story is number 935 in werewolf right now. This isn't something I did it's something we did. I couldn't have done it without you and I hope that you know that. Thanks so much for reading this story and I hope you are liking it. I am so glad you are all reading and hope that you will continue to. Let me know if you guys like something or if you didn't I love hearing your feedback. Thank you again for being so wonderful. Until next time, bye bye!