Chapter 62: The Man

Elinn

The door to my room creaked open after an unknown period of time. I could tell that Carter had stood up to greet whoever had just entered.

"You look a lot better than the last time I saw you. I hope your room was to your liking, if not I'm sure other accommodations can be arranged. We have quite a few guests at the moment with the royals visiting and all. Speaking of which they are coming to hear what you have to say and will be here soon." Carter said to the mystery person. I assumed that he was talking to the man he had brought into my room earlier, but I was much too tired to do anything except liston.

"The room is amazing, much like your mate I haven't had a bed in a very long time. I also was able to eat something and let me tell you after two months with no food some broth is the most delicious thing you've ever eaten.

It will be good to see the King again, I haven't seen him in some time being trapped and all. We used to be very close before all of this happened. I even knew Elinn before she was kidnapped by the traitors in my pack, my son use to go over to her house for sleep overs. You located him didn't you, and got him out of the dungeons?" The man from earlier asked anxiously awaiting an answer.

"Yes, we found him and he is currently having a check up with one of the doctors so that he can start to get better. We know that he isn't in the best condition but that's about all we know right now. I promise that we will tell you whenever we get any news." Carter reassured as he made his way back to sit beside me.

"Do you know when she'll wake up. People have told me what happened and I know that you don't know me yet, but I care for her. I don't want anything to happen to her and I am so sorry for anything that has happened her." The man said sounding very sincere.

"I believe you, I never doubted that you cared for her that much was obvious. I can't imagine a person not caring for her she's just so special and I can't even explain why sometimes." Carter told the man sighing and grabbing my hand.

"How do you know her? I know she said you were in the cells, but that doesn't really explain..." Carter's voice faltered and the man spoke up.

"Well you see the man who took over the pack had an obsession with Elinn. He was constantly trying to break her and when she did break he kept going to make sure she stayed broken. Usually he would personally punish her, but when he was really mad he would send her to the cells.

He would leave the door unlocked so that anyone would come in and out. He also encouraged his guards to as he would say "have some fun" while she was down there. They never let up on her, whenever one guard stopped another would take his place.

One of the times that Bastard locked her down there the guards decided to let the other prisoners have a turn. After the years of torment some of them had suffered it wasn't surprising what they did to her. We each got thirty uninterrupted minutes no matter what we did, with the exception of trying to kill her.

By the time my turn came she was covered in layers of blood and I wasn't sure how she was even still awake. So for my thirty minutes I sat on the opposite side of the cage from her and whispered encouragement and kind words. I wouldn't be surprised of she's blocked the memory, but every time she was sent down to that hell hole I made sure to whisper good things whether she could hear me or not." As the man spoke the memories surfaced.

I remembered how long the hours had seemed as countless men stepped into my cell and took their turn with the punching bag. I could clearly see the faces of each and every one of them. Some would beat me relentlessly while others hit me a few times without any real intent to hurt me before they just stood and stared at me until their time was up and the next person started.

I thought about the one reprieve I had gotten. When a small skinny man had been pushed into my cell and I had immediately flinched away from him. The man slowly backed away from me and sat on the opposite side of the cell and I had wondered what he could be doing.

That was when he started to whisper under his breath. It took me a few minutes before my body could relax enough to understand what he was saying. He told me that I was strong and beautiful, he said to never give up and just focus on one thing. If I just remembered that one thing everything would turn out alright. He told me that all I needed to do was remember my name.

"El....l....elinn," I choked out through my cracked lips as my eyes lazily opened. Both of the men turned to me with questioning faces, then the man's face lit up.

"That's your name isn't it? Your name is Elinn," The man said and I could see tears forming in his eyes. Carter looked between us wondering what was going on. I barely had the energy to nod to the man.

"I hoped that even after all those years you would be able to remember just one of the things that I said. I prayed, I prayed with everything I had that you could just remember that one thing and it could get you through. You did, you did just what I wanted you to do, and look what it got you. It got you a mate, a house, food, a bed," I smiled tiredly at the man and reached out a hand for his own.

He took it careful of all the wires sticking out of my arms. He squeezed it lightly and a tear finally slipped out of his eyes. He took the hand he was holding and put into one of Carters large hands. Carter gave him an appreciative look and went back to staring at me.

"OH MY GOODNESS! Is my baby okay? I heard about what happened and I just can't believe it." The women I had been introduced to as my mother burst into the room and was instantly at my side. Her hand moved to my forehead then down my arms and back up again inspecting me for injuries.

"She is doing much better now mam, we got the right meds into her only a few minutes after this all happened and Luke says that she should be feeling better by Wednesday." Carter told my mother as she continued to fuss. Oh great only two more days of this, what a fun time.

Moving at the speed of light my mother spun to face the man in my room. She glared at him so intently I thought his face might melt off. The man however did not back down, in fact his smile softened as he observed her.

"Are you the one who did this to my baby girl?" Mother accused and before anyone else could say anything my father spoke.

"Don't you recognize him Adara? Don't you remember that he would come over to our house all the time for the holidays. He would bring his son and he and Elinn would play together for hours while we sat and talked business. One day he just vanished and we all wondered why but no one could tell us anything and we figured he just didn't want us around anymore anymore.

Adara, he's back, my younger brother is back."