Chapter 85: Goodbye

Elinn

"This is the last time that you try and escape little girl. I'm so fed up with this sort of ungrateful behavior and for what? So you can see your precious little family again, I don't think so. After today you won't be able to even remember what they look like. Maybe then you can finally learn your place here." Master, as I had finally resigned myself to calling him was strapping me down to a metal table, but unlike all the other times he had done this we were somewhere new.

We weren't in the 'playroom' as the mean man liked to call it, we were currently inside what seemed to be a doctors office. At the very least it smelled like the doctor's office my Mom used to take me to when I was sick. Nobody took me to the doctor's when I was sick anymore they just made me do more chores.

"You can't make me forget my family! I would never forget them, never in a million years would I forget what they looked like. They are the reason that I work so hard to get away from you!" I yelled at 'Master' as I struggled against the metal bindings on my wrists, ankles, waist, and neck.

I could barely move an inch which I figured was the point of this table. On the plus side, it didn't give the mean man very many places to try and hurt me. If he wanted to really get to my skin he would have to uncuff me which would mean that I could flail around a bit and try to keep him away.

"Oh, on the contrary, my little pet, I can make you do whatever I want. I can assure you that your family will be the faintest of memories when I am through with you. Maybe you'll be able to see glimpses of your house or a place you went, but their faces, I know you won't be remembering those. Now I think it's time we get this whole process started so it can finish faster wouldn't you agree." He said a sadistic smirk gracing his lips.

As if she had been waiting for those exact words a woman in a white lab coat walked into the room. She was tall almost as tall as the mean man being only an inch or two shorter than he was. I wasn't sure what was going to happen, but the fact that 'Master' had brought in a doctor wasn't a good sign. It meant this would be a precise torture, it was all going to be calculated to break me down, to make me forget.

"This is Dr. Korster and she will be helping me with this little project so that my plans can get back on schedule. She has been trained to help with uncooperative patients like yourself and knows exactly what she is doing. I'm just here because I like the sounds you make while your screaming. They made me feel so....happy." He threw his words at me as if they could burn me. I ignored him keeping my eyes glued to the woman as she walked around the office turning on various machines and pulling things out of cupboards. Finally, she stopped pulling things out of the cabinets and pressing buttons and walked over to my side.

"Hello there little girl, I am Dr. Korster do try to remember that because you may need it later. If you remember I may give you a little break from our fun experiments later. Now, I would normally do a physical, but your Master here assures me that he has checked all of you personally and you have a clean bill of health. I happen to trust him very much so we shall proceed." The woman began picking up a syringe and flicking it. I never understood why doctors did that, it just made me more nervous about the whole needle thing. Especially when it was being held by a lady who worked for a madman.

"I'm going to give you this shot, it makes you more susceptible to pain. Everything we do this afternoon will be more intense than it has ever been before. If you cause me any trouble with me, well beyond what I would expect from a procedure like this than I will lend some of it to your friend here and he can use it on you whenever he feels like." The needle hit my neck and I immediately tensed up. After a few minutes, it felt as though all the strength in my body was being sucked from my bones and I wasn't sure what was going on.

"I think I'm ready for those electrodes now. We need to make sure there in the right place so they don't fry her brain. We need her forgetting about her family not how to breathe. Will you pass me about eight of those electrodes so I can get this set up? We'll start at around 300 volts and we will keep going from there."

Dr. Korster started sticking these little diodes to my head and I had a feeling they weren't going to make me feel nice. I tried to move my head, but I couldn't with the strap. That was holding my neck in place.

"First shock in three....two....one....administer shock."

I knew that I was dreaming, but I could barely remember that I was in fact dreaming. I needed to wake up, but it wasn't working even though I needed it.

Finally, I was able to peel my eyelids back and I realized I was laying on the couch at this new house. It wasn't helping my anxiety that I was in a different place than the normal one that calmed me down. I needed Carter and I decided that I would try and search the house to find him.

I roamed around but I couldn't find him anywhere and I started to reflect on the last couple of days. Being left by myself was probably a bad idea. In fact, it was probably one of the most harmful things that could happen at this moment.

Five people were now dead because I was here. Their families were suffering because I wasn't brave enough to just leave and go back to where I belonged. Everyone would be able to get along just fine if I was gone and everything could return to the way it used to be.

I decided that all in all it might be better if I gave myself up and then all of this could finally end. I would leave be able to go and everyone else would be safe.

I grabbed some paper and decided to write Carter a note explaining what had happened. He deserved to know what I was doing and pick a new mate to be his Luna.

Carter,

I am so sorry for all the pain I have brought to your pack. You were so kind to take me, but it's just caused you so much trouble. I just wanted to explain why I am doing this, why I have decided to leave.

When you first brought me in I was so scared to be near you. I was terrified that you would be exactly like all the other men that I had ever met. But you weren't you were nice to me even when I didn't talk to you or when I didn't let you touch me.

You comforted me and held me when the nightmare would wake me up in the middle of the night. You never pushed to know why I was upset or what I was thinking. You were just there for whatever I needed and didn't have any expectations.

Then you let me go at my pace whatever that would be. It helped me grow to learn that not everyone was like those men who had kept me captive for so long. I finally began to learn that you could trust other people without getting burned in the process.

Now, after all of this has happened I would just like to apologize. I never wanted anyone to get hurt, I just wanted to be able to be free. Now I see that if I choose freedom I subject everyone around me to pain and suffering. I'm sorry that I have to leave like this. I love you.

-Elinn

I left the note on the counter and locked up the house. I didn't want anyone messing up Carter's nice house, I doubted I would be seeing it ever again. This was the best thing for everyone. I walked out the back door and just kept walking. Master said he was coming to find me, I hoped this meant I was the only person he would find.