Chapter 36: Back Story

Carter

"When I was first brought to that house I thought it was beautiful. It reminded me of my house a little bit because it was so big and grand. I thought that my parents had sent me there for a dinner meeting, it wasn't an abnormal thing although they usually sent someone with me. At least I remember someone always being with me." Elinn was calm as she began her story. I hoped that I would be able to keep myself calm as she told me about her past.

"I was taken to meet with Master, though at the time I didn't know him. I remember being confused when he told me I was breaking rules as I talked to him. I didn't know the rules there and so I didn't understand why he was telling me I had to be punished.

That first punishment was the worst one I can remember. I didn't understand what was going on or why people were trying to hurt me. I was tied to a medical table and a bunch of people came in. At first, it wasn't so bad they poked me with needles, but I wasn't afraid of them at the time.

Then the pain started and I thought I was dying. My whole body felt like it was trying to tear itself apart. I could hear a faint voice in the back of my head screaming for this to stop. I knew that it was me, but I could no longer remember who I was or what was happening all I knew was pain. I'm pretty sure that was the first time they injected me with silver.

After I had calmed down they began to try different things on me. They would make various sized cuts on me and see how long it took for the blood to clot or for me to stop screaming. I begged them to stop, I told them that it hurt and they just smiled at me. I tried to plead with them to let me go and they would laugh as they cut deeper into my body." I tried to picture what it would be like to go through that. To be so young and to be thrown into a situation where you were being tormented for no reason and no one cared that you were in pain.

"For a couple of weeks after that, they were nicer to me. Master would only hit me or kick me. It was very kind of him to give me that. I tried to run away it was stupid and I knew better. Running away is wrong, I should only focus on the needs of Master and his men. It was a selfish thing to do, I know that know.

Master spent hours after that teaching me his name. At first, I wouldn't say it at all, I wouldn't give into him, wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing I would listen to him. It was too much though and I started calling him Master. After that, his lessons got worse and I fought less and less with each one.

He spent a whole week once not allowing me to sleep or eat. He gave me one cup of water a day to show that he was a kind Master. They hooked up electrodes to different parts of my body and would shock me at random intervals with different charges. I guess one of the times they messed up the strength of the charge because it ended up almost killing me.

After that, it became very difficult to remember details of what happened before Master had taken me in. Master told me that it was a good thing, that I wouldn't have to think about things that didn't matter. I wouldn't be distracted by thinking that I mattered and deserved things. It was a good lesson for me to learn." My blood was boiling at this point, but I couldn't let it show. I had to stay calm so that Elinn would continue telling her story.

"It got worse as the years went on. I had no idea how long I had been in that house and I had started to stop caring. I knew the rules and what Master and the Sirs' expected of me. I worked to make sure that I didn't get punished and could stay as far away from them as possible.

It didn't matter though I was always punished at least once a day. As I got older the men payed attention to me more. They would try and touch me, but Master set limits for them. Master told me it was a gift that he would one day take from me, but I never fully understood what he was talking about. He told me I would enjoy it when he took it from me and whenever I asked him why he would just tell me to trust him.