Chapter 59: Interview

Carter

I sat in on the floor staring at the door my mate and Luke had walked through moments before. I hadn't wanted Elinn to go not when I had just gotten her back. I understood that Luke wanted to know what Elinn was thinking. I just wanted to know that my mate was alright, and sending her to psychiatrist made me think that she was not alright.

"Carter you need to get back into bed. You won't be able to heal unless you lie down and if you don't get better you will be no good to Elinn or yourself. Now hurry up and get your butt back into bed!" My mother scolded and pulled my arm trying to get me to stand up.

"I don't want to, I just want to have my mate here! I just want to know that my mate is okay, but nobody can tell me that! Nobody can tell me anything about what happened because no one besides Elinn knows! No ones has any idea why Elinn did what she did, all we know is that something went wrong and there was an accident. I WANT MY MATE!" I scream and glare down at the floor. I need to punch something right now and since I didn't want to stand my only choice was the floor.

My right hand met the ground with a loud bang. I needed to get this anger out of my system before I exploded. My other hand clanked against the linoleum as more thoughts of my mate filled my head. The way she had looked when she was stuck in that bed, the day I had found her in that room when ever I had seen her cry when I had caused her pain. My hands moved faster and faster as the floor began to crack beneath me.

"CARTER! That is enough! This type of behavior isn't going to help my daughter get better. You need to stay strong, you need to be strong for her. She is hurting and is probably more worried and scared than the rest of us. Now, GET BACK IN BED!" King Zayden was towering over me and I knew that what he was saying was true.

I nodded and slowly made my way to standing. I walked dejectedly back to my bed and pulled myself up onto the uncomfortable hospital bed. I stared at my now bleeding hands and think about what Elinn must be doing right about now.

The door opens and Luke slips back in, he quietly speaks to the rest of the occupants of the room and they suddenly file out. I wonder what he said as Luke pulls a laptop out of a bag I was just noticing. Luke pulls over my food table and sets his chair close to my bed and places the screen where we can both see.

"I decided that it would benefit us both to be able to see this interview with Dr. Korster. You can't let her know you were watching or that you have any idea about what she has said. That way if we ever have to do this again we won't get tainted answers. If she knows that we are watching her answers could have the potential to be changed.

However I knew that you wouldn't be a fan of this, so I decided we could both watch. You as her mate and the person involved in the accident and me as her doctor and friend. Remember she can't know that we were watching, the only thing that would change that is if there were an emergency situation." He reminds me as he logs into his laptop and pulls up a screen.

Elinn is sitting in a chair in what looks like one of the extra offices. Across from her is a woman I've never seen before, she must be the doctor that Luke was talking about. I didn't like the look of her, I didn't know why but I didn't trust her.

"Now tell me Elinn, why did you attack Alpha Carter like that?" The women ask staring intently at my mate.

"I didn't mean to, it was an accident. One m...m...minute I was working on training with Carter and the n...n...next he wasn't there anymore. I was back in my old house in the dungeons and it wasn't fun. Then Carter wasn't C...c....carter anymore he was Master and I don't know what happened. I think my wolf took over and then Nate was pushing me and it wasn't M....m...master I was choking it was Carter." Elinn hadn't stuttered in a long time. It only made me dislike the doctor more, she was making my mate uncomfortable.

"So you're telling me that you attacked Carter because he transformed into your Master and that meant that killing someone was okay? I don't know how that adds up in your head, but it doesn't in mine. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean that you get to hurt them." Dr. Korster sounded so arrogant at that moment.

"Master use to hurt me a lot, and I didn't want him to do that to anyone else. I was just trying to make sure he w...w...wasn't going to hurt anyone. I don't want him to h...h...hurt people anymore. It's wrong for him t...t...to do things like that, Carter told me so." Elinn sounded a little more confident as she talked about me. It caused my wolf to let out a little growl of pleasure.

"So Master isn't allowed to hurt people, but you are? How does that work? What makes you any different than him if you go around hurting people? I think it makes you exactly like him if you do that, don't you?" When my wolf growled this time it wasn't a good thing. This doctor was comparing our mate to that bastard of an Alpha that had spent so many years tormenting her.

"I....I....I'm not like him! I would never do what he did. He would punish me for n..n..no reason, and it hurt a lot. I'm not l...l...like him, I will never b...b...be like him!" Elinn stated and her gaze shifted to the floor as if she didn't really know if what she was saying was true.

"Oh really? If I am recalling correctly your Master would punish you for no reason correct? Well I don't think Carter did anything worthy of the attack you waged on him, did he? When he hurt you he didn't feel bad, I don't think you or your wolf felt bad while you were fighting, did you? I think you enjoyed it just like your Master enjoyed hurting you every time he would drag you to those rooms. What were they called again, oh that's right, his Playroom and his Whipping room. Don't you remember all the fun you had in there?" Something was wrong, something was very wrong with this doctor.

"Luke where did you say you found this girl again?" I asked angrily as I stared at the screen.

"One of the pack members told me she was here visiting them and that she might be able to help. Said she only got in yesterday," Luke said and his voice was filled with distress from what we were seeing on screen.

"NO! I am n...n..not like him! I didn't like hurting Carter! I could never enjoy d...d...doing something like that to someone it's wrong! I won't remember those room, y...y...you can't make me remember!" Elinn was grabbing her head and I could tell her nails were probably tearing at her skin.

"Oh, I don't have to....Pet. I'm friends with your Master and he knows where you are. Pretty soon, you will be back with him and he can remind you himself. He can punish you for all the rules you've broken, after all, you've broken so many. I can't imagine all the lessons you'll have to attend there will hardly be any time for you to do your chores.

Of course, before he takes you he has to get rid of your pesky little mate. We can't have him getting in the way now can we? After all if Alpha Marcus's plan is to work your mate can't be in the picture anymore. Then he will have you all to himself and will finally be able to take that gift from you that he left alone all those years. I'm sure you'll enjoy it too, like the little whore you are." That was it I was done with this. I jumped out of the bed and ran for the office Elinn was being held in.

It only took me a few seconds to get there, but apparently, it was enough for the doctor to finish her part of this plan. When I burst through the door, Elinn had a needle sticking out of her arm and Dr. Korster was plunging the bottom down. She looked up at me calmly having no idea that I heard every detail of their conversation.

"Oh Alpha, it's not safe for you to be here. Your mate has some serious mental issues. I believe she has an acute case of Schizophrenia and Dissociative Identity Disorder. I need to take her to the nearest mental hospital and," Before the Bitch could finish I threw her across the room and into a bookcase. I stalked towards her and pinned her to the wall by her neck

"WHERE IS THAT BASTARD ALPHA!" My roar could be heard all through the hospital. The little devil smiles up at me as she bit down hard on something in her mouth. Foam began to flow out, but before she was dead she managed to say one last thing.

"He's close, and he wants his treasure back. You won't be able to keep her from him, he always gets what he wants."

AN: It's late, sleep well. Happy Holidays, hope you all had a great weekend. I'll see you on Monday. Until the next time, bye bye!