Chapter 57: Awake

Elinn

I was trapped somewhere in between reality and my own mind. I was aware of what was going on around me, but at the same time, it didn't feel real. I was also stuck in Master's playroom where the torture never stopped, it felt so real. There were times when I didn't know which one was real and which one was a figment of my imagination.

I had given up on ever being saved at this point. I knew that Masters rooms were reality and Carter was never going save me. He had joined the ranks of my tormentors and I couldn't blame him. I hurt him, he had done nothing but love me and I had attacked him for no reason. He was just exacting justice for the things I had done wrong and I couldn't blame him.

My dreams had been the same ever since the incident happened. It was always me strapped down to a bed listening to people talking all around me. Sometimes they were talking to me and other times they were talking to Carter who was also in a hospital bed. I couldn't move to look at them or respond to anything they said, I had tried a couple times, but I had given up.

I felt as if I was stuck in one never-ending nightmare. Even when I knew I was awake and back in that torture room I somehow still felt as if I was asleep. When I was in the hospital I knew I had to be asleep because Carter's eyes held no hint of anger or resentment. I was beginning to get so tired, I didn't want to keep living like this. I just wanted it all to end, one way or another.

I was sleeping now trapped with those leather straps to that bed. I had just fallen asleep after Carter had been viciously whipping me. I could vaguely remember my golden eyed twin talking to someone. She had said something about them not needing to be here and ruining something. I couldn't hear well over the sound of the whip cracking around me.

I looked to where Carter should have been lying in his bed, but he wasn't there. I looked around and found that he was in a chair next to my bed and it reminded me of when I had first met him. He had been sitting in a chair next to my hospital bed then as well.

"Elinn, you're up, that's good. I thought you might want to talk to me, about what happened. I know that you didn't mean to hurt me. You would never hurt anyone intentionally, least of all me. I just need you to talk to me so that I can understand what happened and we can start to fix it." I liked dream Carter, he was always willing to listen and he wouldn't hurt me.

"I know that you think you're dreaming right now, but you're not." With his words for the first time, I was able to move my head. I turned it so that I could really look at Carter.

"Would you look at that you can move, I was afraid you had turned into a statue." Carter teased me, but his eyes told a different story. They were filled with fear and worry as if he really was concerned that I would never move again.

I didn't understand why my mind kept using this place when I dreamed. I hated hospitals and I knew Carter was furious about what I had done to him. It didn't make any sense that I kept ending up here when I already knew all the facts.

"Look, I know that you don't believe me, but you really are awake right now. Think about it, have you felt pain while you've been in that room recently? I don't think you have because you can't feel pain while your dreaming. You can't feel other people touching you, you can't do things like read or feel while you are asleep." I thought about what he was suggesting.

It was true that I hadn't really felt pain while in that room, no physical pain anyways. I had been emotionally drained it was true, but I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't remember needing to read anything even though Carter had several times used my blood to write mean things in front of me. I had always just known what they meant without having to look at them.

"I know you don't want to be stuck in that awful place anymore, and you don't have to. All you have to do is believe me when I tell you that this is the real world. Please," I wanted to believe him. I wanted to trust him so bad, but I had no way of knowing if he was telling me the truth.

"I understand that you're hesitant about this whole thing, so I brought something I thought might help." Carter's face lit up as he walked to the door and pulled it open. In the doorway stood Annelise and Corbin looking very nervous.

Annelise ran over to the hospital bed very concerned. She did her best to climb up the sides of the bed, but the straps were making it hard for her to reach me. Corbin's eyes were filled with pain as he placed Anna between two of the straps that bound my chest.

"Luna Elinn, what happened to you? Why are these things on you? Are you okay, there are scratches all over your arms, was it a cat? I bet it was a cat, a stupid cat put you in this hospital!" The anger that filled Anna's voice was very comical. It caused me to let out a small giggle.

A genuine look of shock crossed my face. I had just made a noise, and nothing had stopped me! I was gaining back control of my body and I wanted to cry.

"Luna, I'm gonna get you out of these things. I know that someone is going to try to stop me, but I won't let them stop me! You don't deserve to be trapped like this, you've spent enough time stuck in a place you didn't want to be." Corbin began tearing through my bonds and I could hear people protesting.

When I looked around I saw so many people in the room. Carter's parents were here along with mine and both of our siblings. There also appeared to be several doctors and nurses in the room. Apparently, they didn't like Corbin's idea and had tried to stop him, but Kent and Nathan had stopped them.

As the straps released I began to feel like I had more control over my body. When all the leather strips were gone I slowly sat up, the action making me dizzy. I slowly brought my hand up and extended it towards Annelise. The whole room seemed to hold it's breath as my hand met her cheek.

"Thank you," My voice was weak and cracked from lack of use and dryness. Corbin climbed onto the bed and pulled me into his arms along with Annelise. There were tears in his eyes as he looked at me.

"We would never leave our sister trapped in a cell, no matter what shape it came in." His words sent me to tears. I really was awake this was all real! I wasn't being tortured and Carter didn't hate me.

"I'm back, and I'm not going anywhere," I promised them. After a few minutes of just crying, we all moved apart and I saw Carter staring at me. I slowly climbed off the bed and walked so I was standing in front of him.

"I don't know what happened, I just got so angry thinking about what happened to me. Then suddenly you weren't there anymore it was Master in that room. I didn't know what to do, I was just so furious. I understand if you don't love me anymore if you want me to leave. But please....forgive me." I begged through my tears. Carter gently reached out and took my hands in his and squeezed them.

"I could never hate you. You didn't mean for any of this to happen. It was an unfortunate accident and you weren't the only one to blame. I love you, and nothing is going to change that." I fell to my knees at his words. He was actually forgiving me, this was real and he wasn't going to send me away.

Carter knelt down next to me and pulled me into his chest. He pushed the strands of dirty hair behind my ears and tilted my face up to meet his. When our lips touched I knew everything was gonna be okay. Carter was here and so was I, we weren't leaving each other anytime soon.

AN: Your responses to the last few chapters have been great. I love looking at all the different theories that are going around. They are all so detailed and interesting. Thank you for answering others questions when I am not available to do so, I sincerely appreciate it. I hope you all enjoyed this latest update. Right now we are at FIVE HUNDRED EIGHTY THOUSAND VIEWS! Thank you all for getting us there, it is such an astronomical number. Until next time, bye bye!