Chapter 90: Goodbye

Elinn

Carter stood there staring at the man who had tormented me for years. He had kept me locked up and hidden, like a princess in a tower waiting for her knight in shining armor or show up and free me. The monster that haunted my dreams and tainted my soul was now standing in the doorway watching my mate.

"You must be the famous Alpha Marcus. The leader of rogues and destroyer of packs, a man who has no mercy. You aren't as intimidating as I thought you would be, somehow I pictured you being taller, but we all make mistakes." Carter was obviously trying to set Master on edge, but I knew how useless that idea was. Nothing ever upset Master like that, you could rarely ever taunt him into things.

"And you are the little man who decided to attack my pack and take my things. One of the most powerful Alpha's in the world! Getting all nice and chummy with the royal family, I mean it makes sense since you found their missing daughter. Well not theirs, but that's just semantics now isn't it?" Carter had to be careful, he had to remain calm. Whatever game he was trying to play here Master could play it just as well if not better.

"Tell me, why are you here? I know you're here to get Elinn, that much is obvious, but why? Why do you care about controlling her so much?

Does it have something to do with her father maybe? Not the one who sits on the throne, but the one who beat you all those years ago. Who ruined all of your plans for the future, all those pretty little ideas you had of controlling the pack, gone in a single moment." I could see the rage beginning to build behind Master's eyes.

I had been given years to learn exactly how to read him and even though nothing very obvious change, I could see it. The slight tension that was building in his chest, it was always a sign that something bad was going to happen. It had always been my warning to prepare myself for a severe brutal beating.

"So you've done some studying, you're not as dumb as you look. But what do you really know? That is the real question, what do you actually know about this game that you've become caught in. All of it over one stupid silly girl, who would ever have guessed?

She isn't the innocent cute docile puppy that you think she is. It all merely hides the dark cruel corrupt women that she tries to keep inside. She may not know it yet, but my little pet will be one of the greatest instruments in this little war that's brewing. Now I think it's time you give her back to me, don't you? We wouldn't want your pack to suffer over one worthless spineless slut now would we?" His words cut me deeply. I was used to it from him, but that didn't make it any easier to hear.

"DON'T TALK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT! She is an amazingly talented young woman. She is kind and cares about all those around her. She puts others needs in front of her own and will always be there for them. You know nothing about her!" Carter was losing it and I knew what that would entail. He had to try to hold it together, if he let anger cloud his mind he would never get anywhere.

"That's where you're wrong dearest Alpha. I know so much about that little mate of yours, probably more than you do. After all, she has a hard time talking, I'm sure you've noticed. Though maybe she began disobeying rules while she was away and that would mean she will be getting a nice punishment when I take her back home with me.

Did you know that when she gets scared she digs her fingernails into her palms to try and work of tension? Did you know that she bites the inside of her mouth to keep herself from screaming? Eventually, though she can't take it anymore and oh her screams. Have you made her scream yet? No, I'm sure that you haven't done that yet, you're just a scared little pup. To afraid of breaking your porcelain mate," Master was slowly making his way to Carter. I knew what was going to happen before either of them moved.