Chapter 75: Confessions

AN: Hey guys I just published a new book that is a Q and A book about me and the characters you are reading about. It's called Getting to Know Me and I would love for you all to check it out. I want this to be a really cool thing. I know I don't usually put stuff at the beginning, but most people don't read the ending authors notes so this is going to have to do. Also, I would love to see some new art for the book and maybe even get a new cover for it. If that's something you're interested in you can DM me or email me at dawnosaur.22@gmail.com. Thanks! 

Carter

I stalked down the hall back towards the ballroom. Odds were the party was still in full swing and I would find Zayden and Adara there. I needed to talk to them about all this stuff that was happening to Elinn, things just weren't adding up.

"Carter! Carter wait up!" I heard someone call from behind me and I turned to find Madeline running after me. I smiled a little seeing her then remembered what had happened the last time I had run into her.

"Carter, it has been so long since I've seen you. I tried calling you but you never answer your phone so it was impossible to get a hold of you. Your parents wouldn't even tell me where you were which was sooo frustrating." Madeline complained as she reached my side and reached out to touch me.

"Madeline I think we need to talk about what happened the last time I saw you. You insulted my mate right in front of me and didn't seem to care that you were upsetting her. You are normally such a sweet girl what happened?" I asked her taking her hands in mine trying to understand why she would do this to me.

"Don't you remember how she attacked me? She was so mean to me Carter and she didn't even get punished. Don't you care what happened and that I was hurt?" Madeline looked up at me with her big brown eyes but I knew what she was doing.

"Maddy she only attacked you because you provoked her! She is my mate and is the most important thing in my whole world so of course, I was worried about her. I don't like that you got hurt but you were the one who started this whole thing. She was meeting you for the first time and the only thing you could do was throw insults at her. What was up with that?" I demanded more forcefully. I needed to know what was going on in her head so I could fix this whole mess.

"You want to know why I was mad? I thought that was fairly obvious! I mean we can all see it except for her apparently, something is wrong with her not me.

She's the one who came in here and ruined everything. We were all just fine, you were happy and nothing could possibly go wrong. We were so close and I almost had everything that I ever wanted. I came home to have a nice weekend with you and found her all over you!" Madeline burst out and I saw something changing in her eyes as she spoke.

"We were going to be the perfect couple. You were so close to giving up on having a mate after eight years of you being unable to find her. I knew that you were going to give in and chose me to be your mate instead. We would be the strongest Alpha and Luna there had ever been. Until that little hussy came along and ruined everything.

I came home this weekend all prepared to finalize everything with you. I was going to take you on the perfect date where you would fall for me. We were going to mate that night and you were going to forget that you ever had a mate. Then when I saw you I thought everything was going to go perfectly we talked for hours until you remembered.

Then you ordered me to stay in the house and not disturb you while you went looking for the runaway whore. I had to sit there and listen to your parents moan about how 'their perfect new daughter was lost. You were going to be so happy with her and you would work this misunderstanding out with her.' It was so disgusting and I was furious.

After that, you disappeared for days and when I went to check on you do you know what I saw. You were sucking face with her like she was actually important! Like she was better than me and was made for you! When she's not she's just a thieving minger who takes other women's men.

So I took the liberty of telling you exactly what she was. I was trying to warn you about how witch was screwing with you, but you weren't listening. Then she attacked me and you just let it happen. She threatened me and hurt me and you stood by and let her have her say. You didn't care that I was hurt all you saw was that your arm candy got her ego insulted.

SHE RUINED EVERYTHING! WE WERE PERFECT AND SHE RUINED IT! IT'S ALL HER FAULT THAT YOU HATE ME AND I'M GOING TO MAKE HER PAY!" Maddy roared and I took several steps back. She was acting like a monster and I couldn't believe she was actually saying these things.

"You thought that I was going to give up my mate....for you? You thought you could convince me that my mate, the person the moon goddess designed for me to be with, wasn't good enough for me. That you were somehow better than her? How does that make any sense?" I asked lowly but my voice grew louder as I continued.

"Elinn isn't some conniving slut who is pulling the wool over my eyes. She is the most beautiful, kind-hearted, gentle, sweet, loving girl that you will ever meet. I know that in your cretin eyes it must look different but it's not. I love her more than anything else in the whole world.

You were always just a friend Maddy and nothing more. I never had any sort of romantic feelings towards you and I don't know where you got that idea from. I've seen what you truly are now and I'm disgusted with you. You are a weak, selfish, malicious, cowardly, vicious, hateful person I've ever laid eyes on.

You had better be off my pack lands by tomorrow morning. I Alpha Carter Johnson, hereby serve all pack ties with Madeline Cornite and declare her a rouge. If you aren't off my land by seven o'clock in the morning I will not hesitate to send the guards after you. You know what we do to rogues who pose a threat in this pack, I suggest that you hurry." I snarl at her and turn and begin to walk away.

"I'm not done here! I will get what I deserve if it's the last thing I do. You'd better tell that little skank you have for a mate that I am coming for her. When I find her she is going to realize exactly what I am capable of!" Madeline screeched after me, and I whirled on her, but she was gone. I snarled and continued towards the ballroom.

Now I was furious, but I was also on a mission. I wasn't going to let Elinn's parents slip past me this time. I knew that I probably shouldn't be doing anything right now considering how mad I was but the rage was blinding me.

I reached the ballroom and searched for my prey. I spotted Elinn's parents talking to my own and rushed over to them. My father was the first one to see me coming and it was apparent that he could see how furious I enraged I was by the look of calm calculation that came over him.

He pulled my mother behind him and turned to face me fully, my wolf was out now and I wasn't in the mood to try and reel him in right now. My canines elongated and I could feel my fingers turning into claws my body holding back a shift causing my whole body to ripple with the anger I was feeling.

As I got closer to the group Zayden seemed to notice my fathers reaction and turned to see what was going on. He quickly assessed the situation and pulled his wife behind him much like my father had. He seemed more at ease than my parents who seemed to be trying to find the right course of action.

"Alpha Carter, I can see that your upset. I don't know what caused this, but I think it's best that we go somewhere else to discuss this matter." Zayden tried to reason with me, but I wasn't in charge at this particular moment.

"Carter isn't available right now, I'm in charge and will be for quite some time. You, your mate, and I need to have a conversation you are correct. I am going to get answers and I don't care what I have to do to get them." Luca snarled at the Alpha King who stiffened at the order.

"You had better remember who you're talking to pup. I outrank you and I will send you to your own dungeons if I have to. Keep your anger in check," He commanded using his Alpha tone.

"That's not going to be good enough right now, however since you are my king I will respect your wishes. You are going to follow me to a place where we can talk or I will make you. This is about your daughter and I need answers now." Luca demanded and stalked out of the room. After a few seconds, I sense Zayden and Adara following me. This should be interesting...

AN: Until next time, bye bye!