Chapter 31: Agreement

Carter

I stared at the two pups who claimed to be related to my mate. Not only that, but they claimed to be a part of the Royal family. I couldn't fathom how something like this could happen.

The Royals weren't really discussed all that much, they were feared too much for that. They were the strongest and most brutal pack and kept the rest of us in line. They made sure basic laws were enforced, alphas did their jobs and that all in all the werewolf community thrived.

Was it possible that Elinn could come from such a family? My wolf and I both knew she was a strong wolf, there was no question about that, but could it be? How could the most powerful pack in the world not be able to find their missing princess? It didn't seem to add up and it made me nervous.

"How can I be sure that you are who you say you are. I will not let you enter my pack's territory without a fight unless you give me a good reason." I clutched Elinn closer to me in case they decided to just take her and leave.

"Carly come here please," The older one, Darius I think, commanded. One of their personal guards stepped forward and walked towards us. My wolf growled at her not liking some random wolfs guard so close to my mate.

"We aren't gonna hurt your mate Alpha Carter. Darius here is my mate and I bear his mark, I'll show it to you to prove that we are who we say we are." The woman spoke with a faint southern drawl. I relaxed slightly and eyed her neck cautiously. She pulled down the side of her shirt and I examined her mark. It was indeed the mark of a royal.

I knew the shock showed on my face as I looked between my mate and the two princes in front of me. My mate was a member of the royal family, how could that happen? Right now I didn't care too much because I needed to make sure that she stayed with me here. Elinn wouldn't do well being thrown into a brand new environment with people who would think she remembered them and have expectations for her. Better that she remain here for now and get used to being around people who didn't have such aspirations for the girl.

"We're almost there Alpha, what's the situation?" In all the drama I had almost forgotten that the pack warriors were on their way here.

"Do not engage just come in and stand behind me. Mind- link beta Nathan to get his butt down here as well as my mother. And bring me some shorts!" I cut off the mind link and went back to focus on the matter at hand.

"Well, at least I know that you aren't lying to me. I guess I will be making sure I have rooms prepared for some guests. You should also know that some of my pack warriors are going to show up soon. They have been ordered not to engage you so don't engage them." I figured forewarning them might be a sign of good faith, just as Darius allowing me to see his mates neck was his.

"We will not fight anyone who doesn't deserve it. Now I believe we were never properly introduced. My name is Darius and this is my younger brother Xander. The girl in your arms is our younger sister who has been missing for the past twelve years." Darius said and gazed happily down at Elinn.

"Look I know that this is all very new Elinn, but can you please let us give you a hug? Or you could just hold our hands, but I need to be sure that you're real, that you're here. Please," The words slipped softly out of Xander's mouth. His eyes were beginning to water as he stared at his sister.

Elinn let out a small whimper and grabbed my arm tighter. She had never been one to let people touch her and apparently these men were no exception. I sighed a little knowing what I was going to have to do next.

"Elinn I know you really don't like letting people touch you, I understand. I'm not going to make you do anything you definitely don't want to do. However, I feel like it would be in everyone's best interest if you would at least let them shake your hand. Can you do that?" I whispered softly in her ear though I knew everyone in the clearing could hear me.

Slowly Elinn adjusted her body so she was facing Darius and Xander. Without raising her head she extended her arms, they were tense as if she thought the men might suddenly slash something into them. As if they were dealing with a wounded animal her brothers carefully took one hand each. A tear fell down Xander's cheek and a smile graced Darius's face when their fingers met hers. It was brief, but it was poignant.

When the pounding of claws was heard in the woods Elinn yanked her arms back into her body. She shifted so she was once again tucked into my chest. I quietly praised her for her efforts as the warriors appeared They looked surprised to find me on the ground naked with Elinn on top of me surrounded by a bunch of unknown wolves. Some of the more aggressive pack members began to growl and stalk forward.

"Hey! What did I say about fighting? Get back in line and whoever has my clothes bring them over here," I ordered through the pack link. Begrudgingly the warriors got back in position while Chad brought me my clothes.

"Nice to see you again Elinn. Annelise said that she wanted me to ask you if you were willing to come to one of her tea parties sometime. She even said you can bring your own teddy bear if you wanted to," I was grateful for Chad's words at that moment. At the mention of the little girl my mate's eyes lite up.

"W..w..would you t..t..tell her that I would l..l..love to come," Elinn requested. She had a habit of stuttering when she was nervous, but it was better than not talking at all. I was just happy she was comfortable talking to another male at the moment.

"Of course, I'll let Carter know when we set a date and you can come over. Annelise has really missed you." Chad smiled at Elinn and walked back to his position with the other warriors.

"Elinn, I need you to stand up so that I can put my shorts on," I whispered to her, causing her to blush. She quickly got to her feet and turned to that she couldn't see my nakedness. I chuckled as I slipped on the shorts and pulled her against me.

"We should head back to the pack house it has been a long day and I'm sure you are all very tired. We can talk details as we walk, but we you're welcome to stay for at least a little while." I scooped Elinn back into my arms knowing that she had to be exhausted from all of that walking she had done today. When I looked down at her feet I gasped.

"Elinn, what did you do to your feet? Sweetheart you need to be careful! I know that it has been a confusing day, but you need to take care of yourself. Now tell me how badly do your feet hurt, that includes your broken leg to missy," I kept my tone light even though my wolf was whining at me to ask more questions.

"It's not that bad, my feet kinda sting, but my leg is numb." That bit of information didn't comfort me in the least. There were a couple different reasons that I knew of that could make her let go numb and none of them were good.

"As soon as we get back I'm having the pack doctor check you out and then we are going to talk about today. For now, let me preface everything I will say with I'm an idiot and I'm so sorry. You deserve better than me and I will work harder to be worthy of you." I said it softly enough so that nobody else but her could hear my words.

"Sleep now, I know you need it. I'll wake you up when we get back home." With that, her eyes closed and she drifted into the blissful bonds of sleep.

AN: THIRTY THOUSAND! Who would have ever thought something like this could happen. You are all so awesome and I really appreciate all you do for this book. I love seeing all your comments and what you have to say. I am so glad that the fanbase is so kind to everyone who is involved no matter how their opinions differ from your own. Let me know what you guys thought of the chapter and thank you again for all you guys do! Until next time, bye bye!