Wattpad Original

Original Edition - Tip 30: Have Comfortable Shoes

"I present to you, Cinderellla..." Brook starts to announce.

"...after the magic..." Bree continues.

"...of her fairy godmother-erm sisters." Illa finishes.

I take a step down from the staircase, one hand clutching the handle of a pastel pink purse from Kate Spade and the other holding onto the railing for dear life.

Whoever invented high heels must be mentally insane or initially made those things as a form of torture during the times of execution.

There is a loud gasp-coming from Kiera who is looking at me like I just won a nobel prize-then silence that follows after it. Well, at least I think that's what Kiera's expression is. I'm a step away from an impending death due to the heels of doom and my lack of eyesight.

Where the heck did my sisters put my glasses!

"You look...wow." Kiera finally says breathlessly.

"Yup." Jasmine agrees.

"How is James supposed to be in awe of your beauty if he can't even recognize you?" Carol laughs and I feel a sudden pang of fear. Do I really not look like me anymore? Frankly, I haven't even looked in the mirror.

I think my sisters made it that way so I wouldn't claw their eyes out when I saw myself looking like some teen fashion icon that only posts duck-face selfies on instagram.

"D-d-do I really look that different?" I ask them, hoping that I don't look like a complete Barbie doll.

They all laugh, then Carol gives a serious remark. "If I saw you in the mall, I wouldn't even recognize you. Hell, I'd probably think you were a celebrity!"

My brows furrow and I make my way to the mirror to see what all the fuss is about. I see a blurry reflection of myself, clearly not recognizing the girl in the mirror. She's just so...blurry. I squint, trying to make out my features, when Illa hands me my glasses.

"I think you might need this."

I roll my eyes. "Oh really?" I reply sarcastically. I've had glasses since the second grade. Do they really think I can go on without them?

I put them on and there is another episode of gasping.

"It is you!"

"Wow you look like you again!"

"Now I can recognize you!"

I slap myself in the face. So it wasn't the makeover that made me unrecognizable. Just my glasses. Well, to be fair, everyone is so used to me wearing glasses that they can't imagine me without them. Even I can't imagine myself with contacts! It's like my glasses are a part of who I am.

As I take a good, clear look at my reflection, I can't help but fall in love with the outfit that my sisters put together for me. The black skater dress along with the golden accessories really made me feel pretty. Another thought that I had was how it looked like I finally had boobs. I guess not wearing a sports bras and instead wearing actual bras does make a difference.

Still not giving up on the sports bras though.

But what I notice the most is the way the features of my face have become more defined to the point where I actually look like...not a complete zombie. A kind of look beautiful.

Not that I wasn't beautiful before, because we can all see that I slay no matter how terrible I seem to look.

Subconscious: Really? Like that time where you...

Shut up!

Though the makeup is very light, it does make a little difference. My lashes are more noticeable and much longer. I think it was because of that black goo that they covered my lashes with. The other stuff just makes my features more defined.