Wattpad Original

Original Edition - Tip 50: Say Goodbye {Part 2}

Part II

We arrive at the hotel room, and I set my bag on the floor. I only brought a small bag because I only needed to bring the essentials: toothbrush, toothpaste, PJ's, deodorant, and tomorrow's clothes. Besides, we'd be home by morning anyways.

I texted my parents that we would be hanging out until morning and they've responded with many, many test messages back. My phone hasn't stopped buzzing since we got out of the car, and frankly, I haven't checked any of the messages out of fear.

To think, I'm going to die tomorrow, maybe by the wrath of  the tsinelas (slipper), and it's all because of dumb James. I don't even know what I was thinking when I agreed to this.

James sets his bag at the foot of the second bed and dramatically falls on top of the mattress. "I'm actually tired."

"It's only 8:30," I yawn, opposing my point. "But I'm tired too. I'm gonna get ready in the washroom."

"Okay."

I go to the washroom and wash my face, then change into my pyjamas. I don't brush my teeth just yet because I remember the stuff that I snuck in my bag.

I come out of the washroom, wearing pyjama pants and I huge Avengers t-shirt, reaching past my thighs. The first thing I see is James' back, facing the glass window. I walk up beside him.

"One of the best views in the city." he whispers, and I nod.

"It looks almost fake."

Our room overlooks the entire downtown. The lit up CN tower, clear as day, standing in front of our eyes. Meanwhile, the skyscrapers are bright stars among the dark sky. Nothing short of breathtaking. It's like a photograph plastered on our wall.

"Are you hungry?" I ask suddenly, and he frowns at me, confused.

"W-we were just talking about the view...how did that remind you of food?" he chuckles.

I shrug. "I put the extra cupcakes from my house into a container. They're in my bag."

"Only you De la Cruz, only you."

My heart involuntarily flutters at that and I think I need to cut back on all the sugar I've been consuming. Sugar rushes can do a lot to a girl, y'know.

I take out the cupcakes and hand one to him, then take one for myself. He peels the red wrapper of his and takes a bite out of it. His eyes light up as he says, "This actually tastes so good! They're not burned this year!"

I take the first part as a compliment and respond to the second part by punching him so hard on his side, that he grunts.

He laughs afterwards, and we both sit on the edge of the bed in silence, eating our dessert.

"I'm really gonna miss doing these kinds of things with you," he finally says, breaking the silence.

"Me too," I admit. "I still can't believe you're leaving, just like that."

He seems to be so deep in thought, that he doesn't reply.

"When do you think you'll be coming back?" I ask, releasing the question that has been on my mind. 

"I have no clue." he breathes out.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

The conversation ends at that, and he goes over to the washroom. He changes as well, and after, we both brush our teeth, ready to sleep.

I make my way to the bed that I claimed as my own, but he ends up following me and taking the space for himself.

"Hey!" I exclaim.