Wattpad Original

Original Edition - Acknowledgements

First and foremost, I would like to thank God for not letting me quit on this book, nor my life, even when times were just craptastic.

Anyways...

Seriously guys, I can't believe we made it! You don't know how excited I am! I started this book all the way back in 2017. I remember because the first chapter was written in a doctor's office by my 14 year old self, and I published it the day before Valentine's day.

(I guess I was low-key lonely and salty about it)

Now that I look back on this book, the beginning is kind of (very) cringey, there are a few plot holes, things that don't make sense, but I was 14. And it's the first draft. I really hope I'll get to editing it soon, but in the meantime, lemme just enjoy this victory of slaying 50 chapters and more than 100,000 words.

I would like to thank my family, whom I have banned from ever reading this monstrosity.

To my mom, thanks for going through 36 hours of labour to birth me.

To my dad, who advocated for my new Macbook and writing desk, which really sped up my writing process, thank you.

For my Ninang, thanks for listening to me rant about plotlines while I interrupted your 90 day fiancé marathon.

Lastly, my sister, who never understood my passion for books because she never read any, I just included you here because I didn't want to leave you out.

I would like to thank my 4 best friends for inspiring the LKJC.

To the real life Kiera, thanks for being the most excited for my updates though you didn't even make a Wattpad account. You always had my back even though you hated Jara. I know that when I feel discouraged, you'll be my hype girl.

To the 2 Jasmine's. One of them read my updates right away, while the other always fell asleep or was too lazy to move during the day. Still, I love both of you.

Finally, to the real life Carol. If you knew her, you'd love her. She is EXACTLY THE SAME as the book character. Thank you for making me laugh, for being my partner in attacking the Jasmines irl, and just being an overall violent person.

All of you, I hope you someday find your real life "boy-fries" and they're as sweet as my fictional ones.

Lastly, I wanna thank my readers (ALL Y'ALL) because you have supported me through and through. I know I wasn't the best at updating, but you guys really stuck through. When I felt like I was stupid and terrible at writing, you guys convinced me otherwise. You believed in me when I didn't. For that, you are my friends. I may not know you guys in real life, but you're awesome!

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Also, to my sucky love life, thanks for the overwhelming inspiration.

Very overwhelming.

You could turn it down a notch.

P.S. stay tuned for bonus content and more in, "How To Find a Boy-Fry in Toronto" (le prequel). And my new work coming soon!!!!