Chapter 13

Luke's POV

It was a Saturday now and I hadn't spoken to Kelsey at all after yesterday. I couldn't face her after what I had told her. That's the most I'd opened up to someone without being forced and that truly did scare me inside. Just the fact that she managed to make me tell her what was going on. With me. With my mental health. I don't know how she did it but, she tore down my walls for a minute or two and made me confess something that I couldn't even tell my therapist. Sure, it may not be much but, it was to me. It was a lot to me and yesterday had taught me something.

Yesterday with Kelsey taught me that I shouldn't run my mouth and just have fucking panic attacks and breakdowns everywhere. I have to stop being so god damn sensitive to everything around me, because the aftermath of it all left me in a shit state.

I clenched my jaw, adjusting the strap of my duffle bag on my shoulder. I tuned back into the conversation and joined in the laughter. "And she was like what is that?" I heard one of the boy's voice. "It was caviar of course!" A chorus of laughter reigned over us.

"Well, of course, she wouldn't know. She'd never eaten it of course." I commented making the boys howl with laughter.

"Lower class people am I right?" Connor shouted and they sniggered.

"They're not that bad-" I stopped myself seeing a familiar brunette leaned against the side of my car. "What the hell are you doing here?" I said not so nicely. My hazel eyes raked over her body, taking in her beautiful image. What? Although I may be slightly cautious and wary around her now, I did need my daily dose of Kelsey Willard.

"Your dad wanted me to come and personally get you seeing as you don't answer his calls." Kelsey's arms were crossed over her chest and she had a cool, confident aura bouncing off her. I internally smiled. My baby, was being so confident in front of all of these snobs and I liked that. But... where had the shy Kelsey gone?

Externally I scoffed hearing this, of course, he'd get others to run his errands for him. I was an errand to him. "So what you're his maid now?" I laughed spitefully and I heard some of the boys snigger as Kelsey's calm image quickly vanished under the scrutinising eyes of the other lads. I clenched my jaw. There went her confident image because of me. Wow Luke. Way to fuck up your girls' confidence. What?

What the heck was I even saying?

Your girl? My girl? Ha in your wildest dreams Luke. She would never ever date me. Ever. I knew Kelsey and I knew she wouldn't date me.

"Luke Brooks!" I turned to Connor with a raised brow. "Who's the maid?" He had the audacity to lean on my shoulder. You see, Connor and I didn't have a good history. I didn't choose to 'hang out' with him. I didn't choose to know him. I didn't choose at all.

Connor and I were forced to be friends because of our fathers. Connor was an egotistical, common white asshole who believed women should be in the kitchen whilst men worked. He also believed that anyone of a lower class was dirt on his shoe. If that didn't make you hate Connor then I don't know what will. Oh yes, did I mention Connor's a racist bigot?

"Don't be a douchebag. That's Kelsey." Kelsey frowned at Connor's behaviour towards her.

"I'm not his maid," Kelsey spoke, hardly audible and I frowned at the poor girl. Great, you knocked all of her damn confidence in front of these pigs Luke! I yelled at myself internally. I'm so fucking stupid.

"Don't look at me like that maid." Connor sneered and I watched Kelsey cower slightly, obviously intimidated by the sound of his voice. Anger boiled in me as Kelsey looked down at her feet, not even defending herself. I heard some of the boy's snigger, "Cats got your tongue aye?" Connor smirked. "Tell me you dirty hag."