Chapter 39

Luke's POV

I walked down the halls with Nolan walking beside me, we talked aimlessly about nothing which then turned to something. "Yeh, so I'm gay."

"What?" I spluttered stopping in my tracks.

Nolan looked around skittishly, hoping not to meet my gaze as he nervously shuffled. "You're the first person I've come out to."

A Cheshire Cat-like grin arose on my face. "I am so bloody ecstatic that I'm the first person you trust and I'm happy for you. That you've come to terms with everything and that you've had the courage to come out."

Nolan chuckled, "you're not freaked out by it?"

I glanced at him with confusion evident on my features, "Why would I be?"

"I'm on the football team-changing rooms. Are you not revolted? That I may stare at boys and stuff...?" He trailed off.

I shook my head and raised a brow in clear confusion, "why does it matter? I gaze at girls and you gaze at boys. It doesn't really make a difference Nolan even if it is in the changing rooms." I laughed. "So, anyone caught your fancy yet?" I joked with him as we kept walking.

He shrugged, "not really."

I chuckled, "the right boy will come for you or you'll come for them-whichever and they'll be the best."

I stopped for a moment, noticing Kris in the art room through the glass window. I stepped into the room with Nolan tagging along. I smiled, "Kris!" I waved softly. "What are you doing?"

"Art duh-" His sassy voice faded when his eyes met Nolan. A spark ignited behind his eyes and this was obvious to me. I saw it between the both of them. The fire and sparks could be seen between them and the electricity in the air that crackled made we watch them both in confusion.

"I hate art," Nolan muttered, as he gazed at Kris.

"You are art." Kris blurted out and I raised a brow at his bold move. Nolan's cheeks tinted a deep shade of pink whilst Kris went red from embarrassment. I looked between them confused and then I realised. Soulmates. They were soulmates. I wanted to say something but I didn't get the chance to. "I mean I'm Kris."

"I'm Nolan and you're pretty."

I raised a brow and elbowed Nolan, "Just ask for the number already and go on a date geez. I can't deal with this awkward tension." Nolan laughed, scratching the nape of his neck.

"Uh yeah..."

"I'll leave if it makes it any better." I smiled at them both and disappeared. Although I was happy for him, my heart sunk slightly. I tried to shrug it off but it was a nagging feeling that kept carrying on. It grabbed onto me and wouldn't leave me alone. It crept up behind me and shadowed me and even managed to envelop me.

Everyone had a someone except me. Even Nolan who said previously that he didn't like anyone. I touched my head that started hurting from all the overthinking. I was extremely overwhelmed at the moment. I sighed deeply, hoping it would leave but it didn't seem that way. I tugged on the strap of my backpack, the jittery feeling returning. My stomach churned as my hand clenched over the strap.

As I walked my eyes fell over a certain couple. Kelsey's eyes met mine briefly as Kaden talked to her. I stared at her for a few seconds and she attempted to smile at me. I gave her a look and then carried on walking towards the parking lot. She doesn't like me so what doeses it matter?

I leant against my car for a second, in a dizzy spur. I let the car support me in my weak moment. My hands nearly slipped as the became clammy again and my chest hurt even more. My stomach flipped consistently as my throat choked up. Tears blinded my eyes and truly, I didn't know why I was crying. I shoved myself off my car and into it.