Chapter 25

What would you like to see in future chapters?🤓

Luke's POV

I blinked and heaved for breaths, coughing. I tried to move panicking. I tried to my arms but, they were stuck by my side. "He has woken miraculously!" I heard an accented yell. "Monsieur Brooks, please stop moving." She spoke again, leaning over me. I coughed loudly and tried to sit up. "Monsieur Brooks!" I shoved off the oxygen mask and attempted to breathe evenly.

"Take me home."

"We have to check on you in ze hospital."

"Take me home." I didn't bother to look at her.

"Monsieur-"

"I want to see my family!" I cried out. "I want to see them. I nearly died again. I want to see my family. I want them to know I'm okay please." I begged my eyes glazing over.

"We shouldn't zo..." She trailed off and I shut my eyes the feeling of being weak making me hate myself even more. Tears rolled down my cold wet cheeks. "Marc take him home. We'll have doctors come to him." I wiped my tears quickly, hating the thought of them not knowing I was alive.

•••
I walked into the home awfully quiet, noticing I had been changed by the paramedics to ensure I was warm. I kept the blanket wrapped around my shoulders and stared at them as I walked in. I watched them silently. They all had their backs turned to me watching the grand tv, news about me.

"Luke Brooks, aged 18 and son of business king and queen, Sebastian and Alya Brooks, has disappeared. He is still off the grid and nowhere to be seen. His tiger moth plane has been lost for more than 7 hours and we-" I ignored the reporter's voice. I don't think you could have cut the tension with a knife like you usually would be able to. It was so thick not even the biggest knife could cut it. Dismay and desperation hung around the two families hand in hand. They tiptoed and hugged each individual family member conjoining with their souls.

See you couldn't cut it but I could. "I look good in that picture. Was that recent or what?" I smiled graciously as they all turned towards me slowly, thinking they had heard the ghost of me. "Did you guys miss me?" I spoke lightly, with a teasing undertone.

"Is that L-Luke?" I heard my mother's fragile, vulnerable voice shaking first as she emerged from another room, red-rimmed eyes and I could see a prayer mat had been set out in the room. She had been praying for me... "My baby boy," Her voice cracked as she came towards me and it pained me to see her like this. I felt a weight on my leg and saw a sad looking Jax hugging my leg tightly. I ruffled his hair as he hugged me tightly. "Thank Allah, you have been saved." She hugged me tightly and then let go of me to hold my hands and then noticed the bandages. "You were supposed to go to the hospital." She informed me.

"I wanted to see you." My voice defied me and matched my weak demeanour as it cracked. My eyes glazed over as her eyes welled up. She let go of my hands touching my cheeks instead and staring at me for a few moments. I watched her facial expression turn from sadness to pure anger. Within a second my face was turned to the side and my cheek stung.

She slapped me?!

"Māmā." I murmured in Arabic, touching my cheek.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" My mother screamed and I didn't even flinch at the tone of her voice. "I have nearly lost you to two deathly suicides, a car crash and now a plane crash. Ya Allah, may He have mercy on you!" I flinched as she so openly talked about my suicides. I stayed silent as she spat out quick Arabic. My father approached my mother slowly, coaxing her in Arabic.

My mother viciously turned around when my father touched her shoulder and also slapped him. He immediately let go of his wife. "And you? I can't believe you bought him that monstrous thing at 13! Sebastian evil eyes follow our son everywhere he goes!" She screamed and then spat Arabic cuss words out in hysterics. My father stood there unphased by her potty mouth and he simply moved closer to her, enveloping her into a hug also carrying on speaking soothing Arabic words to her as she sobbed into his shoulder. My father managed to move her to another room so she could calm down.