Chapter 16

Luke's POV

Music burst through the house and the sweaty atmosphere thickened around me. The pile of birthday gifts, guarded by a bodyguard grew and grew by the second. Teenagers and A-list stars mingled and danced. I threw my head back, laughing loudly as a girl tried to seduce Damian. It wasn't working I'll tell you that.

"IT'S LUKE BROOKS!" Someone screamed loudly, making me flinch. I felt someone reach out for me.

"Ah-ah." I wagged my finger with a lopsided smile on my face. "I'm not drunk enough yet." The girl-no girls sighed unhappily and lingered around me, waiting and trying not to seem obvious.

I tilted my head back, taking another shot and another. I turned and I was suddenly pulled into the wave of people dancing and jumping about. The different coloured lights whirled about, lighting up the dark room, setting an even better atmosphere. I smirked noticing, a cute petite girl grinded up against me. God, I do love the petite ones. Just like Kelsey.

"Best party ever Luke!" Damian yelled down my ear and I slowly turned to him, to see him making out with a girl. His eccentric skeleton makeup probably smudging off in the process.

"Of course it is!" I shouted loudly and the girl in front of me huffed, noticing I wasn't paying attention to her. I glanced at the girl but, my mind wandered elsewhere. I wonder where Kelsey was. I wonder if she even came. Why would she come? She has no reason to be here, after I acted like such an ass to her.

"Luke!" The girl nudged me and I blinked a few times. She suddenly disappeared from my view and I was left standing there, staring at an open space, my heart sinking every time I thought about the angelic girl.

"Luke-oh..." I was forced back to reality for the moment. I turned to the Vincent and raised a brow at him. The blaring lights shone over us, his red contacts and fangs glinting in the light making a small smile place itself upon my lips at his choice of costume. My eyebrows furrowed together seeing Vincent's eyes wide and mouth slightly ajar. I swivelled around to see what he was looking at. The girl that had been grinding on me before was kissing the girl that had been kissing Damian before.

I blinked a few times, not able to come to terms with the show in front of us. All three of us ogled at the two girls making out. "Luke!" I heard a yell of my name and then a shove. "Break it up, girls. Go do that shit somewhere else!" Kris shooed the girls off. They snarled at him, causing him to glare at them. "I said fuck off!" He stomped his foot like a child.

"Word of advice, listen to the short lad," Damian smirked, the two girls huffed and vanished into the crowds.

"Luke! Happy birthday young child!" Kris latched his arms around my neck and I chuckled as he flipped Damian off.

"Oops-" I was shoved once more.

"Damn it, Francis! Watch where the fuck you're going!" I cried out and he laughed drunkly. His arm latched around Caitlin's waist. I bit at my lip, staring at the sight in front of me. Were they together? A devious smile adorned my face. Alcohol could do many things to a man, whether it be good or bad, it does many things.

"Happy birthday mate! Sick party." Francis yelled at the top of his lungs, raising his glass making people hoot and cheer.

"Francis!" Caitlin smacked Francis' chest.

"Whattt babeee?" His words were slow and drawled out. Caitlin sighed but smiled nonetheless as Francis kissed her cheek and then nuzzled his chin in the crook of her neck.